Author Topic: Map Portal not showing  (Read 3270 times)

Offline flamepelt100

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map Portal not showing
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:09:54 pm »
I downloaded a map for a roleplay I'm in, but the portal is not showing up. I followed all the instructions in the ReadMe that came with it (Put sounds in the sounds folder, .fh files in the exports, etc), but something's wrong. I have a mac, and I know FH is can be buggy with macs, but I think it's more than that. If you have a solution, please tell me.

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Map Portal not showing
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:45:30 pm »
Are you a 100% sure that you put everything in the right place? People make silly small mistakes that they don't notice. Here, try watching this video and repeat the steps. ^-^

Did you go to Cape of Distant Worlds and did you check correctly if the map portal was there? It might be at the end, middle or the start.

I hope I helped you ;)

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline flamepelt100

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 08:42:18 pm »
Yes, I did that. It still isn't working

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »
Quick question, ma'am. Was there a .fhm file located anywhere in the download? If so, move that particular file to Local Disk (C:) > FeralHeart > Exports then re-launch the game completely. Once ye' launch it back up and log back into the game, there should automatically be a portal in Cape of Distant Worlds.

If ye' have done this, then this is quite bizarre. There should be a portal as long as ye' have a .fhm file located in yer Exports folder.
gone

Offline flamepelt100

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 09:01:42 pm »
Yes, I already put the .fhm into the exports folder. The portal still isn't showing up.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:56:30 am »
A few reminders.

Most people put the files together into either a .zip or .rar file. You as a user must also unpack/extract/unzip or whatever you want to call it before you actually put them in your game. Please make sure you unzip the folder before installing them since some people forget this.

Do you actually put the maps into the correct game? In theory you could have an endless amount of different FH games/folders on your computer as long as you have space for such, if you install the maps into a copy of the game you aren't even running the maps will not show since the game does only locate maps within it's own folder.

If you are one hundered percent certain that you do everything correctly when it comes to the installing of custom maps it could be a chance that the map creator did not create portals properly, but if you know that others can play it then you are most likely doing something wrong and need to track back your steps until you do it right.

the .fhm file is really the only thing that matters when it comes to getting a portal in cape, so it must be used the right way and place in the correct place, otherwise no portal will show.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline flamepelt100

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 04:10:38 pm »
I have found my problem! I had made a copy of the Feralheart application that was in the folder, and I pasted it onto my desktop to get to it easier. I tried playing on the original application, and the portals showed up! :)