Author Topic: The Whispering South Wind  (Read 8698 times)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: The Whispering South Wind
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 11:11:18 pm »

I'll allow Duna to post before I do again.
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 01:05:13 am »

Tarik stood on a ridge, overlooking a forest. Down there was prey. Of course Tarik didn't know what he was going to catch, but he wanted food, so he was going to have to go down there and end some sad animals life so he could live. Tarik turned and walked down the Ridge-past his cave home- and climbed down the sloping mountain into the forest. Tarik lifted his muzzle and sniffed the air. Squirrels, birds, rabbits, raccoons and deer were on the menu today. Deciding to hunt the deer, Tarik followed it's scent trail until he found it in a clearing. Tarik looked around the clearing from his spot under the Bush. He needed a spot to get above the deer, and drop down from above. After all, he excelled at it. There were no rocks or anything. But there were trees. He quickly climbed up it and waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. He lost track of time. Suddenly the deer walked right where he wanted. Finally... Tarik positioned himself for the jump. He was about 15 ft in the air. And he jumped. And the stupid deer moved. Tarik twisted and landed on the ground, fuming. Tarik yowled and leapt onto the deers back. The stag bucks and kicked. He crawled up it's back and landed a bite onto it's scruff, growling. After the buck fell to the ground, Tarik ate it on the spot.

Offline seopard

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • And in the end... I'll do it all again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 04:46:24 am »

Though all I can see is black, the colors of the world I have painted in my mind rival those of reality."
Name:
Mollitia (Molly or Tia)
Species: Mountain Lion
Mate:
N/A (see other)
Companion to Swift (Nomad)
Personality:
Tia is a sweet and caring lioness, whom accepts strangers into her life with ease. She is a sucker for children of any species, and doesn't like being alone, especially because of her certain disabilities. Tia is also very soft spoken and quite a pushover. No matter how hard Swift tries, he cannot seem to get past her willingness to help others.
Background: Tia was born to a very sickly mother and an absent father, the only cub to survive in a litter of 5. Less than a month after Tia's birth, her mother passed away from disease and left the infant to fend for herself. However, a 3 week old blind cub would never had made it far had it not been for Swift and his family. The cub was taken into the care of Swift's mother and father where the taught her how to live in a world of darkness, instead using her ears, nose, and paws to see. However, her adopted parents were later killed by a bear, leaving Swift and Tia alone in the world at the age of 3 and 2, traveling through the mountains and forests for a year until they stayed relatively close to the North Woods
Other:
Tia is completely blind, but her hearing, sense of smell, and ability to pick up vibrations make up for it
She is also infertile; her mother was very malnourished when expecting, causing development to be interrupted in her cubs.
While Tia may not be able to have her own cubs, she is always looking for someone to spend the rest of her life with.

"Don't let others define who your beauty. You are beautiful because you are yourself."
Name:
Swift
Species: Mountain Lion
Mate: N/A open to change
Personality:
Swift is a stubborn male with a quick mind and even faster paws. He is slower than his adopted sister to accept newcomers and often never does let them in completely. Being Tia's only family, he protects her fiercly and will lay down his life to ensure that she is safe. When challenged he often becomes irrational and doesn't always think things through, leading to many fights and scrabbles.
Background:
Swift is the only son of two normal mountain lions, and he grew up spoilt and bratty. However when he was almost a year old the family stumbled across the newest addition, a blind cub whom they named Mollitia meaning resilience. The two were then inseparable and Swift's terrible attitude problems disappeared as he began to take on Tia's well being. Then suddenly they were the only ones left, their mother and father had been killed by a bear. Swift, being the elder of the two adolescents, knew that where they were living was no longer safe without there father to protect it, and lead Tia on a mission to find a new home. A year of traveling built not only his body and strength, but also his wisdom and wariness of others. They now travel in and around the North Woods.
Other:
Has a large nick in his right ear from a confrontation with a wolf
Also has a large scar extending from his right shoulder to his left hip from a bear attack
"My eternal cockiness will not allow me to not believe..."

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 07:49:52 am »
Accepted :) And you may jump in!

Offline seopard

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 04:04:42 pm »
((Thanks!))

Tia and Swift

"Come on Tia, just a little ways further." Swift called back to his sister, whom seemed to be slowly lagging further and further behind. "But Swift, we have been walking for days. I am hungry and my feet are sore. Can we please take a rest?" Tia stopped, standing just a few feet away with her head bowed. Swift sighed, looking around the forest. They were in another lion's territory, and he was certain that Tia could smell the stranger's scent, but he owed it to her to rest for a little bit. "Alright. There is a cave just ahead. You can rest there and I will try to find us something to eat." Tia smiled lightly "Thank you brother." The two then walked to the cave, Swift leading the way with Tia following right behind him, keeping her cheek touching the tip of his tail. Now that they were in the cave, Swift wrinkled his nose at the overpowering scent of another male. "Just stay here, I'll be back soon." then he disappeared out of the cave. Tia stood in the mouth of the cave, doing her best to imagine what it looked like. Pushing around a few pebbles she swiveled her ears back and forth, trying to pick up the faint clicking echos that the rocks made.

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 11:30:16 pm »

Leauana

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

The large snow coloured canine continued to clumsily clamber across the forest floor, head darting around every so often to observe the things which surrounded her. Having a short attention span always came as a problem, she was never able to do one thing for a long period of time which meant she'd often get up to mischief as it was hard to find something which did actually tickle her fancy. Embracing many scents the young wolf soon slowed her pace as the scent of bear, fish and another wolf wafted into her snout - the srong, fishy scent causing her snout to wrinkle in slight disgust. It was obvious this fish was recently caught, or maybe left to rot. Whatever this overwhelming stench was caused by she decided it would be best to ignore it and not try and steal it. There would probably be a large, hungry bear waiting to rip off her head. Deciding the best thing to do would be to completely avoid that area she decided to hunt at one of the larger streams which ran through a short part of the forest. Hurrying once again Lea blocked out everything that was happening around her as she was more interested in getting herself some food. Leaping over several logs and rocks as she passed them, her tail wagging in anticipation as she done so. The sound of fresh flowing water proved that she was practically there and within a matter of seconds she would more than likely be there.

However, she see,ed to get there sooner than she thought. Whilst in a hurry it appeared that she had actually walked herself straight into the stream - which she was now knee deep in. Raising her brows Leaunan quickly backed out of the water and crouched herself down on the river bank. Since she had entered the water it seemed that she had scarred the group of fish, and it would be harder to hunt a few whilst they were all darted around in the stream. Remaining very still on the river bank Lea watched the water carefully, auds manly rested on the dark shapes as they slowly moved in every which way. Luckily, they slowly began grouping back up which meant her hunt would be happening soon.

Ravana

"Better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven."

Letting her tongue lap at the water a few more times the rather cold hearted feline then peeled her attention away from the water and onto the duo which slowly moved up the bank and off into the forest. Many would call her crazy for not taking the offer for an easy meal, but she knew how it was to have someone close to her killed - this being the main reason that she didn't kill the mother or the fawn. Allowing her amber eyes to remain on the two until they vanished out of sight. Letting out a low, quiet sigh the lioness slowly hurled herself onto her paws, then turning away from the water. Since recently eating her main priority wasn't getting food, even though she would more than likely do so once having a laze around. Running her tongue across her lips the quiet large sandy pelted feline charged towards one of the trees, leaping up she dug her claws in and with ease climbed up to the top. Once reaching several branches into the tree Ravana slowly stalked across one of the thicker ones, then placing herself down into a laying position she allowed one of her paws and her tail to hang down. After a few minutes or even an hour or so of resting Rav would probably go on a hunt. or find a way to make trouble, or probably annoy an innocent passer by.
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 03:49:14 am »
Ocean

The sandy colored she-wolf continued her run until the rank scent of bear was out of nostrils. Sighing, she let relief wash over her, her guard lowering. She could see the tree further away, its height a bit taller than most of the other trees in the area and it was easier to spot if you were looking for it. She made it to the base of the tree and sat there, dropping her load of stolen fish and sighed with relief. They smelled of rain water, which meant they were probably caught before the storm and left out during that time span. They were still good, just not as fresh as they were made out to be. She bit into it, flavor bursting in her maw as she chewed hungrily, already bowing her head to get a second bite.

Pete

The raccoons ears perked, arousing him from his slumber as he caught the sudden scent of fish. His mouth dripped with drool as he peeked his head out of the tree hole and looked down. His eyes narrowed as he saw the small canine eating some bass and he let out a hiss, "Hey! Are you going to leave any for me or do I have to catch my own??" The wolfs ears perked and she glanced up, pieces of fish falling from her mouth, "Oh... Hey Pete. You finally awake? And of course, I saved you some. It was a rather easy catch. That fat bully was too busy sleeping and left these out." She smirked, her face filled with mischief and her eyes reflecting it. Though as Pete was sliding down the tree to take his own share of fish, the scent of Eli became too much for him to handle, and it made him suspicious. He asked, "What did you do? Roll around in his...scent...markers..." His voiced died down as he made it to the bottom, his eyes wide as he caught the sight of a large brown shape getting closer to the tree. Ocean stared at him, "What?" Her head turned, eyes widening, and she didn't need an answer. The large bear saw them, his eyes on the remaining pieces of fish and he let out a loud snarl as he charged, the sound leaving a rather angry echo. Pete was already half up his tree to get away while Ocean swore under her breath and took off running.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:55:56 am by ?????????????t??? »

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 10:16:31 pm »

Name: Fashan
Species: Red Fox
Mate: Nyota
Personality: Fashan is stubborn and a bit selfish of a fox. He is playful and adventurous when around his family and friends, but to strangers, he can become defensive and hotheaded.
Background: Fashan was born to two red foxes, and had a brother named Cemel. After an incident which killed both his parents, Fashan left with his brother until meeting another fox named Nyota. Obviously, they became pretty close, and by the time they reached adulthood Cemel had left them while Nyota and Fashan started their own life together.
Other:
-Has a silver coat

Name: Nyota
Species: Red Fox
Mate: Fashan
Personality: Nyota is basically the opposite of Fashan. She is hyper, selfless, and optimistic.
Background: Nyota lived with her parents, until she met Fashan, and decided to leave at a young age to travel with him.
Other: none

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 11:20:28 pm »
(~Accepted, jump right in~ And Fashan reminds me of a silver fox breed. Very pretty coats)

Offline seopard

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 01:02:31 am »
Swift

Swift was lured on the scent of semi fresh fish, and on silent paws, he neared the source of the delicious smell. His steps faltered slightly when he picked up the faint smell of bear, but the lion dismissed the scent and kept going; he had to find something for his sister to eat. However after his ears registered the drumming sound of paws nearing, he halted. A small coyote like canine passed Swift in a blur, almost knocking the male off his feet."Hmm, I wonder where she's go-" his speech faltered as a shadow was cast on the ground from behind him, and he slowly turned his head only to be met with a loud roar. "Crap." Swift gulped before taking off after the canine, a large swipe of claws barely missing his tail.