Author Topic: Wolves of the Sharkanyan woods.  (Read 19480 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Wolves of the Sharkanyan woods.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 03:08:59 pm »
Adro glared at Helian, her eyes narrowing. Such a silly name for a wolf, she reflected, her temper flaring as she scowled. "Shut up. I don't want to hear any of your crappy talk." She muttered, glaring around her as she stretched out in her tight cage. Muttering a few words about crappy humans, she closed her eyes, willing to get some rest as she heard the familiar cheers of the beasts as the wolves fought.

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Only God can heal my broken wings and set me free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 03:15:13 pm »
Helian rolled her eyes. Not caring if the wolf heard or not, she muttered, "I believe it's only you that needs to shut up." She frowned at the thick black bars of the cage that held her in, and she ran her tongue along the cool metal, tasting the salt of human sweat from the fingers that had touched her prison. She drew back her tongue, refusing herself the enjoyment of such an activity before resting her head in between her paws. She closed her eyes against the darkness, and one of her ears twitched at the rowdy cheers and roars seeping through the thin walls. Sick humans, she thought. They'll draw out entertainment in any way they can, even if it means the spilled blood of innocents. She wondered if all the wolves were as innocent as she thought them to be. Perhaps they had spilled some bad deeds along the way against humans that caused them to be hooked into captivity and slammed into these tight quarters. Or maybe it was entirely the humans' fault?

Humans, Helian decided. It's always the humans.

Click image to view my art gallery.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »
Creon narrowed his eyes at the dire in the cage across the aisle from him. "As a matter 'a fact, I don't know anyfin' about this place." He murmured at her first remark. "In case you 'aven't noticed, sweetheart, I ain't been here for very long." He added in a snappy, sarcastic tone, lowering down to his haunches and perking his ears to listen to the rest of the stranger's explanation. "Fightin'? Pff. That's wot everyone's makin' such a big deal over?" He huffed with a gruff laugh. "That ain't a big deal. 'Less ya can't defend yourself. 'Sides, they throw meat in, you said. I wouldn't mind tyin' some opponent in a knot for some easy food. Sure is a lot better than 'avin' to catch it yourself." He said nonchalantly, slipping down to his belly on the cold metal floor of his cage. "Just fink about it. All's you 'ave to do is take on some easy mutt, then you get free food thrown at ya. I don't see why everyone's freakin' out so much." He raised his eyebrows absent mindedly as he finished his dim-witted reasoning.

The brute perked his ears as another nearby fae spoke up, snapping at the one he had spoken to. His eyes darted from one canine to the other, following their verbal assault on each other. Scrunching his muzzle, he smirked a bit in amusement, then rested his head back down on his forepaws.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 03:22:33 pm »
Adro glared at the brute's reply, wrinkling her muzzle in disgust. "I can see why you're so inexperienced." She muttered. "If you think it's so easy, you don't you give it a go? Let's hope some human walks by and dumps you in the fighting range." She growled, annoyed with how the brute thought life here was so easy. I wish it were. At the last remark of the male, she shook her head. "Son, not every mutt is easy." Adro replied, tucking her muzzle under her paw. 

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 03:33:04 pm »
A quiet sigh laced with exasperation escaped Helian's maw as worry bound her chest so tightly that she could barely breathe. She held no desire to talk to any of the wolves here - well, perhaps a short conversation here and there with some of them - and she often spent her time observing the cage, but impatience was snapping at her throat today. She abruptly scrambled to her paws and circled the cage for a few seconds before sniffing at the door that only the humans were able to open. Such a curious invention, she thought. Unfortunately, it was also very effective in keeping her where the humans wanted her to be.

Even if Helian was able to find her way out of the cage, she wasn't sure if she would be able to completely escape the large building. She had no idea how to navigate through the long hallways and twisting corridors while the path was firmly imprinted and familiar with the humans, making it easier for them to corner her and throw her back in the cage, perhaps with even more protection to prevent her from attempting such an escape again. Frustration overwhelmed the wolf, and she wrinkled her nose before starting to quietly lick the bars again, a bad habit she had formed during her time here. Although she only did that when she was worried or angry, she knew she had to stop.

Helian's ears perked up as she listened to Adro's respond. She wouldn't admit it, but she did agree with the wolf - life here wasn't all fun and games. You couldn't just expect to be able to defeat every wolf easily. Besides, the meat wasn't that good at all, although it did fill her stomach whenever she won it. "You'll eventually see how hard it is," she said kindly to the wolf, even though she didn't feel kind at all right now. "But ... just keep swimming, just keep swimming! La da da da da."

((Just kidding. Ignore the last sentence.))

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 03:40:45 pm »
((Lol))

Adro nodded at Helian's response, agreeing with the canine. Sighing, she rested her head on her paws, keeping her eyes opened as she watched the door which the human and the wolf had disappeared through. A agonized howl could be heard as cheers erupted, along with clapping and stomping. Adro closed her eyes, knowing that one of the wolves had died. Muttering under her breath, she opened them as the cheering faded, and human language bursted into her ears. Uninterested, she tried to block out the words as she sighed, glancing around the room.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 03:42:18 pm »
XD))

Creon gazed up at the female across the way as she responded. "Heh, alright, then." He responded with a careless shrug. "We'll see 'bout that." The brute added casually, tapping his tail against the steel flooring of his cage. "I'm reaaaal intimidated." He chuckled sarcastically, rolling his eyes at both faes' dark outlook on things. "Well, as much as I'd just loovvee to continue talkin' wif you two- I really wouldn't. So I'm gonna, y'know, tune you out 'an get some sleep." He murmured with a careless smirk, curling up so he was facing away from them. "Bloody cowards." He muttered under his breath, but quickly let out a content huff and flickered his eyelids closed. As he had gotten comfortably, the piercing howl and cheering shattered his peaceful state, making him jerk his head up and glance around. Shaking his head, he let out a disinterested sigh and put his head back down.
sig by me

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 03:48:34 pm »
The faint outline of a smirk fluttered on Helian's lips at the male's disinterested tone. Oh, he'd see how hard things really were once his ugly little butt was dragged out there. Judging by his appearance, he'd probably win a few battles, but once he was placed against a larger mutt, perhaps he'd finally see the situation with the same pair of eyes as Helian and Adro had. She glanced at the wolf as he stretched out to sleep. "May the stupid fight be ever in your favor," she sighed, shaking her head before beginning to lick the bars again. I hope he realizes it soon, she thought, before it's too late for him. Although there were some wolves she couldn't stand in here, she still had a soft spot for all of them. After all, they were her own kind, and she would be nothing without them.

A growl rose in her throat as the roars increased in volume, and Helian was barely able to restrain herself from the urge to angrily thrash her body in the cage. She knew it would do no good for her, and it wouldn't bring the lost wolf back to life. She couldn't help but wonder who it was that had fallen today, and she assumed it was the small wolf that had been dragged out a few moments ago. He didn't really seem like the best fighter, she thought with a twinge of regret. I still hope he's okay.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:51:03 pm by CoffeeAddict »

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 05:33:50 pm »
Creon let out a huff and returned to his unusually peaceful slumber, quickly drifting into unconsciousness. Meanwhile, the same double doors flung open, sending the same bright light beams into the dark room. The mindless chattering from inside the light-filled arena faded as the double doors swung closed again. A few men began pacing through the rows and rows of cages, eyeing each individual as they passed. Once again, they were looking to select the next to contenders for their demented fight match.
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 06:18:22 pm »
Adro let out another snarl as the doors suddenly burst open, and a tall man strolled in, scanning the room as if it was searching for its prey. When the man came closer to her, a growl rumbled in her throat as the man placed a finger on her cage. Without thinking, Adro darted forward, snapping her jaws where the man's hand was, feeling the tender skin as she tasted a hint of blood. The human let out a yelp as it jerked back, clutching its finger. Satisfied, Adro licked her maw. She had only given the man a small cut on the finger, and that had sent the human squealing off. A smirk came on her face as the man began to wrap something around it, and soon the blood disappeared. The other men seemed not to have noticed or cared and were busy inspecting the wolves. How long will this occur? she wondered, bristling as the same man cautiously screeched the cage off of the platform. Growling, she began to pace after the man, snapping whenever he dared to approach. As she was carried into the door, her ears flattened as she felt the warm presence of the beasts. Murmuring filled her ears, although she couldn't make out what they were saying. Shaking out her pelt, she averted her gaze around her, her eyes locked onto the middle of the platform, knowing that the area there would be the place where she would be forced to battle. Neck fur bristling, she awaited for her opponent, feeling a little nervous as she swallowed back her fear.