Author Topic: Best Computer?  (Read 6923 times)

Offline StarTheEmoWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Ello Lovez.
    • View Profile
Best Computer?
« on: November 01, 2013, 12:32:16 pm »
I have an old PC and I move around a lot on FH, and since I am getting a new PC.. I was wondering if someone could suggest what kind would be best for downloading maps and other things for the game without it laggin hardcore or crashing. And hopefully will be compatible with going into maps, not just downloading them.
Mer.. <'x'>

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Best Computer?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 01:12:16 pm »
Mm.. Well, there are a lot of good (and also bad) computers out there, but it's really something I suggest asking the personnel at the store you're buying your computer from. Chances are, they'll be able to direct you to the right computer.

Although, I will say that from my experience.. You don't want any Acer computer (I'm talking laptops, since that's what I have). I had one for years, and while it was perfectly functional for FH, it was difficult for me to multi-task in other windows while playing. It lagged, regardless, and so gameplay was a challenge at times. While I'm at it, I don't recommend Dell, either.

Since this summer, though, I switched to a Toshiba Satellite (the 15-inch touch-screen version), and I've been very pleased with it. It has an intel core i5 processor and 4 GB of memory (I think, it might be 6), and wasn't too terribly expensive for its longevity and performance. I've been very happy with it, and any game I play runs like a river, including FH, and even in the laggiest spot in Bonfire.

My only complaint is that it has Windows 8. Yuck. xD But, I prefer this to my old Acer.

Just ask around, and see what some others may have that might suit you. c:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:14:08 pm by WhiteLightHeart »
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 02:16:53 pm »
I have a 2012 Lenovo laptop and it runs the game perfectly without ANY lag in the public maps. It's big, though, and heavy, and is Windows 8. My sister has an Acer and I hate it. It's slow, the Harddrive goes out every six months or so, and the mouse doesn't work anymore. I also had a dell and it worked well but it's not heavy-duty in any way and after four years of use it's almost useless, when the company said it was supposed to last five+.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 05:45:24 pm »
I have a 2013 Pavilion g6 laptop with Windows 8. It handles games very well, considering along with Feral Hearts item packs, custom maps, and mass markings, there's also a couple 3d games I've downloaded... not to mention I have to use this for school -.-
But yeah don't get Acer because apparently no one likes those ._. (I don't know why though..)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:29:41 am by DevilBurgers »

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:35:00 pm »
I have a Windows 7 Acer... my mom's laptop and dad's computer are both Acer's I think. They can be a little tricky or bad, but depending on how smooth it goes and it's age I'm guessing. I like Acer's really, but I might not suggestion it all the time. Still, they're not that laggy if you know how to handle them. At least, that's these computers to me.

Not sure, maybe an Acer might be good still. Not the laptops probably, but as long as you're not stuffing an Acer computer with stuff then it should be nice. Though, there are probably other suggestions as I've seen above that work better.

((Ugh, this post is probably pointless. Sorry.))

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 08:00:44 pm »
OS X Mac, Snow Leopard is what I normally use
Used to use my old Acer, until it got sick ;-;
Not sure if most maps work on the MAC,  but some do, and so do some item packs ect.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline TheFeral10

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • You have to be smart. The easy days are over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 11:48:11 pm »

My computer? Well... It is worse than a crate of rotten tomatoes. -.-
Okay, not that much xD But I still hate my computer. >.>

It is Asus, 10+ years old. It sounds like an airplane taking off. Horrible video card. For example, when I TRY to play The Sims 3, the graphics are just... Ew. Sims' hairs blend with their clothes.
Not sure about its other basic information, have to check it out, lol. /I'm on my mother's laptop. Thanks God!/

Lag, lag, lag, lag. Want to know what does lag mean? Come play feral heart on my computer. I barely enter Fluorite Plains, not to mention about getting further in the map, Stone Bridge for example. I just CAN'T remain in Fluorite Plains and Bonfire Island.

Another thing I hate - I can't download cool and big maps with glorious meshes and etc., again due to the LAG. I'm going only with usual maps, but they are nothing special so there's no point for me to add them in my game.

Gosh, I dream for a Dell (or whatever) laptop with Windows 7 or 8 and everything needed so Feral Heart and other games run perfectly. Poor me. xD

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 02:12:20 am »
For one thing, I don't recommend a Mac because they aren't meant for gaming and your game controls will collide with the keys. (Lighting adjusting, adjusting the volume via keyboard, etc.)

I have a 2013 HP laptop (got it right along with the new year xD), um, very fast. I can handle any spot in any default or custom map with no lag at all. And I have water reflection on. I have the full set of August 22 markings, realistic feline and canine masks/textures, a game texture mod, most default mods retextured, a few presets, several maps and more. I apologize if I'm bragging. xD But... yeah! I think my laptop's good, not to mention I can bring the fun anywhere I go. ;3 (However I prefer not to.)

As said before, however, I think you should ask someone selling computers and consider their choice.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline miikarenn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • yoooooo
    • View Profile
    • the tumblr
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 05:52:05 am »
I have an Asus, it's about a year old and it works great!  it runs windows 7.  I don't have a whole lot of mods and whatnot but FH runs really well on it.

Mine's not designed for gameplay so it heats up if I play games for a couple of hours but other than that I can't complain.

Offline StarTheEmoWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Ello Lovez.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 01:00:08 pm »
Thank you for all the suggestions. I will be very thankful for the help. The funny thing is though, that I have only two computers; A Acer laptop and a Dell desktop so I kinda had the worst kind. X3 Thank you all again.
Mer.. <'x'>