Author Topic: S E C T O R 2 4 [HUMAN] [LIT] [OPEN]  (Read 10441 times)

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
Re: S E C T O R 2 4 [HUMAN] [LIT] [OPEN]
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 02:14:07 am »

The patient nodded her head in a weary fashion towards the shorter girl, presumably  the one that had released her from her imprisonment for the time being. As the man went to peek his head and observe her items, she as well heard his cacophonous laughter as she raised an eyebrow and glanced at what a peculiar being she was confronted with. This is possibly the "phaser boy" that had taken and gone through items left and right. Kaiden was his name, wasn't it? She wasn't particularly well with remember names and faces..well, more of faces but it still wasn't her "strongest" point. As her eyes narrowed, observing his quirks, she had turned her head away as he asked her a question. Giving a subtle smile, her nose wrinkled as she was made to think. Speak honestly and bluff it? Her mouth lowered, her hand scratching the back of her head, as she simply shrugged. "Was paying my time after playing out a guard. They don't have a good sense of a poker hand or face," she chuckled a bit as she remembered the  guard at nearly dropping his jaw and pride at the fact he had lost to a girl. Seems like there was gender implications of men being better at that. Oh well, all that matter was that said person had a brain and hands to play the chips and cards.

"Oh, what are you up to then?" She had asked, leaving an awkward pause after her answer. Janine rubbed the back of her neck again as she eyed at the man.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2013, 08:46:12 am »

Swiftly heaving herself up, Kai took charge and pranced her way to the door that connected the patient cell's from the main hallway. "I can either bust us out, or we'll sit here playing "spin the bottle"." Turning towards her fellows, she took a strand of her hair and started to coil it around her finger in a bored manner. "You can choose." Murmuring, Kai crossed her arms and leaned back against the door with a bleak expression painted on her face. She was obviously thinking.

Offline W00gi

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Look me dead in the eye and tell me lies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 09:02:27 am »
Life is just a loop, untill you get too tiered to continue

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 11:21:56 pm »
At the words, Kaden looked away from Janine, staring at the other three with confusion "Breaking out sounds all dandy but can we actually pull it off?" It wasn't that he doubted them, seeing as Kai was pretty much a terror in itself. But it was the Sector. It wasn't like a walk in the park all the way out. By now they had to be exhausted from using their powers.

"Shouldn't we wait a bit, I mean all things considered," He left Janine for a second, making his way over to Kai. "You're look ready to pass out," Crouching down, he placed a hand on her forehead momentarily, checking to see if she hadn't completely strained herself before moving back to Janine. 

He gave a sheepish laugh, scratching his head. To be honest he had no clue what they were doing, well at least now he did. Breaking out was a wonderful idea, he'd love for it, but not in this condition. "We're a ticking time bomb waiting for a sentence," Kaden joked, knowing that if all things failed they were going to be royally screwed.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline ShadowClasher

• Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2013, 02:13:27 am »

The second the door burst open, Sydney was out and tumbling into a cartwheel. She had to bite her lip quite hard to not be shouting for joy, as that wouldn't be wise considering they were out and about 'illegally'. She grinned at the others who were already out. "I'll love you forever, Kai!" She bounced around the room as quietly as possible, happily stretching her limbs out from her week-long imprisoning.

Sydney started to listen to the others as she returned to where they were all more closely huddled. It was not long before the two most dreaded words, yet also the most hopeful words were said. Bust out? Is that what she really just said. Sydney was tempted to say 'HAHAHA HOW ABOUT NO?' but restrained herself quickly. The last attempt she'd made to escape had been about eight years ago, and what happened? Someone got killed and she found herself back in her cell.

Sydney gave a jerky movement and put her hands up in a T-shape. "Hold up, time-out. Bust out of the Sector? As much as I'd love to burn down this place, I'm pretty sure it'd be suicide." She glanced nervously around her and looked to the ground. It wasn't her nature to a) agree with someone or b) be nervous. But she definitely was. Sydney didn't want another death. Although she didn't exactly want to rot away in a cell for the rest of her damned life.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:16:19 am by Kirigishi »

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 02:05:27 pm »

Kai glared at Sydney for a brief moment before flicking her hand at her, grinning. "No problem, Syd." She took a brief moment on what Sydney said next. "Come on, we won't spend another year at this place, will we? I vote on we just move along and get the hell out of here." Kai frowned, steadying herself up and eyeing the other patients with narrowed eyes.

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 12:12:51 am »
Discussion that were once careless, often residing playfully at the fact that each were an oddity, soon developed to the assumption or planning of a revolt. A revolt that lead to freedom and to the world outside and it was all honestly one that had resonated in Janine's ears for quite some time. One that still rung but she had learned not to emphasize the thought into her mind and act recklessly upon it. As from such experience, the patient of luck had definitely ran out of it when it came to running or escaping from the facility but she had learned that with luck comes time.  In the most oddest of ways, it seemed that those outweighing on sides was that of logical or, the those that did call out upon the obscurity of leaving Sector 24 as surely the optimistic types assumed they would be unscathed and out of harm's way. Thankfully, no one had to play devil's advocate.

However, her trained eyes had varied carefully between Kaiden the drifter and Sydney the pyromaniac but her gaze ended on Kai for several moments, noting the enthusiasm and hope in her tone of wanting to escape. Solemnly, her head shook in disagreement at the sudden vote brought into hand as the usual quiet and unresponsive patient decided to reveal the truth of the matter. Not preferably optimistic to most people's hearts but still, Janine preferred the rather cement reality that they had faced in. To have optimistic dreams to exist, there must be planning. Or better yet, thinking. "Most of us have endured far longer than a year. It wouldn't kill us for another, but, spending a year on planning would be better. Besides, leaving now with neither resources, plans, money, and a map, can lead to a quicker death in the outside world than here."  Black eyes had finally darted onto the the originator of the escape plan, her face having turned rather sympathetic with brows furrowed as she too felt this a near decade ago. But, there was still a daunting glint in her eyes, not willing to go about on this topic.

"Kaiden and Sydney are right," she had gestured her head over to them as her back leaned against the wall and the bottom of her shoe as well pressing against it. She wasn't aware of any other tales that the others had in regards to escaping or even attempts at it but, those even without experience could've proven that jumping out of the way and hurling yourself to nothingness was worse than not being already in a stable environment.  "Besides, there are guards," one finger pointed towards the wing to the far right, "and guards." "There wouldn't be any chance of doing so now especially when you're injured." Tilting her head slightly backwards, her eyes clsoed as she went on to hear the discussion that will soon unfold.

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 12:24:50 am »
Finally! Common sense! Kaiden let out a sigh of relief, scooting closer to the Janine with a smile. "She's got a great point here." Planning would be a great idea considering how many there were here. Well, not that Kaiden was up for the idea of leaving to begin with. This was his home after all. There was no guarantee they'd have a roof over their heads IF they got out. So was there a point in risking it.

So as it was, it was three against two. Janine, Sydney, and himself definitely didn't want to leave without a plan. "As Sydney so bluntly put it, thank you sweetie, it would be suicide. I'm not gonna risk my life for it," Nor would he like anyone else to die for it. He made his way over to the pyromaniac and slung his arm up around her shoulders, shaking her to bring a bit of confidence back into her. The sudden, solemn look didn't fit her. He didn't like it.

"There's also the problem that even if we did, hypothetically get out," He lowered his voice a bit, trying to remember that there were guards around, "None of us have the sufficient amount of money to keep us going. Nor do we have a solid idea of where we'd go or if there's a roof for over our heads or even food," Traveling like bums didn't sound appealing. Planning this out would be the most logical and valid thing to do. Even if it meant sucking it up. Because alive and suffering was hell of a lot better than being dead.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline W00gi

• Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Look me dead in the eye and tell me lies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 06:31:52 am »
Life is just a loop, untill you get too tiered to continue

Offline ShadowClasher

• Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2013, 02:53:01 pm »

Sydney had been listening quietly to the other's points, glad to see that both Janine and Kaiden agreed with her. When Kaiden's arm gently shook her, she shoved all pity and emotion down into her kidneys and perked up and let out a long breath. "The other thing is, if we go right now, we'll probably run into the guards coming to pick me up for my sessions." She winced. "And they're really not too friendly. There'd be like four or five of them this time..." The pyro rubbed the back of her neck apologetically.

"Besides, even if we get past the guards, the actual doors in our way are something different altogether. By the time we actually get to the main gate, if we even get there, there's no way we can get through..." Her voice trailed off, thinking hard. "Scratch that, maybe Kaiden can if he's not too weak, but no one else could." Unaware of what she was doing as she was deep in thought, flames bloomed in the palm of her opened hand and danced around, shifting into different animals at a time.

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?