Author Topic: Odd Feralheart Crash! Please help.  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Jcoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Herro!
    • View Profile
Odd Feralheart Crash! Please help.
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:04:22 pm »
So once I double click the FeralHeart icon, the OGRE Engne Rendering Setup appears, and it, for some reason, alternates to OpenGL Rendering System and Direct3D9 Rendering System each time I open it. After I press OK to both, once at a time, a window named FeralHeart comes on, it's all black, then without any warning it just disappears with no *not working* windows! it just disappears. The funny thing is that I have been playing FeralHeart for about a year now, but it just started a few days ago..
I really appreciate if you at least try to help c;
"Click Me!"

Aicosu125

Re: Odd Feralheart Crash! Please help.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:08:00 pm »
Try reinstalling the game. Glitches like this happen at times. Could be because you might have a misplaced file or something. Not to sure.

Offline Jcoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Herro!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:11:27 pm »
I have reinstalled the game, and the same results occur
"Click Me!"

Aicosu125

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:13:48 pm »
Then I'm not to sure about this situation, hun. Sorry.~ Hope you can find better help then me :)

Offline Jcoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Herro!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 04:17:26 pm »
Okay, but thanks for trying!
"Click Me!"

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 04:31:02 pm »
When ye' uninstalled the game, did ye' uninstall not only the desktop icon but also the FeralHeart folder? Sometimes if ye' uninstall the game but not the folder alongside, it can cause bizarre crashes such as this.

Another thing ye' could check is make sure ye' have no duplicated files (files endin' in _1, _2, etc) in the followin' folders:

My_Objects
Exports
Particles

This often occurs when ye' recently exported any maps but just to be on the safe side, it won't hurt to check.

If none of the above works, ye' could also take a gander at this:

Game is not starting or having graphical issues/glitches.

FeralHeart is a game like so many others out there, it needs a computer to do all the work so you can play it. Not everyone can just install the game and it works all perfect for them. Sometimes the computer might even be really old and the game too new. But if you got a computer from the last 5 years, playing this game shouldn't be any problem at all.

The ogre errors!
The ogre errors is something that users can get either when trying to boot up the game or when entering a custom map. These errors come directly from the game, and even though the error messages might look a lil messy, most of the time they actually clearly shows where the problem is. Ogre errors can also come up from broken installers that doesn't install all the files needed to run the game, and in these cases "The magical fix" usually solves this. Uninstall>re-download>Install with new installers.

An example of an ogre error below:

That one is pretty much straight out saying that the following file "Gui Template/Reminder" Is missing. And in this case, if something is missing, an uninstall and re-install should do the trick. But there can be other errors like "Items already using the name blabla" or "Failed to create OpenGL rendering". They can vary very much, some are easier to fix than others.'

If you look <here>, you will find a big list of previous ogre errors, and many of them with a solution. So take a look there. (Thanks to Shell Prisoner for making that thread)
gone

Offline Jcoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Herro!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 04:32:38 pm »
Oh no D: I was working on a map.. But.. At least if I have feralheart right?ill check the duplicated files now though. Also.. I Acually have exported a map I was working on, and that could be it!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:34:19 pm by jcoon »
"Click Me!"

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 04:44:07 pm »
Also.. I Acually have exported a map I was working on, and that could be it!
That could be most likely the reason why ye're crashin', Ms. I wish ye' luck and hopefully it'll work!
gone

Offline Jcoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Herro!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 08:20:37 pm »
Also.. I Acually have exported a map I was working on, and that could be it!
That could be most likely the reason why ye're crashin', Ms. I wish ye' luck and hopefully it'll work!
I don't know how to fix it anymore D: I checked the export files, I did the re install thing, and even checked firewall, nothing is working :C
"Click Me!"

Offline Sezzas

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 03:35:45 pm »
This suddenly happened to me too and I haven't even touched the FeralHeart map or done anything with the game except logging in and creating characters ;-;