Author Topic: 6 Color mask  (Read 1505 times)

Offline SpiritWolf1471

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
6 Color mask
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:16:10 am »
I've been trying to make a 6 color mask for this mapped group i've got and i think i know how to make one but it keeps stuffing up.. I made one mask with the RGB (Red, Green, Blue) and then add black to palces, next a do a new one adn color in the places that were RGB in black and the black in my new colors (I doing this all in GIMP i cna only use GIMP x.x) That works fine and it loads into the game fine, but when i add the colors RGB Work fine, but the other one i made dose not the first colors works and then the other two color over all 3 of them... Could some one help me out with this? soon Please  :) (Sorry for any spelling errors i may have)
l:l The Spirit of the Wolf hides inside you, Just look in side you and the Spirit Wolf will be there, To Light your path l:l

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
Re: 6 Color mask
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:52:13 pm »
Ive tried atempting this before, but it was only 4 colors. and i used R,G,B for first 3, then Yellow as the 4th, this didn't make my computer crash, but i cannot be sure for anyone elses. I'm not even sure if that was sposed to be humanly possible..its was kinda weird and flustrateing and yeah..
Thats the best i can think of..good luck.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 02:16:35 pm »
You are not supposed to use black, you are supposed to use the eraser tool to make transparency, and then the other map should use RBG as well, in the transparent areas.
The two maps should fit together like puzzle pieces.

and

would make

in map maker, allowing 6 textures.

So you need two separate images, with transparency, not black.
It just looks black on the FH site because that's what the color of the site underneath the image is.
Does this help at all?

Offline SpiritWolf1471

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 03:01:34 am »
Thanks, It did help me ALOT, THANK YOU!! ^^
l:l The Spirit of the Wolf hides inside you, Just look in side you and the Spirit Wolf will be there, To Light your path l:l