Author Topic: Map Help  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Warhawk

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Map Help
« on: December 03, 2014, 12:37:12 am »
How do you export a map with downloaded meshes to Mediafire? I tried just exporting the .fhm file but the person testing it would only see the default/game objects. Then I tried exporting the .fhm file with the mapobjects file, and with the Object files for all the meshes I used. I tried putting it in a zipped folder and re-uploading it to mediafire, re-exporting it and everything. I need a detailed explanation or something, I am so lost and I worked really hard on this particular map.
Have a nice day<3

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Map Help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:11:28 am »
Hallo floof! Many users have issues uploading maps to mediafire. It's rather easy once you know what to do. Try taking a look at this tutorial from Youtube:

Offline Warhawk

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:19:11 am »
I'm afraid I've already seen that video and it did not help at all. I know how to upload a map, just not a map with downloaded meshes, and I've tried multiple things as stated in my original post.
Have a nice day<3

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:34:57 am »
I suggest looking at the link below, there is always something useful in the tutorial section:

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=138.0

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Warhawk

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 03:13:40 am »
I've seen that video as well and it still doesn't touch base with downloaded meshes in maps.
Have a nice day<3

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 05:31:05 am »
Hello floof.
I suggest browsing through the tutorial section as I'm more than sure you'll find something useful there. Unfortunately I'm on my phone now otherwise I'd try finding for you a good link.
But other than that. Export your map again and have a piece of paper and pen ready to write down to locations of exported files cause it will tell you that. I've only ever done one map so don't remember so well, but you might have to be a bit quick when writing them down. Other option is to take screenies as the notifications go by. Then take ALL of the files that were exported from your map, throw them into a zip folder and upload them to Mediafire or whichever file sharing site you desire.
Remember, different files will land in different locations and therefore have to be placed in those different locations by your friends. Important to note the locations.

Hope this helps.
Check out Tutorials section though for more detailed explanations.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:33:53 am by Raphilion »

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline cookiesincrem

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 01:02:18 am »
Hi there :) My way of doing it is slightly complicated, but it exports everything correctly xD I had trouble with this first as well, but I figured it out by doing the following:

1. First, go in to your map maker. One there, open the map you wish to export. You should be on the first tab titled "Map." You don't need to export any specific objects, just press the "Export" button in the right hand corner right under the Map Name areas.
2. Wait for it to finish exporting, but DON'T CLICK ANYTHING YET! Grab a pencil and some paper. There should be a bunch of little popups saying _____ has been successfully exported. Write the first item down, then press okay. Another item will pop up. Write it down and press okay. Continue this process until it's all finished.
3. Then, go to C: > FeralHeart > Exports. From here, copy and paste each item you wrote down from the folder onto your desktop.
4. When that's finished, create a .zip folder and name it the name of the map. Drag the exported files (that are now on your desktop) into that folder.
5. Finally, go to Mediafire. If you haven't signed up, do so. When on the main page, there should be an "Upload" button at the top. Click that, then at the bottom if should give you two options. + Folders OR + Files. CLICK +FILES! Now all you gotta do is find your zipped file you made earlier and upload it! Once uploaded, click it and it will bring you to the link :)

The person who downloaded it will only have to put everything into exports, unless there is music, weather, or sky. In this case, put a READ ME in that says to put the music files into C: > Feral Heart > Media > Sounds  and the weather/sky files into C: > FeralHeart > Media  > Sky.

NOTE: For step #2, sometimes .MATERIAL files won't export successfully. All you gotta do is find the material in your files (it will usually be in the my_objects folder) and manually COPY AND PASTE (not cut and paste or drag) it into your zipped file. In this case, the person downloading may have to put the .MATERIAL files into C: > FeralHeart > Media > Materials

And there's that! Haha hope it helped c: Lemme know if you have any questions ~ Voluta
Smile... it will either warm their heart or piss them off... either way you win!!

Offline Warhawk

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 01:02:43 am »
I'll try this and hopefully I can get it right then get back to you. If it works, I'll post a tutorial for others who're having similar problems.~
Have a nice day<3

Offline Warhawk

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 01:04:56 am »
Ooo, detailed description I just now saw. This is great, thank you both! ^^
Have a nice day<3