Author Topic: My two cents about FH Roleplaying  (Read 4239 times)

Offline Monochromy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
My two cents about FH Roleplaying
« on: April 27, 2014, 10:25:46 am »
Roleplaying. Great ones are hard to find, so I usually don't bother. Common ones either don't strike my fancy or don't fit my roleplaying style. In my opinion, a good roleplay should have a GOOD and FAIR literacy standard.

Most roleplays that I have joined either ask for a couple sentences or the level where you need to use the chat 2-3 times to finish one roleplay post. With the amount of space in a chat box, I think literate roleplays should just ask for correct grammar and spelling with the maximum amount of words being one whole chat box. That way, you could have a smooth roleplay without the problem that is POST-CUTTING. I have [accidentally] post-cut before and I was both frustrated and kind of guilty. Using the idea I proposed earlier, post-cutting will be eliminated and won't cause stress to RP members either. I've also experienced the feeling of being intimidated by your fellow RP members who post paragraph after paragraph while you're sitting there like an awkward duck only coming up with a couple teeny sentences.

I'm not always the most literate one, but I know some of you have had this feeling before. The feeling where you can write a whole novel when giving a RP sample but during actual RP, you have nothing to say.

Next... ah. Linking actions to roleplay. Sure, you can write a sentence or two and walk around to make it pop. I've done it too, but hey. Isn't one of the points/purposes/goals of roleplaying to be able to write so well and beautifully that even with a paragraph or two you can visualise it happening in your mind? I don't know. Emotions are helpful, but walking, running, howling and roaring sure aren't. Perhaps a group will show up where during RP, you simply sit in a circle and write. I mean... not a bad idea.

What about wolfspeak? I am against it. It adds nothing to your roleplay and it doesn't even sound good.

SO. That's all for this post. I might add more if I'm feeling the rage. Feel free to post your opinions.

signature and avatar drawn by me <3

Rizzla

Re: My two cents about FH Roleplaying
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:22:20 pm »
Aye, I'm liking this anti-postcutting thing. Most "Literate" Roleplays say you have to post paragraph upon paragraph at a time worth of Rp to be literate. But how can you when your posts keep being cut?
Good thinking, Mono.

Offline Monochromy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 12:32:09 pm »
Thanks Drama.

Rizzla

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 12:36:55 pm »

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 09:59:34 pm »
I think this is a great idea. I hate how there are rules, about how long a post should be. Really? It doesn't have to be liong to get the detail in. I, myself, are literate. But still. And the thing on good roleplays, there aren't many good ones anymore, indeed. I think It's because of general being absent. Hm. .n.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 10:07:07 pm »
I completely agree. In order to be in a realistic group you need to post paragraphs with detail about how you put your paw on a rock... I mean seriously, we dont care..
pm for free art i need practice

Offline ShadowPhoenix515

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 11:24:46 pm »
i cant even find a group to rp with cuz they either dont interest me or they just wont let me in because iv never really 'roleplayed' before.

Offline Monochromy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 05:53:27 am »
Wow, thanks for the support, guys!

@ Shay: I agree! I think post length depends on the number of actions you're actually DOING then and there.

Perhaps some will still use a couple boxes for one post, but they have more meaningful sentences, like they're multitasking or maybe they increased the amount of dialogue. Usually, I'm forced to add sentences that make the scene visible, but the actual thing I'm trying to get through is that I'm just eating a mouse. :P

Offline StormClaws68

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 10:01:19 pm »
I agree completely! I've been in RPs, then kicked out for it not being long enough. Personally, I don't like adding a bunch of gibberish and not needed description for something so simple! How long should an action along the lines of "Cairo ate a mouse" be!?!

And finding RPs I'm interested in is hard enough, keeping it rolling would be great. Instead, I wait for what feels like hours for my RP partner to type one post.

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 03:23:19 am »
I allow any sort of "literate-ness" in my role plays as long as they aren't pushing others around about it.
Happy Pride Month!