Author Topic: Item pack help  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Sparkleskyee

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Item pack help
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:01:36 pm »
I just downloaded a combine item pack with the item.cfg file was already there you just had to replace it and I cant see other players items but other players can see mine, how do i fix it?

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
Re: Item pack help
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 06:21:06 pm »
It could be possible that they can see items, but different ones that you have. If they have a different item pack than you that could be it.
If you can see all the items in the pack that you downloaded then you, in fact, did it correctly. It's the matter that others may not have the same exact item pack than you do. Since FH only reads the codes in the order that they are placed in the item.cfg and not the code itself, so it won't recognize an item if it's in a different placement. [If that makes sense.]

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:22:14 pm »
If I understand tour problem correctly, it's just the item.cfj; if you have a pack that differs from other users the items might not show up. So there's not really any fixing it. You would have to download the packs that they have. Sorry, if I misunderstood your question.

Edit: D'oh, I was ninja'd, lol

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 06:29:42 pm »
It could be possible that they can see items, but different ones that you have. If they have a different item pack than you that could be it.
If you can see all the items in the pack that you downloaded then you, in fact, did it correctly. It's the matter that others may not have the same exact item pack than you do. Since FH only reads the codes in the order that they are placed in the item.cfg and not the code itself, so it won't recognize an item if it's in a different placement. [If that makes sense.]
If I understand tour problem correctly, it's just the item.cfj; if you have a pack that differs from other users the items might not show up. So there's not really any fixing it. You would have to download the packs that they have. Sorry, if I misunderstood your question.

Edit: D'oh, I was ninja'd, lol
Just like what Starry and Owly said... anyway, if you're looking for a good item pack that most people have, I would recommend the Pawesome Item Pack V5. This is one of the most popular item packs, since it combines like, 50 different item packs into one, and you'll have items in common with more people, so you'll be able to see more. Hope this helps in some way.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kaban

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »
I dont think it's the item placement.
Me, specifically, I gave her the item pack, including the .cfg. Which means she has the exact same item placement and such as me. I can see her items. She can't see mine. Some of it may be the placement, but the fact that only I can see hers is the problem, basically.
I think I downloaded the pawsome item pack, and gave her it after, with all my other items.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:32:03 pm by Rollerrhythm »

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 06:46:19 pm »
Try following the tutorial I will link below and see if it helps. ^^ It may just be all the meshes and stuff being misplaced, not a worry dear c:

Tutorial: >>Click Me<<

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 06:51:49 pm »
I have to say then it's possible that some of the item meshes and textures didn't move over properly. But if she sees hers, and not yours [you having different items] then the case would be to redownload and reexport the files to the proper folder. This time be sure no other applications that may lag the computer are up so it can transfer successfully. If you are wearing the same items, and she can see her own, but not the ones you are wearing, then either the downloader has another item.cfg updated than yours, or there's a corruption in the game itself and would be best to reinstall Feral heart [please use as a last resort since it may take longer to download]

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 05:44:22 pm »
Seems there are many floofs who helped out in this thread. Let me know if any of the solutions they sent you helped you with your issue so I may ask a Mod to lock this thread. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble