Author Topic: If You Had to Buy Feralheart  (Read 5872 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
If You Had to Buy Feralheart
« on: July 23, 2014, 01:38:25 am »
I was thinking about the 'What-If' threads that Sura made, and I've got a sorta 'What-If' of my own.

What if Feralheart was a game that you had to buy in stores?

Similar to the Sims games, you would have to go into a store like Walmart and buy the game there, then go and install it on your computer. (Let's pretend registration would be open all the time, since it wouldn't make much sense for it to be closed in this situation.)

My questions are:

If you saw this game in stores and hadn't known about it, do you think that you would think about buying it?

How much do you think Feralheart would cost if it was in stores?

Would you buy Feralheart in its current state, or would you only buy it if there were updates?

Do you think Feralheart would have more or less members than it does being a game you can get online? How different do you think the community would be?

Would Feralheart be worth buying?

If you have any other questions that you think people should answer if FH was a game in stores, I'll add it ^^

------

So, what do think about if Feralheart was a game in-stores? What would happen?

NOTE: I do not think that you should pay to play Feralheart, or that it will ever be that way. It is a WHAT-IF question.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:02:37 am by Turtlex »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: If You Had to Buy Feralheart
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 02:08:44 am »
Ahh very interesting. To be honest if Feral Heart was in game in stores I would definitely prefer that the game had more content before buying it. Feral Heart works great the way it does now since it's free and even with limited capabilities the fact that it's free makes that tolerable but if the game was for purchase in the state that it is now I probably wouldn't rush to purchase it. It would also depend on what the game was for example: PC or console. Perhaps if the game was on say Xboxlive it would make it more interesting since you could use the online capabilities to make rping more interesting etc as well as the possibility for downloadable content... If it was for purchase on Xboxlive I would probably consider purchasing it.

Even with it's lack of more interesting content Feral Heart is still a unique game type with great potential so perhaps it would have a solid fandom even if for cash. How big the fandom would be up to whether the game was made into a PC or console game in my opinion. It's possible that with the promotion of a larger system like a console it could get more attention and gain a larger fan group then it does have now.

As for how much it would cost that's a tough one. My guess would be probably around 20-30$.

The game would still be worth buying simply because there's a chance for downloadable content & individually made custom content as well as mods etc.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:14:18 am by LordSuragaha »

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:43:20 am »
I hardly but a game, and i cannot pay for things on online stores so most likely wont be here. Unless the game its 2-3 dollars.
I would pay as much as $8 if the game were with updates and stuff.

FeralHeat would have much less members, unless paying could lead in to updates and more stuff, then the game would grow.
I though about that before, but Feral Heart cannot be sold or not even receive donations due the licence of the libraries it uses.

as a fan of felines and canines, if i saw Feral Heart in a store, i would put an eye on it several times.

(Sura dont you think 20-30 is too much?, at least for here in mexico)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:52:38 am »
I don't think 20-30$ would be too much. 19.99 is the cost of most Sims 3 expansion packs, and I think most games fall around there. Minecraft costs about 27 dollars, but maybe for Feralheart around there would be a bit too much. I'd go maybe 15-20 bucks at the most.

I agree, if Feralheart was in-stores it would have to have more features and updates constantly.

Though I do think that if FH wasn't online, there would be less members posting on the forums, and I think that some of them would be very rude and that Feralheart would get much more hate.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 02:57:55 am »
That indeed would be interesting to see! I ALWAYS look for games to which you are the animal. Especially with canines and such. If I saw Feral Heart in stores, I'd definitely jump to buy it. The game might have a smaller member number, but simply because younger players probably wouldn't have free access to it. I think that for Feral Heart to be a popular game which people buy, it would have to have more content in it before release. Just small updates here and there to make it to player liking. Just simple things like more maps, markings, and prey. I do definitely and whole-heartedly believe I would take interest and most likely buy Feral Heart.
As Sura stated before me, seeing it on other consoles would be interesting. Xbox would be really cool, because of a change of controls- and downloadable content. Downloading items and such would be cool. (If you have the correct version)I also think it would be really fun to Skype whilst playing Feral Heart. Maybe even a capability to use a microphone while playing? That would be amazing. I think for a game like that, it would run anywhere from 10-25 US dollars. I'd definitely save up for a game like that.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »
This is a very interesting topic. As Lordy said, I'd like to see more content in the game before purchasing it. Maybe stuff like more models, chats, new running/swimming animations, way more actions, etc. If FeralHeart was in stores and I didn't know about it, I would probably search about it online. After all, I would never overlook a game with wolves and lions in it before searching about it. But, I digress; Let's say that FeralHeart was in stores exactly the way it is right now. It couldn't be worth more than $10. But that $10 would've been well spent, considering the lovely staff team, and all my friends I've made. It would so be worth it for me.
If the game was available on XBox One or the PS4, downloading items would be much faster. No more invisible items :D But I doubt the game would last long or even be playable on console, if you consider the game genre.
It's an MMORPG. Let me outline that last bit. MMORPG.
It would take forever to role play, it would be so boring. Unless of course, you had a keyboard hooked up to the console. But then that would take away the idea of a console game in the first place. So no, defiantly not fit for a console.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:18:11 pm by M'ulahkrin »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline akhirathewolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 02:50:38 pm »
I think it'd be a bit strange, honestly. (But yes, definitely worth the buy). But, like what Stargazer said, it probably wouldn't be fit for a console unless there's a keyboard. I think I would definitely buy it, though, since I love games where you role play as an animal. I think I'd buy it right off the bat no matter what the cost (Hey, that college savings needs busted into a some point). 

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 02:55:56 pm »
I would cry. :D
If it was right now and I didn't have FH I would absolutely cry cause we need to save money at the point. But it'll probably have less members, would be worth the buy, and I wouldn't like the game as much. :D
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 03:35:14 pm »
I would throw my computer out a window.

I'm sorry but...... I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to money and spending it.

I'd, probably not buy it, since I have other more 'Important' things to use my money on then just a Roleplaying game.

Sorry but it's true.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline OwlMissile

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • My wifi is awesomely poopy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 04:07:17 pm »
If feral heart was paid i'm sure it would be dead, since this game isn't good enough to be worth buying, probably that's the reason why Feral Heart is free. (I'm not saying FH is bad.)

Hoot Hoot, need food