Author Topic: An Attempt of Change  (Read 3628 times)

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: An Attempt of Change
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »
I would say the game plan is to just start using and coming up with new terms. Refrain from using literate, semi-literate, or illiterate to describe anything roleplay related. o: It would be nice if we can all try using the same or very similar terms, that's why I put that small area for new term in my op.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:41:23 pm by Aria »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »
What if... instead of using words like illiterate, semi-literate, and literate, people could use the following words to describe the types of roleplay levels.

~Simple = Those who use very short and simple roleplay posts.
~Moderate = Roleplayers who use more words and sentences in their posts. Like 2-4 sentences.
~Advanced = For those roleplayers who type many sentences in a roleplay post, and pretty much make a pharagraph.

These kind of words are based on a suggestion that someone made in another thread. Credit goes to them, whoever they are.
Inactive

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 07:28:46 pm »
Thanks Lady Alizarin. I'll add those to the list. : )

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 02:59:59 pm »

~Simple = Those who use very short and simple roleplay posts.
~Moderate = Roleplayers who use more words and sentences in their posts. Like 2-4 sentences.
~Advanced = For those roleplayers who type many sentences in a roleplay post, and pretty much make a pharagraph.

I like it Alizarin!

Very good idea. It's a lot kinder and actually reminds me of 'old' RPGs.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 07:57:41 pm »
I'm not going to say much on this- I have my own views on the matter and I'm not going to say them, because I'd come off as rude. A lot of roleplayers call it paragraph or script roleplay if that helps you at all or gives any ideas. Advanced is also a term already used for roleplays. I'm saying this as roleplayers in general not just FeralHeart.

However the problem with changing something like this is the fact even off of FH roleplayers commonly use these terms. If you hop on any game, forum or roleplay community you'd see the term iliterate and literate used. I agree sometimes calling people illiterate is rude.. and at times the terms are used wrongly, but you'll always have those people. These are set terms in any roleplaying community and honestly (as sad as it is) I don't feel it'll change any time soon.

There's also the problem with using different terms can confuse people and make finding roleplays similar in your style harder to find. How many people honestly view the FH forums? How annoying is it going to be when you make your small movie ads for roleplays that nearly everyone will question you in response asking "Oh, what does ___ mean?" It just makes it easier to use terms that everyone already knows and uses.

Edit:

Just thought of some already used rolepaly terms in the roleplay community that I don't see on FeralHeart much. They could potentially help out with getting people to use different terms.

One Liner- Post consisting of a single line of text.
Para- A paragraph roleplay post.
Multi-Para- Multiple paragraphs used in a roleplay.

Pretty sure script roleplay can be considered people using asterisks or hyphens to roleplay if you really want to.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:34:01 pm by ZombieKitteh »

Offline Roniver

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 07:51:06 am »
I act like I'm being rude when I'm trying to help, if you ever see somebody with the username kplunk BRUTALLY MURDERING BAD-ROLEPLAYERS WITH LARGE WORDS don't block me.. I am an amazing person to be around you my creative styple does not make your head explode.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:23 am »
After reading through the topic and most of the reply's,  I do believe poor Aria is being misunderstood.
If I am getting this right, Aria is trying to say that, instead of going up to people and asking them to change their ways, the people who read and agree with this topic use these themselves wherever they can in game to let people see these other ways and possibly influence the sway of the way as they say.
This does not mean, go up to people and say "Hey, use this word instead of illiterate" this means, maybe when recruiting, or when commenting on a roleplay, you can say "Your style of Rp is advanced/moderate/simple" And let others around you see this, but say nothing about it unless they ask. This is how a community culture is created and changed. If we all try, we can make a difference!