Poll

Which type of character do you like best?

Neon feline
2 (2.3%)
Realistic feline
23 (26.1%)
Neon wolf
1 (1.1%)
Realistic wolf
32 (36.4%)
Emo/demonic feline
4 (4.5%)
Emo/demonic wolf
8 (9.1%)
Wth I don't even know what I am!
18 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Realistic or Neon?  (Read 6715 times)

Offline _nightingale_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • I'm back?
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic or Neon?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 10:52:16 pm »
To me, I guess it just depends. From semi-realistic to unrealistic to realistic, really, I'd even make a Godly blobfish look kinda realistic. (True story, I already did. xD) But, still, it really depends on what kind of character I'm making here. Though, creativity is always the key for me! Neon? I'm pretty sure I don't make neon characters though, just to be a little more... on the creative side in colors, too. At least in my opinion. Though, I might have a few neon-ish characters...

I agree with Hugrf, thats how I am with my characters. I believe that if you really want to be taken seriously with your characters you have to make them believable, a neon color here or there is fine as long as it has a reason of being there in like backstory or something. THOUGH I TOTALLY THINK THAT NEON CHARACTERS LOOK COOL AND STUFF, I AM NOT DISCRIMINATING ANYONE BECAUSE I USED TO DO IT TOO. I just want my characters to be believable and make sense and so I tend to avoid too much fantasy or neon features. Unless a good and sensible backstory is added, I prefer semi-realism and realistic characters. EXAMPLE : ( If I wanted to have a unicorn I just wouldn't make it bright pink, unicorn is fine though as a species, fantasy species does not apply to my realistic/semi-realism idea )

My art page : gerce.deviantart.com

Offline DeadlyWolfQueen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I am but a piece of a much larger puzzle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 04:24:52 am »
I enjoy having a semi-realistic. Few can really pull off the realisticness of an animal; exact markings, true eyes, real personality. Its very hard. So, I perfer to be known as semi-realistic in looks, but non-realistic to realistic in acual roleplay. It depends greatly of what it is. If I am on Paran (A Serpent) then I am going to be rather unrealistic, but literate and without any powerplay.
but if I am on Faolan(yes I realize her name isn't too original) I am completely realistic in her being weak, due to being a loner, and colored her to be that of a Timber Wolf and I respond only using the body language.

Then my child I, Desdaemona. Then I relish in the semi-realistic-ness.

Offline Nights_Shadow

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 02:31:59 am »
Realistic anything. I'll create characters of all kinds of species, and even my own made-up species. In most cases, I prefer to work with natural colors. I may occasionally work with dulled-down unnatural colors, or even add neon accents, but it's pretty rare.
"Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works."
-Carl Sagan

Offline anole04

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Ingame: anole04
    • View Profile
    • WolfOne on Scratch
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 04:15:32 pm »
Yay realistic wolves won!! If you need a pack contact anole04 by forum or ingame or send a request to ~SpiritPack~ (Realistic)    ! I also like to add dulled accents everyonce in a while. The Alpha, Rue, Nasa verydulled slightly palish kinda darkish (lol) green over her eyes and on her tail tip so its not unrealistic
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:23:11 pm by WolvenSpirit »
"Am I a saint, or am I a sinner? I am neither. I am both. I am Wolf." ~Me!
[img=FeralHeart-Wolf-Paint1]

Offline WhiteHawk

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Formerly known as River-White-Wolf.
    • View Profile
    • the tumblo
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 11:15:52 am »
Unrealistic to Realistic, usually somewhere inbetween. Efreya, Quill and Warrah are all imaginary creatures that are supposed to seem real (Nighthounds, Drakenwolves and Viperwolves, all of which are giant possums). Kai is the most realistic of my characters, with some necessary speculation because she's an extinct animal. Aurora is my most unrealistic, being a magical purple glowy wolf.
Known as 20firebird ingame. I have a number of characters, so please check the username.

Offline eclips3star

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • After every night there comes a dawn.
    • View Profile
    • My dA~
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 04:11:09 pm »
I really don't mind unrealistic characters, as long as they have a backstory/belong to a species where that coloration makes sense ^^ Like maybe a character was in a lab/futuristic RP and because of the chemicals in them, maybe they have lime green eyes or something like that. As I said, it doesn't matter as long as there's a good story behind the unrealisticness.

Night may last eternally, but after eternity the sun may still rise.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »
I usually tend to go for un-realistic, mainly because you can customize your character(s) the way you want to suit their personalities and appearance. Though realistic characters seem to be more "clean" with appearance it is still fun to dabble with your imagination when creating it.

I personally think it matters depending on what the creature/animal is when it comes to realism. If it was a lion, then I'd choose a cream/sandy gold colour. However, if it was a fox, then I would look up different breeds of fox and intentionally try to make the fox look like the fox on an image with default markings or using preset skills.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Roniver

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 06:36:06 pm »
I like making my chars look realistic, kinda hard to do that when one of your man chars is a robot.. And if you count an alien as realistic..

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 07:21:24 pm »
I usually tend to go for un-realistic, mainly because you can customize your character(s) the way you want to suit their personalities and appearance. Though realistic characters seem to be more "clean" with appearance it is still fun to dabble with your imagination when creating it.
Cheers to this! <3

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »
I like characters with earthy moody colours. I guess it doesn't really matter though, if it looks good it looks good. Doe I do like them characters with "eye shadow" and those huskies with the "scarves".