Author Topic: How do you convert meshes?  (Read 3011 times)

Offline acna2009

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I am fabulous and I know it C:
    • View Profile
How do you convert meshes?
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:18:57 pm »
I made a model with Sculptris and I would like to use it in my FH maps.
The thing is, Sculptris exports them as .sc1 files. Anyone knows how to convert this into a mesh? Or at least convert it into something that can be converted into a mesh?

BUDGIES!!! ???

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Re: How do you convert meshes?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:22:50 am »
Right, so I checked it out, and .sc1 is simply Sculptris' project file extension, and not an actual export. What you'll need to do in sculptris is press the export button, which looks like this , then save it as a .obj.

From there, you'll have to import it into a program that can export as a .mesh, perhaps Blender, and then export from there. Chances are you'll have to download a plugin for Blender, perhaps this one. http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45922

Thing is, it appears that the script is for an older version of Blender, 2.49b - so you'd have to get that. Here's a direct link to the page with that version http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49b/ Presuming you have Windows, you'll need blender-2.49b-windows.exe or blender-2.49b-windows.zip. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions. ^^

Offline acna2009

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I am fabulous and I know it C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 03:18:55 am »
Thanks a ton, I did it all and it worked! But after you export it, where can you find the mesh?

BUDGIES!!! ???

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:15:45 pm »
It should be wherever you exported it to ^^ What I can do at this point is somewhat limited, as I have a newer version of Blender and I don't want to mess it up by installing an older one - but from what I can tell, by default it saves to wherever you have Blender installed. So if you downloaded the .zip version, it'll probably be in C:\Users\<you>\Downloads\blender-2.49b-windows\blender-2.49b-windows\.blender. If you installed it using the .exe, it could be in C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender. If all else fails, you could try changing the directory for the export by manually typing in a new path up top above the file name; for example, if you type in C:\, it should save it to your C: drive.

If you still can't find your export, I'll need a detailed description of what you're doing so I can try to troubleshoot for you. ^^