Author Topic: The Land of Arish - Tangle's new mappack project  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Devious-Devilee

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of Arish - Tangle's new mappack project
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 11:09:47 pm »
Beautiful! I love the foggy look in the first one.

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 02:51:19 pm »
I can definitely tell you put a lot of strenuous work into this map, and it really payed off from the screens I saw, once again great job.
Lol, that sounds like something my literature teacher would say. 
I do like putting the time and effort into it. And when it comes out like this its like getting an award knowing you did pretty damn good on it. ;3

Beautiful! I love the foggy look in the first one.
Believe it or not, there isn't any fog in it. I'm trying to be sparing with particles because I know too many lag, but to create that look I just made the sky look more gray than anything.

Also, little update. Started on another map. Rakar:
This is the terrain for it, all masked and done.

And this is what I have so far. This part right here is where they hold a yearly festival. It ties in with an old idea I had for the original map. All the colonies/groups come together here to celebrate the day Arish was formed.

BTW!
I occasionally livestream when I work. So if you are interested, just give a shout and I'll put up a link. I'm thinking about livestreaming later today. Prolly 1 pm EST.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 05:08:33 pm »
Update!

Rakar has been finished and pictures have been added. Also, another map was added to the list. So that makes 13 in total. More may be added.

Also, I have decided to come up with a roleplay for the map. When I finish the mappack I'll post up the group information. Right now the main priority is getting them done.

On to the next map!

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline dragonwolf 41

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • i am just a cute lttle red night fury n pet kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 05:23:00 pm »
hey that almost looks like a dragons den sreve but BETTER
try me i dare you...

Offline dragonwolf 41

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 05:24:10 pm »
pleases make this a namel mapp like for a portel i still can downlode any thing it takes me to a bunch of detours
try me i dare you...

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 05:38:49 pm »
hey that almost looks like a dragons den sreve but BETTER
pleases make this a namel mapp like for a portel i still can downlode any thing it takes me to a bunch of detours

1. Please don't double post.

2. I have no idea what you mean by the second post. It's not finished yet. There is nothing to download. I have no clue what you are clicking.

I also never played Dragons Den so...

Offline dragonwolf 41

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 10:18:41 pm »
ok i mean put it in a portel in the game for evey one who is new [ meaning me siletly] and who dont know who to downlode so much stuff for this game and dragons den is a pretty good game sadly i got bannd for ???????? so ya  also i do know this is not fish its just a request
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:20:23 pm by Chanel »
try me i dare you...

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 10:54:56 pm »
ok i mean put it in a portel in the game for evey one who is new [ meaning me siletly] and who dont know who to downlode so much stuff for this game and dragons den is a pretty good game sadly i got bannd for ???????? so ya  also i do know this is not fish its just a request

This mappack is no where near done. I have to finish it before giving it out to download. And I can't just put a portal in the game, I don't have the files to do that. You'll  have to learn how to download it because it's not that hard.

But it's not done yet to even be put up for people to download. I need to finish it.

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 11:28:12 pm »
I can help with the maps if you want me to cause I am experienced at maps.

Things I Can Do: Add Different Music. Download Meshes. Find Cool Meshes. Make Terrain Masks. Make Height Maps. Move Cape Of Distant Worlds Portal.

Things I Can't Do: Make A Mesh(Will be to soon).
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 11:56:08 pm »
I can help with the maps if you want me to cause I am experienced at maps.

Things I Can Do: Add Different Music. Download Meshes. Find Cool Meshes. Make Terrain Masks. Make Height Maps. Move Cape Of Distant Worlds Portal.

Things I Can't Do: Make A Mesh(Will be to soon).

That's really sweet of you hunny but I got it covered. I prefer to make the maps myself. But, if it's possible, I need help for a specific map. I need meshes. Like the ones found in CrystalSong from World of Warcraft. (I'd prefer if I can find someone who can just convert them over. As well as figure out how to get a texture of the ground. I have something in mind for a specific map)

This is what I'm talking about