Author Topic: What do I say to that?  (Read 3761 times)

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
Re: What do I say to that?
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 08:43:49 pm »
Same thing happens to me on the forum and in-game all the time. I dislike in-game when I'm having a fun conversation with someone then they start asking things like, "Can I add you on Facebook/Skype?" ...No thanks, I don't ask for personal information so I'm obviously not going to give mine out. Most people understand, if not, then those aren't the ones I should be chatting with. I came here to pass time and goof off. Sometimes It's hard not to give in when you've known them for awhile and start to trust them.

Now, on the forum.
Usually the reason why I resign my comments is either, someone else already proved my point, or I feel like someone might respond badly. If only I would have gotten there first...

@Vacio; I have that problem all the time too, and then the ones who purposely put their characters into situations where their lives are in danger. Dumb things like drowning just to get yours' to recuse theirs. Forced character development much? Aggh. I just sit there and do something dumb like eating vegetation.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:49:54 pm by FieldsForever »

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 08:57:02 pm »
So I'm not the only one? Yay! C:

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 09:20:26 pm »
All the time. 8I

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 11:30:26 pm »
Oh, I'm all too familiar with this. Being a newbie here on the forums, I'm still in that "want to post, but don't want to seem weird, obnoxious, etc..." phase. Then, of course, there's always that person who starts casually chit-chatting with you and suddenly spills out all their problems to you. You don't know if they really need your comfort or they're just being attention hogs. Yup. Happens to me all the time.
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 03:18:02 pm »
Oh, I'm all too familiar with this. Being a newbie here on the forums, I'm still in that "want to post, but don't want to seem weird, obnoxious, etc..." phase. Then, of course, there's always that person who starts casually chit-chatting with you and suddenly spills out all their problems to you. You don't know if they really need your comfort or they're just being attention hogs. Yup. Happens to me all the time.

It'll pass. :)

Good to know that I wasn't the only one who had that problem.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Dire Night Wolf

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 11:16:20 pm »
Same thing happens to me on the forum and in-game all the time. I dislike in-game when I'm having a fun conversation with someone then they start asking things like, "Can I add you on Facebook/Skype?" ...No thanks, I don't ask for personal information so I'm obviously not going to give mine out. Most people understand, if not, then those aren't the ones I should be chatting with. I came here to pass time and goof off. Sometimes It's hard not to give in when you've known them for awhile and start to trust them.

Now, on the forum.
Usually the reason why I resign my comments is either, someone else already proved my point, or I feel like someone might respond badly. If only I would have gotten there first...  

I think these two hit the nail spot on, this is exactly what happens to me. I try to be a reasonable and helpful member on the forums, but at times I sit there all like: "What do I say to that...?" Or if it's a topic in which I have no expertise.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 02:02:48 am »
Happens to me too every now and then. If I can't find the words to type when responding to a topic, I think to myself, "Eh... I'll probably answer it later" and move on to another topic.
Inactive

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 06:23:18 pm »
So I'm not the only one? Yay! C:
High paw, lol! I'm pleased to know I'm not the only one who has had this problem, too.  

Oh, yes. I feel that way many time in RPs. I took a break from FeralHeart RP for about 3 months, and now that I sort of lost my RP skills I have to look up a few words just to refresh my memory on what that certain word means. :P
It's such a sad thing when you go blank when you're role-playing, it makes you feel uninspired or lazy in the mind. Especially, when you really feel like, "No responsiblities for me! I'm going to rp all day, today!" Then, several minutes later, you don't know what to post for your entry. Much sadness...!

Happens to me too every now and then. If I can't find the words to type when responding to a topic, I think to myself, "Eh... I'll probably answer it later" and move on to another topic.
It gets like that at times where I think, "oh, it'll still be there, I'll answer later." Then, when I come back, I've completely forgotten either what the topic was or what I was going to say. Rage!    
Image © Mikita Kavalenka