Author Topic: Items.cfg Help  (Read 1418 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Items.cfg Help
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:29:34 pm »
Goodness, it's been awhile...
I have recently gotten back into the LoZ fandom, and wanted to make a Link wolf. And of course, with a bunch of items, I was going to put the Master Sword and Midna on him. But for some reason, it will not appear. The obvious answer to this issue is the .cfg file in the FH folder, but its the only one I have, and I haven't been on my laptop or the internet in several months, so I can't remember where I found the item pack. I have all the items in the Items Folder, but I just need the right .cfg file. Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:31:08 pm by Azy-Chan »

AlphaEclipse

Re: Items.cfg Help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:35:50 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's Pawesome items Pack V4.
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=36150.0

Installation:
Put the .cfg into C: > Feralheart and click replace.
Put all of the items into C: >>> Feralheart >> Media > items an click replace. ;3

lindaminda

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:43:26 pm »
Um, this is a stupid question,but.. Did you click 'Add' below the item list in your game? xD

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:51:16 pm »
Yes, thank you, this isn't the same pack, but it has the items I want.
And no, Dun, I did not, because the items didn't appear on the list. I know that you have to click 'Add', don't worry xD

lindaminda

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:53:55 pm »
Yes, thank you, this isn't the same pack, but it has the items I want.
And no, Dun, I did not, because the items didn't appear on the list. I know that you have to click 'Add', don't worry xD

Im sure you know, just it happened to me so many times xD I was in hurry and I forgot to click that and then I spent 1 hour trying to figure out whats wrong.. xd

Offline RedWine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 06:27:17 am »
I've noticed that some item packs don't come with the .cgf codes. I could probably help you make your own if you can't find the .cgf codes for some of the items you've downloaded.

Give me a sec. I'm going to edit this with a tutorial on how to do the coding. It should be pretty easy once you know what to do, so don't worry.

EDIT:
Okay. So let me try to break down the code and explain it as simply as I can. Sorry it's kind of long, btw.

Code: [Select]
[Christmas Hat]
mesh=hat1.mesh
bone=forehead
offset_f=0.1 1.2 0.5
rotation_f=10 90 -10
offset_c=0.1 1.4 0.1
rotation_c=10 90 15
Here's all of the coding you need for each individual item.

Code: (Line #1) [Select]
[Christmas Hat]This line should be pretty simple to understand. It is the name of the item that will be displayed in your list of items inside the game. Make sure you put [ and ] around it.

Example 1: [Your Item Name Here]
Example 2: [Master Sword]

Code: (Line #2) [Select]
mesh=hat1.meshThis tells the game which mesh to put on your character as an item.

Example 1: mesh=YourMeshHere.mesh
Example 2: mesh=mastersword.mesh

Code: (Line #3) [Select]
bone=foreheadThis tells the game which bone on your character's skeleton to put the item on. The items.cgf file lists off all of the bones you can put your items on before you see the coding for the first item.

Example 1: bone=tail1
Example 2: bone=leg3.R

Note that the bone you put the item on matters. If you put it on the head bone, it will follow the movement of the head. If you put it on the jaw bone, it will follow the jaw when your character opens its mouth. If you put it on the hand1.L bone, it will follow the movement of the left paw. So what you want to do is place the item on the bone that's closest to where you want to see the item, and that also follows the movement that you want it to.

A bad example would be putting the item on an arm bone (most likely arm1.R or arm1.L) when you want it to be laying on your character's back or against their side. Use the spine bones instead (spine1, spine2, spine3, and spine4).

For a quick suggestion, you could probably put Midna on the "spine2" bone. I'm not really sure where you want the master sword to be, but if you let me know I can suggest a bone or two for you to put it on.

Code: (Line #4 & #6) [Select]
offset_f=0.1 1.2 0.5
offset_c=0.1 1.4 0.1
This is to move your item to the exact position you want it to be. The default position is directly on the bone, and you probably don't want that since it'll be inside of your character.

There are two different offsets. One is for the feline (offset_f) and the other is for the canine (offset_c). Using the same exact coordinates for both the feline and canine will give you different results. You'll have to set both of them with their own coordinates, unless you only plan on using the item on one of them. If that's the case, go ahead and leave the coordinates for whichever model you are not going to use it on as "0 0 0".

This might get a little complex, but I'll try my best to tell you how the numbers work. I'll use images to help.

Each number has an axis that you can move the item along (each number being the three after "offset_f=" or "offset_c="). The value of each number is the location where the item will sit on that axis. It is very much like a graph you usually see on paper with the x and y axis, but with a third axis known as z. The z axis is the depth. Allow me to give you a visual.

This is the x and y axis on your character:

This is the z axis on your character:

Please note that the 0 point where each axis meets varies for each bone. It is not in the same exact position on your character for every bone. The 0 point is at the beginning of each individual bone. Also, it would be useful for you to know that you can use both positive and negative numbers to set the location, just like you would be able to on a paper with a graph on it.

I'm going to color code each axis to the same exact color as you see them in the pictures.
X = Red
Y = Green
Z = Blue

The order of the axis' in the coding are x z and y. I think it might be best if I move onto the examples to give you a visual of the order.

Example 1: offset_f=0 0 0
Example 2: offset_f=1 0.5 -3

Code: (Line #5 & #7) [Select]
rotation_f=10 90 -10
rotation_c=10 90 15
I'll update this part in the morning. I'm too tired to think straight.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:05:00 am by Aria »