Author Topic: Title screen glitched?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Bananas.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Title screen glitched?
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:25:00 am »
I recently downloaded Feral Heart on a different computer and the title screen does not start up like it normally does. Am I missing a download or something?

Rizzla

Re: Title screen glitched?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:30:13 am »
A bit more details would be helpful. Do you mind telling me exactly what it does? Screenshots?
However you might want to check your folder that say things like particle_1 particle_2 and so on. That might be what the problem is..

Offline Bananas.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:03:09 am »
A bit more details would be helpful. Do you mind telling me exactly what it does? Screenshots?
However you might want to check your folder that say things like particle_1 particle_2 and so on. That might be what the problem is..

Here's a screen shot http://sta.sh/027nfg3xnjbj also I saw no such folders, even if I did, what do they do exactly?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 02:07:33 am »
Looks to me like a rendering problem. Go to options and in your video settings switch your rendering sub system to either OpenGL or Direct3D9 and then tell us if that fixes the issue.

Aicosu125

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 02:30:17 am »
This happens to FH on my grandpa's OLD computer. I just left it. It could be a rendering issue, but just try changing the render system.

Offline Bananas.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 02:49:20 am »
Looks to me like a rendering problem. Go to options and in your video settings switch your rendering sub system to either OpenGL or Direct3D9 and then tell us if that fixes the issue.

I would, however the mouse does not load, so I cannot see what I'm trying to click

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:32 am »
Try this then:

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

If trouble still continues consider uninstalling your game and reinstalling it to see if that repairs the issue.

Offline Bananas.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:50 am »
Try this then:

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

If trouble still continues consider uninstalling your game and reinstalling it to see if that repairs the issue.

Yeah, my rendering system does not say that. How do you change it?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 12:54:21 pm »
You just follow what it says hun. Open that ogre.cfg file and manually type in or copy and paste the part shown there so that it matches that. Then save the cfg and restart your game.

Offline Bananas.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 06:34:35 pm »
You just follow what it says hun. Open that ogre.cfg file and manually type in or copy and paste the part shown there so that it matches that. Then save the cfg and restart your game.

Oh okay :) I'll give that a try