Author Topic: What do I say to that?  (Read 3715 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
What do I say to that?
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »

Ever had that one statement or topic you've found yourself asking, "Gee, what do I say to that?" or "Do I say anything at all?" On the forum, you can sometimes have that topic where you want to be involved in the conversation, but don't exactly know what to say. Or you're in-game, you're talking to someone and they suddenly bring up some news you don't how to react to.

Sometimes, I'll go around on the forum and often times, I'll find myself in a position where I want to say something, but do not know how to put it. Vise versa, I wouldn't want to repeat something being said by someone else to make it seem like I'm just talking with the crowd or being a parrot. Added, there are times I'm in the game and chatting with various people and they change the subject to something personal or regarding sensitivity.

Anybody else feel like that sometimes or had an experience with it?    
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

lindaminda

Re: What do I say to that?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:51:17 pm »
Yeah, that actually happens a lot to me haha
every day..:I
Sometimes I really want to be active on forum but Idk what to say or how to explain something..

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:53:39 pm »
Dude, that happens ALL the time to me. And I'm like "Oh gee, why can't I ever respond to anything?!" Seriously. I hate it. Though, I'm glad I'm not the only one here who can't think of a response very quickly! Or at all.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 06:55:59 pm »
I do sometimes find myself typing away before erasing it or just stare at the other replies and comments while keeping quiet. It's usually when someone, like you said, changes the subject to a more private matter. Other times, I find myself thinking that what I would reply with wouldn't make any sense/be offensive in some way. So yea, happens to me a lot.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 05:31:58 am »
Happens to me a lot also. (Actually... right now.)
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 06:32:58 am »
Yeah..That happens to me alot of times, When I was like want to post on the forums many times but I dont know how to say to other topics, XD

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline AeropostaleWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 11:34:54 pm »
Oh, yes. I feel that way many time in RPs. I took a break from FeralHeart RP for about 3 months, and now that I sort of lost my RP skills I have to look up a few words just to refresh my memory on what that certain word means. :P A few times on the forums as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:54:10 am by Aero-?-???? »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »
Every time I go to the forums.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline ProudSpirt

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Howling 'Till Sunrise :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 04:18:36 pm »
Same!! I just stare what they say,then at my reply. . .then i just say :3 or something , and in intense situations i just go like , "Am sorry my keyword ia nat wearing prolary" (In human language it means,"Am sorry my keyboard is not working proparly") Sometimes i every pretend my signal is weak and go offline x3 :P ::)
Warning:If you find this person please deliver her to the hospital as she suffers random-ous , thank you

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 02:42:12 pm »
I have this issue quite often in role plays (in-game) where one of the other players is sitting a distance away from everyone else making posts such as: posts about how sad they are, or how they sit there thinking to themselves, doing nothing at all that could attract the attention of any of the other characters.
Whom, of which this players character is usually not acquaintanced with any of the other characters, whom are likely already having a conversation of sorts.

And just sad things in general give me a hard time. I've never known what to say, let alone where to start, to be of any comfort. Unless, perhaps I witnessed just what the other is sad about.