Poll

Does this ever happen to you?

WAY too often
Yes
Rarely
Never

Author Topic: Exclusion  (Read 2528 times)

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Exclusion
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:25 am »
If you acknowledge me as part of the roleplay I expect to be included in it.

I have been wanting to create this rant for a while. I have been having an issue in-game where people will acknowledge that I am a part of their roleplay, but they will entirely ignore any of my posts, and at times I feel like I'm being actively avoided. This makes character introductions which rely at all on other characters nearly impossible. I'll take my most recent problem as an example. I have a rogue lion character who is joining a pride in the roleplay, but I cannot advance his plotline due to the fact that whenever I try, the character needed  finds some reason to log off. This isn't the worst of it though... People will seemingly attempt to avoid me by making it so I can't enter into the roleplay, but once I did they instantly began to screw around in OOC chat until they had to go. I hope you can see my frustration here, and I'm hoping to get advice on what to do about this.

Shoutout! Thank you to Brookcresent (Don't know your forum name) for not doing this to me, and including the... I guess I'll call them 'underdogs' of roleplay, like myself.

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusion
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:55:05 pm »
I completely understand....I try to join a RP but they seem to ignore me..

So I try to force down a RP with someone then they start screwing around in Group Chat and ignore

my posts. This is VERY irritating.....FH was made for friends and roleplay, but it seems as if some other

players have different ideas.
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline Luna.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Fabulous B00ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 01:47:46 pm »
Wow, I'm sorry to hear this nubeees. :c and I understand, I think we all have been in that situation atleast a  couple of times.. And it's completely fine that you are mad understandable perhaps but if they are still continuing to do this to you, I would have a discussion with them. Of course not a blaring cussing discussion. I would just say and a kind way and point things out to the fellow leader of the group and say to him " Hey I've noticed in the roleplay that the members are completely ignoring my posts etc. I just want to inform you on that, I am really irritated and I just think that's completely rude, y'know? I would let them know, otherwise this group will not grow.. And the members will fade away and leave by the previous actions they displayed." I would just say that right off the bat.  :D And aswell as your issue I hope it will be resolved. ~

.:.Rava.:.

Find me in game as Rava!
Username: luna.
Gift Art Created By: ~Shallow~
DA: Ravalava
Usually flopping about around Flourite Plains and Bonfire.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 02:04:06 pm »
Oh yeah.... I've been there my friend.

It's a big reason why I don't roleplay anymore. As much as I hate to say it most people hosting in game roleplays but even some of the site ones are terrible at hosting rp. These people often fail to acknowledge the lines that certain users are posting and either get to caught up in their own solo rping or with a particular group or individuals in the rp. I actually think it has a lot to do with maturity level... A good rp leader would be able to balance out every individual's part in a rp plot without leaving anyone or their lines out. Some people are also just horrible at rping with multiple users. When you have a large group there needs to be a patience and understanding that everyone plays a part in the story and thus every line counts and or should be made to count. If people can't handle so many people in rps they should rp in smaller groups or by themself. I dislike when rp's are flat and get stuck on a particular plot and then some individuals start to ignore posts of our users in the rp. Same thing happens on site roleplays... You can spend time writing an entire paragraph or two relating to the situation at hand and people will just go on babbling not even paying your post any mind cause their to lost in their own words. It's very unfair when people aren't considerate and attentive to everyone's posts in a rp.

I say if you're in a rp like that just leave and don't waste your time.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 02:27:15 pm »
Ah yes, This happens to me way too often for me.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 10:47:18 am »
OHYES!

When you join a RP, most people go 'Welcome' and all that jazz. You don't really talk OOC because they all seem to be close-knit friends, so you sorta chill there politely and wait for the RP, because that's what you're there for.

So, off you all trot to a RP spot, sit down and stuff and then:

You post, all like: FINALLY! I CAN SPEAK AND BE NOTICED IF ONLY IN RP!

And they blank you. I mean, they aren't actively rude, but everyone know everyone so you just sit there on the outside, sad and alone. There's no bullying or anything, just...

Indifference.

Which can sometimes be worse, don't you think?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 01:47:37 pm »
OHYES!

When you join a RP, most people go 'Welcome' and all that jazz. You don't really talk OOC because they all seem to be close-knit friends, so you sorta chill there politely and wait for the RP, because that's what you're there for.

I seriously don't get why people do that too. Like why start a rp if you're just going to sit there blubbering with your friends and not even try to rp. It's like they recruit an audience just to watch them blab.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 04:07:09 pm »
This happens quite often to alot of people who like to role-play in a group. When hosting a role-play group, most people forget that it is indeed, a group activity. People like to join a role-play to act out their characters, interact with others characters, and have fun in utilizing their free time. However, if the group is simply three or less people having a say and subtlety ignore the other players in the group, it can appear tedious; as if the group is just a few people.

Also, to be fair, most players don't do that upon intention, as stated earlier by Lord and Snarf. Just the simple fact that some people don't know how to role-play as an active group. Then, there is the side of not knowing how to handle a group and upon other reasons.

If you are wanting to start a role-play group or think about it, just remember that you are hosting for other people to join in on the fun with you. It's not all about the "top" characters when you want new people to come into a story. It takes time to know how to play with others in various environments and it never hurts to give something new a try. Or, vice versa, just try again with a different approach and see what happens.     
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 04:59:41 am »
Happens to me a lot, and that's all I am going to say on the subject, right now.

baltowolflover

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 06:45:35 am »
Always happens to me. Which is why I barely stay around the official maps anymore. I mainly stay in the downloadable maps. Or create my own and roleplay with friends since I'm too nervous to roleplay with strangers now a days...