Author Topic: Worst Group You've Ever Joined  (Read 6828 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Group You've Ever Joined
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 04:28:07 pm »
There are a lot of things I don't like in groups, which is why I don't join them unless they're run by someone I can trust.

But some things that really tick me off in groups:

-Only high ranks actually roleplay together, with everyone else just talking to themselves in a corner

-Spends all their time recruiting, and no one wants to actually rp until everyone is offline.

-The people who say they have <insert some huge number here>+ members, but really only have a few.

-When people contradict you and tell you that you're doing something wrong in the middle of a rp. Like yelling "Our pack can't eat rabbits. We can only eat deer you idiot."

-Those who think they're superior because they are extremely literate.

-When people tell you to change your name and or appearance in order to join.

-Drama. Just so much drama. IC and OOC are the same thing to them, and if you attack their character, they're your enemy for life.

-Attention seekers. Why do the pups/kits/cubs always feel the need to die some slow terrible death within 3 minutes of being born?

-When one person decides everything that happens. They say when it's day or night, they can make the camp flood, they can "summon" some random dragon to run in and kill everyone, they drive the entire plot into madness.

This list can go on forever really. These are just the big things. (Even if most of them have already been said.)

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 04:38:32 pm »
I'm obviously not going to point out the group, (not that I can even remember the name of it or the name of the members), but I was so excited! I'd seen these guys roleplaying before and it looked like a very friendly, fun loving environment. So I took my chances and asked if I could join. They told me that there was an initiation so in my head I was like, "Okay..so probably some kind of roleplay sample," but noooo. They wanted me to roleplay fight their alpha.

At this point I was a bit nervous because different groups have different out-takes on how fighting is "supposed" to be roleplayed. But I went ahead and tried it, but no sooner had I finished my first post they told me I wasn't accepted. Now, of course I argued in asking why, and they told me it was because:

1. I wasn't violent enough
2. I power-hit (Now, I know what godmodding and power-hitting is, and I can assure, I'd done no such thing)
3. "How dare I attack their alpha

So I responded with a snark comment about how they shouldn't have asked me to rp fight with their alpha if that wasn't the right thing to do.

Needless to say, I got out of there ASAP, because I just could not handle their way of thinking xP But aside from my sad story, I've got to agree with everyone else's generic "Do's and Don'ts" when it comes to what makes a 'bad' roleplay.

You are amazing <3

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 05:23:10 pm »
I'm not gonna mention any group specifically but--

Man, I've in some bad groups.

- Where the leaders can't control their members. I know this might seem a little harsh-- but if your gonna create a group, and you can't control your members. It's pretty embarrasing for yourself.

- Where the group demands you have a specific look.

- Those who think they're superior because they can type a few words with 'tassle' and 'auds' in it.

- When people don't say 'welcome' or 'welcome back.' It makes your group look unfriendly or uncaring for their members.

- When people spend more time recruiting than rping.

- Where the members will make certain uncomfortable jokes and the leader doesn't do anything about it.

yeah :>

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline Shine365

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 06:01:15 pm »
hard choice cuz i have been in many groups sadly most of them have been rude or haven't even cared about another peoples of the group so rude or only just have been un active what hardens the "team work" of the group.
Hi everyone :)

Offline Shine365

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 06:04:11 pm »
There are a lot of things I don't like in groups, which is why I don't join them unless they're run by someone I can trust.

But some things that really tick me off in groups:

-Only high ranks actually roleplay together, with everyone else just talking to themselves in a corner

-Spends all their time recruiting, and no one wants to actually rp until everyone is offline.

-The people who say they have <insert some huge number here>+ members, but really only have a few.

-When people contradict you and tell you that you're doing something wrong in the middle of a rp. Like yelling "Our pack can't eat rabbits. We can only eat deer you idiot."

-Those who think they're superior because they are extremely literate.

-When people tell you to change your name and or appearance in order to join.

-Drama. Just so much drama. IC and OOC are the same thing to them, and if you attack their character, they're your enemy for life.

-Attention seekers. Why do the pups/kits/cubs always feel the need to die some slow terrible death within 3 minutes of being born?

-When one person decides everything that happens. They say when it's day or night, they can make the camp flood, they can "summon" some random dragon to run in and kill everyone, they drive the entire plot into madness.

This list can go on forever really. These are just the big things. (Even if most of them have already been said.)
so true sadly so true...
Hi everyone :)

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »
The only groups I can think of are the very inactive and illiterate groups I joined back when I use to role play 24/7.

The sad thing is, that they said that they were literate yet, I saw much lack of grammar and punctuation.
Inactivity created a boring and less enjoyable group, if you ask me.
And then there were the groups that had the "realistic-semi realistic" characters which weren't as realistic as you hoped them to be.

But that's just my opinion on what makes a boring and rather disappointing group.

I'd rather not call a group 'bad', because these floofs obviously take time in recruiting and gathering members to have a good time in role playing with, but there are quite disappointing ones.
Side account for Sigyn

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 06:46:49 pm »
I told this story about a hundred times, but it was a pretty bad experience for me.

A couple of years ago (i think 2013) I saw an advertisement for a free-roam roleplay. You could be any animal you can imagine and there was a big map to come with it. I thought it was pretty darn cool at first. I contacted the advertiser and they invited me to a party chat with several other people. They told me to create a roleplay example with 5 posts. I was puzzled, I thought it was weird. That's a bit too much for roleplaying. Otherwise, I did it, and I did the best I can. After like 5 minutes of posting an unnecessary lengthy roleplay post, they told me I wasn't accepted because I made "a lot of" spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes. They also told me to go back to Bonfire where I belong and roleplay there because I was "illiterate". I told them that I have a laggy computer (the computer I was using was really trashy and did not run feralheart that good) so that's why i may have made spelling and punctuation mistakes, but they called me a liar and told me that I was just an illiterate noob. Torn and angry, I insulted them back and left the party. They kinda lowered my self-esteem, and it's mostly the fact that I don't really go on the game anymore.

I also hate groups with "baseball strikes". I once was in a warrior cat roleplay as a kit, and I was really bored and barely anyone was on, so I ventured out of the queen's den and out in the open to get a drink of water. When I came back to the campsite, a leader from another clan gave me two strikes for venturing out of the campsite, and I forgot the other reason. In baseball you have three strikes before you are out of the game, so if I made one more offense (most likely on accident or for petty things) they would kick me out of the roleplay. I find that absurd that a leader from another clan gave me two.

This was mentioned before, but there are roleplays that become inactive the second day, even if they said they are active. It's hilarious tbh.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:49:22 pm by OhKelseyYou »

Offline KonaTheSiamese

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Internally crying about Fred from HP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 08:41:08 pm »
Ah, everyone here has posted good examples! :D Here is my tale of woe:

A few months back, I was on a Warrior Cat character. Since I was bored, I decided to find a Clan. I finally found one
(I won't name any names) that looked nice. We sat at the SB for a bit, and then went to the camp. Us members were
shown around by the leader, and, since it was night, I decided to post my cat starting to fall asleep.
Silence.
Nobody except me was posting. At first, I thought, "Maybe they're just typing a long post?"
Continued silence.
I was starting to get sick of waiting, so I just decided to leave the Clan. I know, posting about your cat sucking
on its paw while sleeping might get boring, but I expected just ONE other person to speak!  ::)
Having extreme problems that prevent me from downloading the game; I will update this when I can get back on.

Offline Codaxunion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Tralalaa
    • Queen-Zafira
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 10:30:43 pm »
I joined one group with my wolf Crow, they were downright rude just because they were higher ranking, so when one of the older members killed off his character. They asked what we thought of him, I told him I did not like him he said very rude things to my cousin and they called me, "disrespectful little crow." Or said "Shut up stupid you don't know that." When I point out she sent me pictures, they kicked me out even thought they ASKED what WE thought of him. I told him what they did was wrong, they tried to say they were better then me. I told them, "If anybody is better then anybody, I'm better then ALL of you because I didn't ask the whole group a question then get mad when I got an answer I did not like." Then walked off

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 10:40:28 pm »
I once joined a WARRIORS RP group. The leader, oh my goodness.

This leader was.. Wow..
She literally took one of the names from the original book series and used it saying she came up with it herself. She appointed her best friend the deputy, and the deputy didn't even read or know what WARRIORS was, so I was like "Are you series? *-*"

Then the members, they hardly even did any roleplay and instead fooled around.
They were even breaking some of the rules, so I left.
I didn't want to seem mean, so I didn't report them  (even though I should have. >:C)
When I made a video for them and posted it on Youtube, they started acting a bit more different. Too late I deleted the video. >:P