Author Topic: Over-authorative players  (Read 5171 times)

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: Over-authorative players
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 04:38:19 pm »
*Kicks the rude staff member off her high horsie*
Okay...dat woman was rude!
I agree that someone like that is beyond horrid for even acting that way. Seeing staff like that tend to make me leave the groups because it's like, "Why be in this group if I am not allowed to have fun?" So in all honesty dear just leave dat group. Kick it to the curb you are way too good for it. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 09:16:59 pm »
Enforcing rules is one thing, being overly 'power hungry' is another.
I've seen this quite a few times. It's usually when people feel they over power another just because thei 'staff' of the rp, when really, they just help out. If someone is being a bully, there is always staff to help out with the situation regarding bullying or harassment of any kind. But if someone is just trying to run you into the dirt, leaving the group to get out of the situation may also help.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 08:45:46 pm »
You guys were right, I left that group and found another /way/ better WC RP group. I left and I told them exactly why: their staff were jerks. And then while i'm in the cape, they have the /nerve/ to WHISPER ME with some long paragraph about what I did wrong and that I was banned from the group. I was like
honey. Get off. of. your. high. horse. I QUIT.
A few other members tried to stir up drama with me again a few days after i'd left, but other than that it was all good. Another member of that group agreed with me and left as well, so I'm glad I encouraged her to leave that kind of atmosphere too; it really can be degrading.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 10:10:05 pm »
I left and I told them exactly why: their staff were jerks. And then while i'm in the cape, they have the /nerve/ to WHISPER ME with some long paragraph about what I did wrong and that I was banned from the group. I was like
honey. Get off. of. your. high. horse. I QUIT.

oh my god!! i had the same situation with another warrior cat roleplay of mine; i set 'em a detailed message of how i constantly felt bullied by the head admin, victimized, and accused of stealing when i did absolutely nothing. and i was deputy in this group, too! and guess what? because i had left, i was banned.

the worst thing though is when your sister is in said roleplay and won't stop talking about it when you make it so so clear that you don't want anything to do w/ their lame excuse for staffers

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Stuck in Limbo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Paradise Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 10:25:17 pm »
Oh my gawd, these types of players drive me insane!

I experienced this last May when I joined a Wolf RP (I'm not going to use any names!) but it was so strictly run. You had to be completely realistic in color, your name must be European and you must post in the present tense with at least two paragraphs. I had problems becoming used to this as I tend to rp in the present tense and I like unique names so I named my wold Hsiao-Ning. The leader went crazy on me (in group, by the way not whisper) and threatened to kick me. But I managed to get that sorted.
But I have my exams in May so I put up a notice of absence to say I would not be very active for the next month. A day later, I got onto my character to find I had been kicked! When I confronted the owner saying that I had put up a notice, they chewed me out saying you had to be on EVERYDAY and no absences for more than three days. They wouldnt let me back in and said I could come back after my exams.

So yeah I never went back to that rp. And you know what? By the next month it had died out because of, guess what, exams and school. Exactly for what I got kicked for. People like that really need to chill.

Rumble, OUT!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:28:00 pm by Rumble_Fish »

Tomoko ?

Offline Stuck in Limbo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Paradise Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 10:26:39 pm »

Tomoko ?

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 12:04:06 am »
If the members of your old role-play continue to harass you I suggest you PM staff about it. We don't want them to be an issue, and then start to take a liking to bullying you. Yet if you don't wish to take that approach then just block the ones being butt faces. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 02:25:24 am »
Ah. These over-authoritive players.

I've had a few experiences with them, too. They take these things too far to their head and never turn back...some people are just like that.

My best resolution for you (like many of the wonderful people here have already contributed) is to leave the rp. Soon enough, they may realize why so many people are leaving their rp, and they'll take a closer look inside themselves.

~Best of luck to you and your rps. It's good to see someone here recognizing the issues with roleplays and being able to identify them.~

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

DreamerDay

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 02:28:18 am »
People feel the need to act rude once they begin to see their deserve of something is growing big and noticeable. All I can say is just leave. Don't waste your time with fake people.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 02:48:14 am »
Oh people like this are EVERYWHERE in this game, mostly the literate groups. Like I can relate to your situation:

I remeber joking this pack who was super active and wanted everyone online all the time. So I had to explain to him; "Dude I have school. Also divorced parents, so activity will have little bumps."
Then he went off at me, saying he'll ban me or something. So I just left the pack with a handful of others.

But it seems that the super literate people act superior to everyone, more less the high ranks of the group. So I carefully choose my high rank peeps.

Otherwise, keep it cool dude.