Author Topic: Oculus Rift: Feral Heart  (Read 6719 times)

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
Re: Oculus Rift: Feral Heart
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 05:08:11 pm »
I wouldn't honestly.  Just because the last time a system like this came out, even if it was real long ago it still gave me headaches. It may be cool once in a while but theres a reason why feralheart doesnt work with this.

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »
It would be amazing. But weird at the same time. ;-;

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »
From what i found out the Oculus Rift was sold to facebook so the future for this device is still uncertain for me and other gamers as well.
As for incorporating Feral Heart with the game, it would be very difficult since the controllers are like joy sticks from what i have seen. In order for Feral Heart to work properly it needs a keyboard to actually work.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 01:06:48 am »
From what i found out the Oculus Rift was sold to facebook so the future for this device is still uncertain for me and other gamers as well.
As for incorporating Feral Heart with the game, it would be very difficult since the controllers are like joy sticks from what i have seen. In order for Feral Heart to work properly it needs a keyboard to actually work.

Not really, if the controls were re-programmed to accommodate the controller then it wouldn't need a keyboard. Just practically edit the game controls to meet those of the controllers.

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 02:14:05 am »

Just practically edit the game controls to meet those of the controllers.
See the thing is the game cant be altered, or changed. So current progression on putting this game onto another device is low. At the moment the game itself is the highest platform (PC and Mac) it can be right now. So really you can't alter the game for anything else without the coding that Kovu has withheld from staff.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 06:55:50 pm »

Just practically edit the game controls to meet those of the controllers.
See the thing is the game cant be altered, or changed. So current progression on putting this game onto another device is low. At the moment the game itself is the highest platform (PC and Mac) it can be right now. So really you can't alter the game for anything else without the coding that Kovu has withheld from staff.

You wouldn't exactly need the source code as the controls file is a .cfg, you can open it in notepad, and with the proper programming experience you could transfer controls. I have done it to multiple games, it's not really that hard, and I don't mean to be rude if I sound it, but yes, it is possible without the source, you would just need to place that file up for download and ask users to replace the original "controls.cfg" file.

But as for a mobile version, yes, you can't change it without the source.

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves