Author Topic: Back in my Day  (Read 4009 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Re: Back in my Day
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 02:42:58 am »
12. More people ask what the "plot of a RP" is when RPing one on one rather developing their characters on their own, like as if they HAVE to have a script to follow....Whatever happened to open free-form RP? Seems to have died down, like, a lot.
I would think that open free-form in earlier days was common. Guess I was wrong. -frowns- That kind of role-play encourages people to interact with their environment instead of simply being "directed" in a sense with their character and actions.

You may ask be asking how I remember the day I joined so well... Turns out, that day happened to be my birthday, December 16. /)^u^(\
You joined on your birthday? I joined a day after my birthday! Cool, huh? Late birthday present I suppose, lol.   
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 03:41:13 pm »
More stories please!
Like, What was the most FAMOUS and POPULAR Rps and Public(No downloads needed) Maps?
(Also, I joined a couple months before =^.^= One of the BESt Days of my LIFE! :D
[/color]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:42:45 pm by Brenda Lee »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 10:52:49 pm »
Ah, yes, back in the day...

'Twas back when the game had just been updated to version 1.13 (the current version). I started with FH+, and you'll be surprised to hear that although the starting map had just been changed to Lonely Cave, I was able to get past it by obtaining the Lonely Cave FHM, ripped directly from the normal game. FH+ was sparsely populated for obvious reasons, but I was able to meet a few regulars and learn how to roleplay.

When I found Bonfire Island, I witnessed the tiger rape party, which was going on because it was tiger mating season. I quickly screenshotted all of them and reported them to Red. Shortly afterward, the great week-long downtime began. While waiting for it to pass, I played Impressive World, which is where all the players rushed to during downtime. Minutes before it finally came to an end, I finally installed the normal FH and became one of the first people online after the downtime.

I soon began roleplaying with larger groups. I was a literate roleplayer, as most were back in those days. I joined several small short-term roleplays, including a winged wolf group, a semi-realistic Warrior Cats clan, and several others based in Fluorite Plains.

Now, back then, unrealistic characters were far more respected. I had a dark blue wolf named Annoski, and I joined an amazing mapped roleplay called "Final Summons". Despite my odd coloration, I was respected as much as all the other members, though I was somewhat inactive because of computer troubles. The roleplay died off slowly, but I continued to roleplay with those who were left, even making an in-character speech which even I was impressed by. But like all roleplays, Final Summons died off, and I left.

Between then and me joining my next long-term roleplay, the game itself began to deteriorate as Kovu left and illiterates began to spring up everywhere. By the time I got into another long-term roleplay (which I stayed in for over a year), things were far from how they were back in the day. I will miss those days. I only wish I could go back...

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 06:34:31 am »
Wow... My first day on FeralHeart, I made my OC, Danger. A white dire wolf with facial scars. I spawned in Bonfire island and everything was a mixture of purple and black. (I had a terrible laptop at the time xD). The lag was terrible and it'd take me five minutes to crawl over to ficho tunnel. The tunnel was the only place where everything looked... Well... Normal. I'd lounge about here and there, more so near the lake by the N. After a couple of weeks, I decided to jump into a roleplay. Now, I'd already been RPing for four years prior to FeralHeart so I was quickly accepted into literate groups. There was no such thing as: Lonely cave, South Pole, Ascention Island, Sky's Rim, Atlantis, Last Cave etc. ~ It was just the default: Bonfire Island, Ficho Tunnel, Fluorite Plains, Cape of Distant Worlds, and Temple of Dreams. For a while, most time was spent in Fluorite, but I eventually moved onto the Temple where I'd just hang out with friends. It was the usual hotspot for derping around and divebombing into the water. We didn't have wings or the giant items and markings packs we have today, we had to make do with what we had, and we loved every moment of it. We didn't have as many users with 'bad' attitudes. Everyone was genuinely friendly and ./wanted/. to be there to make friends and have a good time.

Them days... I miss them. ;-;

~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 05:51:27 pm »
@Hohki: o.O?  The Tigers had a MATING season, are they FREAKING FLOOFY NUTS!?!? Weird....
Also, How many mapped Rps were there?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 06:28:45 pm »
@Hohki: o.O?  The Tigers had a MATING season, are they FREAKING FLOOFY NUTS!?!? Weird....
Also, How many mapped Rps were there?
It was tiger mating season in real life. Back then, real-life mating seasons were abused.

As for mapped RPs, it was hard to find anything that wasn't mapped back then because long-term roleplays couldn't be maintained in Fluorite due to bad tokens lol.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 10:12:45 pm »
-Rocks back and forth slowly as rocking chair creeks awkwardly-

Ah, I remember when I first joined. The last of the updates already had been sent out, so little old rainbow me spawned into lonely cave. I looked around, pretty confused about where the heck I was. As is by fate, I took my first step...Then I spazzed and flailed ALL OVER lonely cave. After I finally fixed all my controls to my liking, I journeyed into a black whole in the wall with crystals next to it. The loading screen gave me a heart attack then I realized it was the loading screen. Finally I spawned into a weird white place and I uncontrollably but steadily flailed over the entrance of there. I then somehow got back into lonely cave and I ran through a bright yellow portal. I then went into a place of sand and people yelling things in another language of what I have no idea. I sprinted to the top, curious of what it led to. I reached the top and fell of that dang lion king rock about a billion times before sitting down on the edge of it. I sat there, listening to the local conversation. Suddenly, I heard a small group of people talking that made me laugh. Suspicious little me swivled my head to look at them. A group of skittles(Yes, skittles) were derping. I quickly went offline and made a skittle character myself. Right when the group saw me, I was invited to the group. They all were actually really super literate and were all really old members. They really thought it was cool I was new, and they spent everyday for like three weeks teaching me everything I needed to know. One time we were all running and I actually got lost in South Pole. They all stopped and came searching for me like a little search party. Now, a year and a half later, I'm so glad I joined and I'm simply in love with the game and all the derps in it. :3
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:15:21 pm by Vask »

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 06:14:26 pm »
Vask... That story... You're lucky xD ~ I had no friends at all for the first four months of me being on FeralHeart. In the end, I dubbed my account depressive, head off to create my, now current account, Nymphadora. Within a week I must have had 50+ friends, all literate, all active and I was just amazed at how much happier I was being known as Nymphadora. Sure I was dubbed Nym IRL, but it never occured to me that I could be my alternate, on a game too. Seems Nymphadora is my cheery side while my depressive side is Tetrah. Once I log in as Tetrah, I immediately feel a wave of depression, it's like the account itself wants to drag me into darkness... It's odd xD So now I log into Tetrah to get away from drama since no one knows her c: ~ They do now but... -Facepalm- The point is, I don't accept friend requests on Tetrah xD

When SouthPole was introduced, I wasn't the biggest fan of it, though everyone migrated there once Fluorite had a down time. I can't remember quite how long it was, but everyone seemed to manage fine. It was like SP was the new FP. ~ As for Lonely Cave, I had no idea that no one else could see you while you were there. When I figured that out after a moment's contemplation, I facedesked. Why else would it be called 'Lonely Cave'? My mind, it need help... And soon o.e -Twitch-

~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 08:43:30 pm »
"Aaahh, yes, I may not be as old as some other members here, but I sure did join some few years back!" Said the old, yet not grey haired, lady in the rocking chair.
  "I spent my first day not even online! I adored the character creation so much. In the end, my love of huskys drew out and my first character was created: Zanu the husky pup."
"At the time I had no clue what roleplaying was, infact, I was quite new to the whole concept of a multiplayer world, since my mother was highly overprotective, and still is. Lucky, I had found the game while I was at my dads in Ireland. I had managed to find myself a husky mum and dad, god knows how, and they taught me how to roleplay. And I loved it! The roleplays back then were exciting and very dramatic. Wolf packs could have demons, vampires, gods, angels, basically anything. They didn't care how literate you were, and they were always the best rps."
  The old lady sighs as she remembers back to the past.
  "I soon found myself addicted to the game, and when the rp got very exiting, which it always did, I would stay up all night! I ended up making friends that were from different sides of the world, so I haven't seen them in quite some time."
  "I began to explore in the ways of rp, and became more literate, and started to make more characters for when my pack wasn't on, which was rare for such a large pack. I started joining other groups, who taught me how to be literate, though I would be able to switch between my old side to my new side easily when going from group to group. My favourite map became flourite plains, though It was hard to get to, once I had the characters in it, and had moved them out of lags way, I could get in easily. You could say Fluorite Plains became my literate world, while South Pole became my illiterate world. My characters too, began to not only look realistic, but have better, longer, and more detailed bios."
  The old lady chuckles. "Enough about my past, you are here to hear about what the game was like in my opinion! I think people were much more creative and exciting. Back then, people weren't treated harshly if their story included loosing their entire pack, and them being the only survivor. Anyone was accepted. I find things seemed to feel....different....Though I can't explain the cause of this. When getting online there was a different feel to what I have now. Things have changed allot, I can tell you that much! The community as a whole felt allot nicer, and upon finding the forums, I felt even more involved in things. Nowadays, people seemed to be judged allot, something that was rarely seen back then." The old lady smiles before saying. "And that's it, unless you want to know more?"