Author Topic: Need Help with RAR Preset  (Read 1740 times)

Offline cozyyote

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • owo what's this?
    • cozyyote
    • cozyyote
    • @cozyyote
    • View Profile
    • Telegram Art Channel
Need Help with RAR Preset
« on: March 13, 2014, 12:52:30 am »
How do I wear presets that have RAR files? ;-;
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:56:18 am by ~Zipfire~ »

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help with RAR Preset
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:01:07 am »
I would assume you just unzip the .RAR file with 7Zip or Winrar (its like a .ZIP) and then there is a .FHP file inside of it that you drag into your FH preset folder?

Was this a free-to-use preset or something?

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:10:48 am »
-This is if a preset was made for you to use. If you are trying to download someone else's preset so you can see them in-game, ignore this post.-

You need a program that can open .rar files. I suggest Winrar or 7-Zip. (They are both safe; I use 7-zip).

After downloading either program, right-click the file you want to open and hover over the word "7-zip". Another box should appear and click on "Open archive". In order to transfer the files to the correct location, don't click move. I don't think it will work; only copy would. So click copy and move the file to the correct location. There should be a Read Me file that will tell you where to move the files. If not, then move it to Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart > my_presets. If it asks you to replace, say yes. But, say the file you are trying to download is named preset_5. If you already have something in preset_5 that you want to keep (a made preset in there), then don't replace. Just re-name either one to the desired folder number.
So, you should be able to have the preset there and you can use it in the Character Selection since it is for you to use. (If someone made a preset for you.)

Welp, I hope you understood that. (If not, I understand - it was confusing to me as well.)

Furthermore, here are the links to each program:
(Click the words to go to the site)

WinRar

7-Zip

Offline cozyyote

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • owo what's this?
    • cozyyote
    • cozyyote
    • @cozyyote
    • View Profile
    • Telegram Art Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 02:12:40 pm »
-This is if a preset was made for you to use. If you are trying to download someone else's preset so you can see them in-game, ignore this post.-

You need a program that can open .rar files. I suggest Winrar or 7-Zip. (They are both safe; I use 7-zip).

After downloading either program, right-click the file you want to open and hover over the word "7-zip". Another box should appear and click on "Open archive". In order to transfer the files to the correct location, don't click move. I don't think it will work; only copy would. So click copy and move the file to the correct location. There should be a Read Me file that will tell you where to move the files. If not, then move it to Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart > my_presets. If it asks you to replace, say yes. But, say the file you are trying to download is named preset_5. If you already have something in preset_5 that you want to keep (a made preset in there), then don't replace. Just re-name either one to the desired folder number.
So, you should be able to have the preset there and you can use it in the Character Selection since it is for you to use. (If someone made a preset for you.)

Welp, I hope you understood that. (If not, I understand - it was confusing to me as well.)

Furthermore, here are the links to each program:
(Click the words to go to the site)

WinRar

7-Zip
Thank you, I was trying to download one of my presets too my aunts comp. But I lost the link so I had to use the other 1. o3o

Offline Kaimeya_Wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • she/her/they/them/he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 07:46:04 pm »
I would actually reccomend Zipeg, it can open .RAR's, .7ZIP's .CAB's and more with only one program, so Its really helpful.
I come back after about 4 years! Ill probably still be somewhat inactive from time to time, but im here!

Please don't look at my older posts. I swear, i had a really bad "XD" phase. I am so sorry.