0 (0%)
Laughing At Inappropriate Times
11 (16.2%)
Generally Doing Something Inappropriate At The Wrong Time
8 (11.8%)
Other (Reply)
5 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Bad Habits...  (Read 2783 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Bad Habits...
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:42:25 am »
Greetings reader!
I was kind of curious about how many members on the forums have a bad habit (like me) and which those bad habits are.
So, what are your bad habits?

Be sure to fill in the poll, too!
(YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE 5, SO CHOOSE YOUR TOP ONES)
-----------------------
My bad habits are biting and chewing on both my nails and lips, but only when I'm nervous.
I do click my pens, and I do wear hairbands on my wrist from time to time (The reason this is bad is because it's said it cuts blood circulation off from getting to your hand). I also do laughing at inappropriate times, and generally doing something inappropriate at the wrong times (Like a "That's What She Said!" joke when the classroom is silent).

I also pace around my room (biting my nails or chewing my lips, sometimes), talking to myself (But it's more of talking to myself in a loud whisper voice), and not speaking up loudly in public such as at school or a resturant.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Habits...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:47:46 pm »
Oh gosh.
I have too many.
I have a real bad habit of biting my nails as well.
But a worse one for has gotta be laughing at inappropriate times.
I laugh whenever I feel awkward, so I laugh when I'm getting yelled at, laugh awkwardly when I'm talking to someone I've never met before, on the phone, etc.

The one that always gets me though is using the nearest item as drumsticks or a drum set.
I guess probably because I'm a drummer, so it's just something I unconsciously without thinking about.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:50:30 pm by Jackkdaw »
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 01:43:23 pm »
I have me own collection of bad habits as well, aye.

From time to time, there have been times Vespian has chewed on the nails, although more severe than that is I tend to chew on the very flesh of my hands and the inside of my cheeks. T'is due to anxiety and it occurs impulsively and subconsciously. What's bad about it is once I begin to chew, it's difficult to stop. Countless times I've made my hands and inside of my mouth bleed as a result. Although over recent months, the habit has gotten better.
I share the similiarity of laughin' when I should not. It occurs mainly when Vespian is nervous or under pressure. A majority of this has already been explained by madam Jackdaw.
Lastly, whenever I'm endulged in somethin' (mainly be it research or just fiddlin' over my own thoughts), I tend to murmur whatever's on my mind underneath my breath. This doesn't happen a lot but when it does, kinda makes I seem a bit out of sorts speakin' rapidly in low whispers. Me guesses that's deemed a bad habit.

Also, sayin' this mere in case, I'd appreciate it if those sharin' their habits keep it appropriate, knowin' good and well some habits are best left unmentioned here.
gone

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 04:56:58 pm »
What does me do...

Biting lips, not that hard luckily, also because of dry skin layers
Placing objects on their place neatly sometimes, I'm much of a neat person
Whenever I think about something, I say what I think about it, which CAN result having weird faces turning at me, but I don't care.
Pulling or biting off those little dry bits of skin on the sides of the nails
Probably a major thing I might do as well every time I get that chance, using the nearest stick-shaped object as drumsticks or my own fingers. Never been a drummer, but I like to play rhythm once in a while. (honestly I don't see is as a bad habit, but while I was typing this I began again, it feels good.)
I make weird sounds out of the blue
Overhinking something that's not worth even thinking about so much
When actually thinking about something, showing it on the outside. I seem to look angry when I think about something..
And yes, I'll keep others unmentioned.

That's all for now.
Av - AzureHowlShliach

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 05:16:04 pm »
I have many that I find infuriating and that I can't seem to help;

I do keep at least two hairbands on my wrist normally for no reason at all. I rarely tie my hair up and when I do, I need a hairbrush that I usually keep in my bag which sort of defeats the purpose of me wearing the bands on my wrist. This results in me having seemingly permanent red lines running around my wrists where the the hairbands are kept that I find highly unnatractive.

I've always clicked me teeth when I'm nervous or excited about something. No, Sherlolly, you're not allowed to do something normal like biting your nails. It's just recently progressed into me clicking my fingers and I have to go to the doctor's soon because the muscles in my fingers are very painful. *claps*

My most annoying habit is me examining the ends of my hair. I don't play with them or smile them or chew them, I inspect them. It started when I noticed my split ends and I would pull my hairs apart for hours on end. So now, merely out of habit, I will just sit there and stare at the ends of my hair. 0.o
;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

If you need any help around the forums, feel free to PM me :3

Offline OchreKangaroo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 06:07:02 pm »
Let me see here. Let's see what my Bad habits are.
Firstly, the worst is probably biting my nails. It was going all well until I wanted to try it out, because my brother used to bite his nails and I couldn't figure out why, and here I am, biting my nails. I can't stop, but it has gotten a little bit better. Now it is my brother not biting his nails and me biting mine, things changed around heh. The thing is, I only bite my nails when nervous.. so in school basically.. sometimes. Ah, laughing at inappropriate times. Just when it's not the time to laugh, I tend to laugh and then everyone just stares at me and shakes their heads.. just like "no.. just no..". Clicking a pen, ah. Always when I get my hands on a pen, I just click it non-stop even though usually, my teacher hates me doing that. *click* *click* *click*. Biting my lips also, but I don't tend to bite them too often. Just when I'm nervous or because I think it's fun? lel I'm weird.  I also tend to talk to myself. ;-; *starts playing the lonely song* Loooonely.. I am so looonely. But the good thing is, I talk to myself very, and I mean very rarely. So.. thank god for that.

Rawr.

Siggy by fabulous Buffy! Thank you <3 <3

In-game username: OchreKangaroo.
You will see me in Bonfire.

Need any help, PM me <3

Offline .Ghostly.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • help me polarize
    • fzzysocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 06:19:21 pm »
I have anxiety so I have plenty of bad habits.
1. I sway when I'm standing
2. I tap my foot when I'm standing/sitting
3. I chew on my nails
4. I mess with the ends of my hair
5. I chew on my lip
6. I put my hands together behind my back or just have one hand on my other arm
7. I look around constantly
8. I chew on my sleeves when I'm wearing long sleeves when I'm nervous
Yeah.. It sucks.

fry bread obsessed smol bean
Ingame user: .Ghostly.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 08:55:38 pm »
I have a habit of cracking my knuckles and toes and such all the time, chewing my hair once in a while, and tapping at random times. Also just randomly brushing through my hair.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 10:59:07 pm »
Lol, I was already randomly running my hand through my hair randomly as I read that, Turtlex. xD

As I read some of these, I'm glad to see some people who can relate! <3
Some habits I didn't mention is...
Like Vespian, I sometimes bite the inside of my cheek or even at the flesh of my fingers (but only when I have no more nails to bite), because I too have anxiety.
I'm a insomniac, paranoic, I have mild social anxiety, and I have anxiety in general. I rarely get panic attacks from my anxiety. o3o
I also tap my foot or fingers sometimes, and I can never sit still.
I also sway, too...
Also, I got into the habit of snappin' my fingers too once.  I eventually came over that, though.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 11:11:52 pm »
Oh, and I used to have a habit of blinking one eye and then the other to make sure I could see out of both eyes haha. Luckily I quit that a long time ago.