Author Topic: Umnedni Pride Role Play  (Read 32514 times)

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Bamidele Lions Of Dodoma
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Siblings; ADOPTED
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 10:49:34 pm »
OOC: I liked it, maybe a stepfather could come in later if Marna gets a mate :)

Awiti had a puzzled look on her face after her mother had spoken the words about the eating order to her.  She picked herself up off the ground and shook lose all the dirt and debri which had clung to her fur as she napped. Small cluds of dust formed around her body as she shook her pelt almost completly clean, using her tounge to get anything else off that was bothering to her. After one long stretch Awiti headed over to the antelopes body and took huge bites hardly taking time to chew, thats when she  heard Runo ask thier mother where she had been the past couple of hours.  She immediatly stopped eating looked at thier mother in distress and confusion. Where had she been this whole time? Awiti's eyebrows raised in curiosity as she waited for thier moher to respond.

During this pause Awiti's mind started racing to the past and how thier mother had raised her and her siblings with no help at all. While thier mother Marna had taught them each important values and the basics of life, Awiti couldnt help but long for more. Runo had been the closest thing to a father figure she had all her life and this troubled her greatly. How could the pride expand if Runo declined being the dominant male, or even worse what if somone chalanged him and tried to take over this family pride. Awiti  became troubled as these thoughts would not leave her mind.

kerma

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 11:04:44 pm »
Marna smiled at Runo. "I went for a short walk and watched the sun rise," she said gently. She nodded toward a rise not to far off. "It was the perfect place to watch the hunt." She sat down and took a deep breath. She wasn't an old lioness. In fact she was in her prime, but her heart problems and experiences had aged her greatly. She wanted to make sure she taught her children all she could before she left them for good. She knew she would be taken from them sooner then most mothers, and she had to make sure they knew how to survive.

Marna looked after the now gone herd of antelope. "Next time," she began, "take down the creature as quickly and painlessly as possible." She stood and moved over to Runo to use as a model for the others and himself. "It's only fair to kill the poor animals as quickly as possible since they are what sustain us. The best way to do that is to trick them. With all four of you, all you need to do is have two of you seperate the animal from the herd and herd it to another who will trip it up and the last makes the kill." Marna gently nudged Runo's throat. "Either break the neck or rip the airway. They kill almost instantly and make it a cleaner easier kill." She sat next to Awiti and nudged her, noticing she was concerned about something and trying to calm her.

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 01:10:23 am »
Awiti forced a smile, these thoughts shouldnt be as concerning as her mothers health. She nuzzled thier mother and laid down at her side. The cool night air was a relief from the usualy scortching sun and her fur felt good as a breeze came and hit her  from every direction.  Awiti Sighed and looked over her family mebers one by one. Runo looked concerned but content and his muscular body always seemed tense. Thier mother and her sandy pelt with muddy patches made her nearly invisible and in her prime and healthy days she must of been a great hunter. Little Muren whose mane already was coming in thick and beautiful just like Runo's. Then Awiti looked lastly at her sister who was growing more mature each day and surely she would have a mate without looking to hard.

Awiti then puzzled herself by trying to find her own defining qualities. Self concious? Is that all that I am Awiti asked herself. I need to make myself known she smirked but in the dark she hoped no one saw it. She then laid her head on her paws and looked up at the night sky listening to the sounds of the night.

OOC: Do you guys have any interest in making a actual pride rp? We could take in outsiders or let in our mates if anyone has/or gets one . =P let me know what you all think ^^

oXButterflyKissesXo

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 01:19:43 am »
Runo nodded his head and smiled briefly before walking past his mother and laying down next to Awiti. She seemed troubled, so he could possibly offer her some kind of comfort if she so chose to confide in him with her personal issues. The night was fast approaching them and they were probably getting tired.

OOC: I actually wanted to make a pride...I just didn't know if you all would be down with it. xD

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 01:47:32 am »
OOC: I'm game haha XD we need a pride name which I'm not so good with haha

Awiti felt comfortable surrounded by her siblings and mother thier warmth made her feel safe and she could easily drift off to sleep

oXButterflyKissesXo

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 02:48:21 pm »
OOC: But please, if we're going to give this pride a name, we're going to have to give it something not-so dramatic. There is too much usage of 'Twilight' or 'Black'...sometimes combined. Urks me. But, what do you guys think? I'd make the thread obviously in the packs forum, but yes, we'd need a name. I was thinking maybe a word or two in another language (African, ect.) that mean something-- not many times do we have prides who focus their names on other languages. What do you guys think?

kerma

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 03:04:59 pm »
OOC: Umndeni means family in Zulu!

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »
OOC: love is upendo in swahili or uthando in zulu  but i really like Umndeni aswell :3

oXButterflyKissesXo

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »
OOC: Wow, that took me a long time to try and pronounce. xD All three of them. Fail much? Haha. I like them all, but I gotta say that Kerma's suggestion, Umndeni, is my favorite. Maybe though we could combine them somehow? Like "the Umnedni Uthando pride"? I dunno. What do you all think? :3

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 12:19:26 am »
OOC: thats a mouth full haha Umnedni I like a lot though =)