Author Topic: "Movie not found" Error  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
Re: "Movie not found" Error
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 11:19:41 am »
You cant assume that everyone knows about all this. Especially someone who wasnt able to log on this forum for a very long time because of an error no one offers an explanation for and still need answers to that too. It is really sad that the source code is not in your possession, and I hope you will somehow get a hold of it, although I guess we can say after such a long time it just stays a dream.

Oh well, I guess I will just... not rp that much or dont chat to be able to see the movie clips. Kind of a bummer that no one knows how this problem even comes up.... Not even the staff ._. The same is with the error I had, everyone is suggesting that I should have cleaned by cookies and then everything is settled.... -sigh- Oh well....

Offline Microfloof

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.
    • View Profile
Re: "Movie not found" Error
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 01:10:01 pm »
@Garganator: As Red said, they don't have the source code since they didn't make the game itself, Kovu did. It's less likely to be because of servers since once the server is up and your connection is good, well then there shouldn't be a problem. Honestly, I myself think that it happens when too many people are in one place, people are spamming the chats and there are too much movies being spread out.

You should try leaving it for a while and then trying to watch one of the movies at a later time when there aren't so much people around. Go to a less popular map, make a movie, and try to watch it. It works best if you ask your friend to make one and then you scroll down and find it in the chats. If it works in a different map you know it's probably because of the lag. Plus KovuLKD has other stuff to do and is also very busy, so he probably doesn't have time to fix all the bugs. We got many new things last year so wait until Christmas (not far now!) and I'm sure a new patch will be up and many bugs will be fixed. It's usually Kovu's Christmas present from him to us.

Skypeeez: DelightfulRippedSofa
View my deviantART or submit a help ticket!