Author Topic: the 'Le' of Feral Heart  (Read 5542 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: the 'Le' of Feral Heart
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 01:39:35 am »
My explanation here would be that using "le" is like baby talk. It's meant to be cute & silly. Often the use of "le" is in no way related to French. Some vocalizations just sound amusing and aren't meant to have a meaning but more a feeling. Example like the hur hur hur, herp derp, mew etc words. It's not so much about the meaning of the word but the feelings or scenario that it's used in. Some things don't have to make sense you know.

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 09:19:35 pm »
Everyone has their own way of speaking- or typing. Even if it's not always grammatically correct. I try to just ignore it, as I'm too shy to correct them, especially if it's one of my friends. xD
If I think about it, this is somewhat similar to the word "Ain't". People use it, but it's not correct to really use... So yeah, I don't know, most people figure these things out on their own though, or just use it because they think it's cool to do so... Well, the "le" fad has calmed down a lot actually from how I've seen it be in the past. :I

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 12:32:39 am »
Its used for derpy, OOC use. It's fun :D I use it, but not very often. Maybe when I'm in a bit of a silly mood I'll use 'le' quite a lot.
My friends and I use it a lot when we derp... For example -ahem-

-Le pokes-
-Le pokes with stick-
-Le pokes with metal pole-
-Le pokes with empire state building-
-Le crushed-

:D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:35:10 am by CallMeWild »

spirit, who could not be broken

ZearTheAkumian

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 12:56:48 am »
Le banana, le Wildstar, le Feralheart, le flops, we all know of the le don't we?

As I checked on Google Translate, if I typed in "the", I get "le", so le is French for the, however I only want to learn Japanese, not French nor Spanish.

Speaking of le's in FH, since le is a meme around the internet(There's a bit of history of le on the internet on Know Your Meme) people seem to use it in Doge-grammar like way, such as le-stalk.

The French and English languages have always got along, okay there has been some bumpy shores, but since they gave us the Statue of Liberty we must have been so kind back to the French.

Back to the le, if I saw correctly on Know Your Meme, I think the le craze(Hahahahaha) started from a drawing of a lady in a dress saying "I am le tired".

Whatever we le stalk, or le dance, or le faint, its le everywhere(le hahahahaha!).

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 06:16:49 am »
I think most people use it to convey that they are joking. I know a few that uses it in serious role-plays >.>

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.

Offline Roki

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • 10 years now on FH... wow
    • Extaivia
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 07:04:31 am »
yea i have not used that word ever without knowing what it means and i never did until today, anyway i guess people like adding spark to their comments

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 03:27:46 pm »
In my opinion it is just the same as wolf speak, but just in a different way.
I guess that people just want a hint of humor in their text like saying "Danke!" (Danke is a word originating from Germany) as thank you or "-Le writes a post-" for making it sound 'good'.

People also often use it in a derpy situation, just to fill that chat box up with some that-isn't-right words.
It may sometimes be funny to use it, but in my case I find it useless. "If you don't write in French, why use French words?" Is what I would often say to myself when I see someone using French words in english lines. (Or any other language.)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:19:16 pm by Kiquaii »

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline warroiranimals

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • This sentence is a lie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 03:48:53 pm »
'Le' is often used at http://www.ragestache.com/ and many people know/has heard of Ragestache. Not all, but a good amount. That's about all I can really think of.

Back up account: ~Jay~

"I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything!"

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 10:56:20 am »
I always thought it was referring to one of those Spongebob Squarepants cut scenes when it says "2 Hours Le later" In that French voice. I don't know to be honest. I don't say it much myself. o3o :D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:44:34 pm by xXQueenXx »

Offline RadianStar4

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Fainalotea.deviantART
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 08:06:54 am »
I actually just use it for fun or to derp around XD
I am actually in French class and know the meaning, but it just looks so derpy and it makes me grin. It is just one of those silly little things that put smiles on people's faces! And laughter is good medicine for the soul.
||| Like the lotus, I may grow from mud, but I choose to rise above it and bloom in my own fresh air, because no mud is thick enough to keep me from sprouting. |||