Author Topic: Discussing Innapropriate Topics in Public Maps  (Read 3384 times)

Offline buggerbug50

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Discussing Innapropriate Topics in Public Maps
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 06:29:10 pm »
Personally I think they have the right to have the freedom to talk about almost anything in game, but they should definitely respect this ability and use the proper chats (group/party for the worse things). I find it irritable that they'd actually call you an idiot for being so nice. Its people like that who make the community worse.

Offline Amberzerine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 07:01:10 pm »
You know, I have a charrie named Gray, and she is a lion cub, well she is grey like her name says, but everyone keeps saying "It's too unrealistic" And it hurts my feelings badly! I feel like we have to get rid of that stuff, cuz what's feral heart for? Creative ppl... and it was fun until the ppl made fun of my charries being so unrealistic, so I definatly agree, but I also got swore at to leave someone's "Territory", but didn't catch a screenshot to report.
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi

Offline Owly

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 07:24:53 pm »
I think discussing Inpropriate topics in public maps should be allowed AS LONG people talk about it in a mature and polite manner, and if asked to  take it to whisper or party chat  for whatever reason they should obey. It's going to fairly obvious if a troll is well trolling.

I don't and here is why: Not everyone is willing to take the chance to politely say to stop because of the possibility of people starting to troll or insult the person/people that are requesting they stop. Or they indirectly harass by continuing the offensive topic and further making those around them irritated or offended.
Certain topics that are a bit more mature -SHOULD- be kept to private chats to stop the risk of people becoming offended.

However, not everyone sees eye to eye with how important it is to keep these topics off the public chats. So, topics that ARE offensive should be reported without question, especially if the conversation hits some key parts that are sure to be offensive.

Edit because I just saw this oops:
Personally I think they have the right to have the freedom to talk about almost anything in game, but they should definitely respect this ability and use the proper chats (group/party for the worse things). I find it irritable that they'd actually call you an idiot for being so nice. Its people like that who make the community worse.
In the gaming world players are to follow all rules of the game they play, if certain topics are against the rules or flagged as content that fits into a rule breaking category then they will get consequences handed to them as it should be. Basically it should not be posted in public chats where problems could occur, but there's nothing against private chats.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:32:48 pm by Owly »

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 08:12:40 pm »
I agree with Owly. Discussion of such topics is against the rules, yes I said it. People can become easily offended, discusted, or just down right disturbed by content users could be discussing, this being the reason the staff dislike such conversation. Public maps are a different story from private or closed ones.

I don't think you should be able to discuss the inappropriate content, since younger users still use this forum and game, and parents can become very cautious and protective if they see that stuff guys.. Its just easier to keep it clean around here right? C:

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Owly

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 09:31:18 pm »
I agree with Owly. Discussion of such topics is against the rules, yes I said it. People can become easily offended, discusted, or just down right disturbed by content users could be discussing, this being the reason the staff dislike such conversation. Public maps are a different story from private or closed ones.

I don't think you should be able to discuss the inappropriate content, since younger users still use this forum and game, and parents can become very cautious and protective if they see that stuff guys.. Its just easier to keep it clean around here right? C:

~ Whisper
I couldn't have said it better myself. Public maps are places everyone can go, private chats and private maps are more controlled. So long as they're not being used for over the line vulgar content, I don't see the problem in it. Unless of course rules of the private map prohibit certain topics. You know, but if it's your OWN map, discussion topics that may be more adult are fine to discuss. That's where own discression is advised.