Author Topic: I'm the last loveboat  (Read 2469 times)

wolfdog01

I'm the last loveboat
« on: May 23, 2015, 04:22:30 am »
Okay so, all of my friends are either in relationships or have been in one, and my last single friend just hooked up but Idk if it will last. But anyways, I feel like so left out and alone when I think about this. There was one guy who would kiss my cheek, hug me everyday, he even asked me to the movies but he couldn't make it. Then after about a month of this, once I got his number and we texted EVERYDAY, I asked him if we were more than friends and he said he just wanted to stay friends. Now he doesn't text me as much but he is still lovedovey to me. I don't get it and I just feel lonely. I have never been with anyone and I'm tired of getting depressed at night when I think of all of the couples I see and how these people are talking about their relationships. Everyone thought that I would be the FIRST to get a relationship and now I am last. My mom tells me that I need to flirt but I KNOW my friends didn't. I cry sometimes about this. Yeah it's bad I know...so...any advice? Tips? What should I do?

P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong section ^^;

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: I'm the last loveboat
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 04:31:23 am »
Honey, you definitely do not need to flirt.

You don't need to be in a relationship, in all honesty.
And you shouldn't feel left out because of that.

Although I do know where you're coming from(Though my mother had told me the opposite, in fact), and you should not tear yourself up about it.

Love will come on it's own time, as it does not have a schedule.

My tip will be to distract yourself with other things, keep focused, do vent art, rant it off to close friends, and just try to keep an eye open for this.

And keep in check the difference between lust and love.

Being in a relationship is not all it's cracked up to be.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 03:13:38 pm »
WarKat makes a very good point.

So here's what I know.

You don't NEED ANY relationship. Relationships are a bonding and trust between two people who are physically and emotionally attracted to each other. Therefore, if the physical attraction and the emotional attraction isn't there, there's no relationship.

I can completely relate to how you're feeling. I've never had a boy kiss me, never had my hand held, etc, anything like that. All of my friends (which happens to be only one, so I must admit, I probably know less about dating statistics than I care to admit) have boyfriends, and sometimes I feel strange because I've never had one.

Not a big deal. Relationships develop at different times for different people. Just because everyone else has one does not mean you should have one. Relationships should form only when you're ready for one...not because you're desperate.

As far as your friends' relationships, they could be "dating" just because it's "cool" and everyone else is doing it...not to mention the difference between "love" and "lust," like WarKat mentioned.

If you want to be more than friends with the boy you're talking about, just try to be his best friend and always be there for him. But don't feel confined to his company strictly.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. (I know, I know, it's hard not to think about it when it's literally the only thing you're thinking about!) Love comes and goes at its own pace. I find that the more I look for love, the harder it is to find. So if you're consistently NOT looking for it, it might just show up when you least expect it.

And don't worry about that flirting nonsense. If flirting isn't your thing, don't do it, because you don't want a relationship where you're not comfortable being yourself.

WarKat so graciously mentioned (again) that distracting yourself is a great tactic.- This works well for me, and when I'm doing something I enjoy, I find it very rewarding. Sorting your priorities from a relationship to hobbies, friends, art, music, etc.., will make you feel better.

Plus, focus on how you're feeling. Sometimes we want relationships because we're lonely or want to experience something that every describes as being so amazing, but the truth is many of the relationships one will encounter in life end in some sort of heartbreak. Don't rush into things. A relationship can be great, but you have to go at your own pace. When YOU'RE ready. Not when your mom thinks you're ready, not when your friends think you're ready...not your peers either.

Just occupy your time with things you enjoy, and don't stress too much about it.

And hey, being single is awesome. There's nothing to hold you back, nothing to distract you as far as relationships go, and being single can give one a sense of freedom. And freedom is good. :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:16:10 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 02:37:54 pm »
Thank you two for your advice. One of my friends, who is always hugging me and kissing me, but just wanted to be friends, has asked me to the movies again, I am hoping this is a sign that he has changed his mind. And most of my friend's relationships didn't last very long. My thing is that I am the LAST one, like I don't care if it would only be for a little bit, I just want someone to cuddle with and to want me, ya know? The whole sex thing isn't that appealing to me, I'll do that when I'm ready. I just want someone I can call more than a friend. I'm entering in 11th grade next year as a 17 year old, and I did feel strange when I had never had someone. I usually am able to distract myself with all sorts of things, it's when I see my friend with their partner or before I am about to sleep is when it bothers me. But, once again, thank you for the advice <3

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:08:27 pm »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:33:12 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

DreamerDay

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 09:18:35 pm »
If your planning to find a relationship, just let say this.

The boy doesn't have to be cute to get your attention. --I'm not saying he should be ugly too,but he should be between. Like, you know, a type of guy who isn't just up for sex nor a rushy relationship. It's always good to take a slow. And hell, if those people think who are your friends,say he's ugly and laughs when u do something stupid,they're probably aren't good friends. Just friends to show off and talk bad about you. Just not to long ago, I just had that moment and was very uncomfortable.

Anyway, that's just an advice. Good luck.

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:29:27 pm »
^ Yes, you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. Try to think more about improving yourself and your personality. To be honest, guys will notice you a lot more when ur not noticing them. Its weird but it worked for me.
pm for free art i need practice

DreamerDay

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:36:24 pm »
^ Yes, you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. Try to think more about improving yourself and your personality. To be honest, guys will notice you a lot more when ur not noticing them. Its weird but it worked for me.
Yes, this happen to me. When I'm walking my dog, minding my own business, they be trying to get with me. I be like why me?

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 09:45:46 pm »
Yes, this happen to me. When I'm walking my dog, minding my own business, they be trying to get with me. I be like why me?

Psh. He's obviously interested in your dog...

Kidding, kidding. I'm sure you're awesome with and without your dog. xD

DreamerDay

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 09:47:57 pm »

Psh. He's obviously interested in your dog...

Kidding, kidding. I'm sure you're awesome with and without your dog. xD

You know, you're probably right. xD But guys think I'm 18...but I'm actually not...I don't know men are preverts  these days.