Author Topic: Interspecies relationships  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Interspecies relationships
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 09:15:31 pm »
If you're not trying to be super realistic, I actually like the idea. It could make for a very entertaining RP. For all people are bringing up the resulting hybrids, it would be just as interesting if, like in real life, a tiger and a hyena couldn't reproduce. They could always adopt if they really wanted to raise a cub.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 09:25:46 pm »
All I have to say is, 'love is love'. Whether it's a hyena + cheetah, or Lion + wolf. Heck it's FeralHeart people xD Anything could happen xD

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Blindstar97

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Return of the Lynx, Part 42
    • casuallykindred
    • blindstar13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 09:41:11 pm »
Well, considering lions and wolves can talk, have wings, and be freaking purple, I'm pretty sure a wolf and lion reproducing would be normal in FeralHeart.  I mean, how else could Nanaki exist? *badum tish*

And it's also fun to come up with what the hybrid name would be.  Like, would a dolphin/lion hybrid be called a dolpleon or a lionphin?  
Protesting lack of lynxyness!
COOL_EPIC_SIG_PIC.jpg
One true lady, one fine lynx

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 01:44:42 am »
I find it quite interesting when I see a wolf flirting with a coyote, or anything like that. It makes roleplays interesting, especially if the rp is supposed to be very realistic. I have never encountered anyone from another species asking any of my characters to be their mate, but when it does happen, I'll be open-minded and maybe even accept the request. And I like hybrids, and people who create them can do just about any markings, ears, etc without feeling unrealistic. It gets kinda boring when someone creates a spotted hyena, for example, and they almost always stick to the spotted hyena markings.
Farewell everyone<3