Author Topic: The good, yet bad times.  (Read 3568 times)

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
Re: The good, yet bad times.
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 04:07:48 pm »
@Kijiako ~ Good times indeed. :3

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 09:53:23 pm »
When I first joined, I didn't notice the actions box, so when I first went in a local map, I saw people with their heads down and curled up. I guess I thought to do those things you have to "look" all the way down and your head will appear to be lying on the ground... I've must have looked pretty noobish...

I also would randomly press the "q" and "e" buttons and dash off in so random direction. :P

Gotta love them noobs.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 12:51:42 am »
When I first joined the Feral Heart community, I roamed around to listen to other people chat and roleplay. Before I joined, I heard from someone that most RP communities hated fox characters and would "kill" them on sight. I believed them, and didn't want to get too close to any large groups. When a big majority of the players wanted to do harm to my first fox character, I thought to myself "Dang... she was right all along." But then some friendly people consoled me, and said, "FH is a great community to be in. If you stay here long enough and make some good friends, you will learn to love it." I'm glad they told me that, because here I still am today.
Inactive

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 10:56:10 am »
@AlphaEclipse ~ Oh lol, I freaked out when I pushed the "Q" key on accident. ^^
@LadyAlizarin ~ I was terrified of large groups when they randomly came to me witht hose black pelts and red eyes.

Offline BlackWolfSoul

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 12:25:13 pm »
I was looking for a new online game I could play, i was bored, that was on my other account which I had to delete for a personal reason.
I was sitting in front of my moms laptop and waiting for new year, and I found this game. I thought it's cool, but when I started to play, I thought 'WHAT AM I PLAYING'. I couldn't get to know the buttons, and i just closed it. But then I was bored, so I turned it on:
I found Atlantis, and I got completely lost there, for few hours, I couldn't get out.
I sat near some 'strange guy' called 'Neon' and said - ''That's an original name, but how come you have it, if you're a wolf? Because you know... Neon is like a neon - light?'' For him that was like a complete facepalm XD
I was trying to make a guy character and few days later, on my friends list I had like about 50 new girl-friends? So I thought I must be a really cool and nice looking guy >.> And then I came back to reality and realized I'm a girl -.-
I was completely scared of MOD and I imagined myself a guy sitting and watching me and my friends and laughing at us, eating popcorn and drinking coca-cola in front of 16 monitors in some small studio. I got really upset then, as I was about 11 when I started to play Feral Heart.
I heard about getting mates and I tried to get one by flirting with some random guys, and one came out to be with his girlfriend - I haven't noticed her.
I didn't know what RP and WB and stuff meant, so I made myself a list of shorter words used on internet :D

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 12:30:15 pm »
@Natix ~ Hilarious, Natix. c: I kept crying when I got lost somewhere. And I giggled at the Neon thing. ^^

Offline BlackWolfSoul

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 12:30:53 pm »
HAHA ;3

Offline Blackiebelle

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 01:10:04 pm »
- I thought that you walked by pressing shift. It took me around five-ten minutes to figure out how to walk.
- The first thing I did after that was get lost in the SP.

Thankfully I already knew how to roleplay from the other sites I've been on, and was saved mostly from the whole 'illiterate new person' stage.

Offline shiftyglob

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Rawr, I'm Megatron!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 01:27:48 pm »
Let see.. Well I had been playing Impressive Title before Joining Feral Heart, so I knew most of the controls, how to navigate, and basically how to role play.. So I guess I'll have to talk about when I first joined IT?
It was the earlier days of IT, no items or prey had been put into the game yet, and very few maps, heck, there weren't even accounts back then! My first character was this awfully dull, trying to be realistic lioness named Pineleaf (I was obsessed with Warriors back then), and I ran around as her like a blind chicken for the first day. I had played a few other games(-cough-wolfquest and guildwars) on the PC so the controls weren't to hard to get used to, but I had never role played before, I had seen other people do it, but that was about it.
The first person I met was playing this dark brown male named Dax, who later became the co leader of the group called Jaaku Clan. And of course I was a newbie who copied everything going on around me, so instantly my character had a crush on them. Sadly for my stupid self back then, he went with a different gal, one who actually knew how to role play. I got over it soon enough and continued to hang out with them. Then I made a new character named Bast Imret(Based on a character from Tail Chasers Song), a huge black beast with wings and what not. I would go around and join in any fight going on, and with the amount of cub killers about, there was always a brawl or two. But it was the way I would fight that made it really dumb, I still didn't know how to role play at this time, so I would power play and auto hit the heck out of people by jumping onto their backs and ripping their spines out! Luckily after that fiasco I met KIller and  Dante Donovan and became one of their cubs, Oscuro, and with them and Raksha I began to learn how to role play like a somewhat decent person. Though it would take me awhile to learn that roleplay is not to be taken seriously, and that it is just for fun. In the end Oscuro was killed by her own cubs because I had yet to learn how to keep my characters  personalities constant. But after that I'd say it was smooth sailing for a good long while.
"Courage is not the absence of fear but the ability to confront fear"

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended yet. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 11:46:40 am »
My first days on FeralHeart were very enjoyable in what I now think is in an odd sort of way. xD I wasn't really much involved with the forum at that time so I was pretty much clueless and new announcements, who the staff were, mass markings and all the jazz.
It was during the days when you spawned in Bonfire rather than the Lonely Cave because the Lonely Cave didn't even exist xD. The place was hectic, as you'd imagine Bonfire to be, but more so than it is nowadays. We didn't have mate centers back then, my young friends ;). I spent most of the first few hours running around Bonfire, avoiding the trolls and sitting and watching the peeps go about their business. I made too friends that day! :D One was kind enough to show me around the maps. I'll never forget her ^^. When she poofed, I went back to Bonfire and met a nice lad and had a few good conversations with in the days thereafter.
I spent most of my newbie days in Bonfire and occassionally going to Ficho. It was only until about a year ago, when I started venturing out the Fluorite Plains, when all my old friends had vanished off the face of the Earth, and met new friends, Buffy, Lord Sura, Red and all the others. :)

Good time, good times indeed. :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)