Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 9029 times)

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
Re: Gay Marriage
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 06:55:36 pm »
Probably a bad example, but change the man to a... say... African, Jewish or Mexican man and then you get the idea?  All hate crimes should be punished equally with no offense being higher.  If you terrorize an African person you get the same sentence you would if you terrorized a homosexual person. Sorry for the un-clear-ness.
...In my pants.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 07:37:17 pm »
1. Are you for or against gay marriage?
100% for it. I see nothing wrong with gay marriage.

2. Does it ruin the sanctity or marriage?
Not at all.

3. Should gay couples be able to raise children?
YES! Of course they should! Everyone should be allowed to.

4. Should people committing hate crimes towards gay people get harsher punishments?
Crime is crime. The punishment should not be any less of a punishment even if it was a homosexual.

5. Should the U.S. military keep 'don't ask don't tell' ? - Note; 'Don't ask, don't tell' was repealed but laws can always be changed. Also, a lot of people in the military are still going by it out of fear. If you answer that question, take that into consideration.
I don't think they should... But that's me. And I didn't really understand it. xD

6. And should being homosexual be illegal?
NO. That's just not right. I see nothing wrong with being homosexual. Love is love, no matter who you fall for.

Spring

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 08:09:57 pm »
1. Are you for or against gay marriage?
Not in the slightest, I'm straight, but I think that male or female, gay or straight, black, white, blue or pink anyone who wants to express love for each other by means of a marriage have the right.

2. Does it ruin the sanctity or marriage?
Not in any way shape or form.

3. Should gay couples be able to raise children?
Definitely!!! Being homosexual should have no effect on people being able to raise children. (In fact I want my best friend's mum's gay friend to be my dad -no offence to my dad of course-)

4. Should people committing hate crimes towards gay people get harsher punishments?
It shouldn't affect who does the crime, a crime is a crime and the punishments shouldn't change because of who did it or who the victim was.

5. Should the U.S. military keep 'don't ask don't tell' ? - Note; 'Don't ask, don't tell' was repealed but laws can always be changed. Also, a lot of people in the military are still going by it out of fear. If you answer that question, take that into consideration.
I don't really understand this. >.<

6. And should being homosexual be illegal?
A COMPLETE AND UTTER NO! I think this is just awful, anyone should have the right to love anyone else, no matter who they are, what they believe, what they look like or what their gender is.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 08:26:43 pm »
Are you for or against gay marriage?
For! 100% for for for. Any who are in love deserve to get married. They deserve equal rights just as anyone else in the world.

Does it ruin the sanctity or marriage?
Definitely not.

Should gay couples be able to raise children?
Of course! There are plenty of children who need homes out there! Why leave them with no proper living condition just because of someone's preferences?

Should people committing hate crimes towards gay people get harsher punishments?
They deserve the death penalty. 'Nuff said.

Should the U.S. military keep 'don't ask don't tell' ? - Note; 'Don't ask, don't tell' was repealed but laws can always be changed. Also, a lot of people in the military are still going by it out of fear. If you answer that question, take that into consideration.
I don't get it. :/

And should being homosexual be illegal?
NO. Definitely not. Just because someone is different doesn't mean they should be treated like this.

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 12:27:40 am »
Do what you want people!

NO!

As long as they WILL raise the child! At least the kid can have a nice home

Should people committing hate crimes towards gay people get harsher punishments?
If it is harsher for someone making a hate crime against homosexuals then its almost like saying "Hate crime against an African - 5 years. Hate crime against a Homosexual - 10 years." Just by saying "hate crimes against homosexuals should be punished harsher" you are making a wrong point!

Should the U.S. military keep 'don't ask don't tell' ?
IDK!

Do whatever you want! As long as they are not causing trouble its OK!

(No one twist my words and make me sound Homophobic Please!)
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!

TealSkeletore

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 12:44:13 am »
Are you for or against gay marriage? AGAINST. RAAEEG
Does it ruin the sanctity or marriage?  YEESSS
Should gay couples be able to raise children? NOOOOO
Should people committing hate crimes towards gay people get harsher punishments? NOOO
Should the U.S. military keep 'don't ask don't tell' YEEEESS
And should being homosexual be illegal? YEEEESSS

If you can't tell, I'm joking. XDD

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 02:19:35 am »
Just for the record, No person in their right mind is gonna come on here and say no!
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!

Liekos

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 02:26:27 am »
Indeed,
but i had a mini heart attack at Teal's post xD

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 02:42:15 am »
In almost every controversial topic, I play 'Switzerland.' I don't have an opinion on most things, I just sort of go with the flow~ THIS, HOWEVER, is one of the only things I have an opinion on, and its VERY strong.

Are you for or against gay marriage? 100% For. It doesn't make sense to be against it- although, I will admit, in my very ignorant middle school age, I was homophobic. And it was only because I was ignorant and arrogant- I'd never actually met a gay person and just judged them based on how my peers felt about them- which, unfortunately, was a very negative image. When I got to high school, I realized my wrong. Why shouldn't people that love each other be able to get married? That's like, some people like peanut butter and jelly. Some people like just peanut butter. Are you saying people that just like peanut butter can't eat sandwiches? That's just... dumb.

Does it ruin the sanctity or marriage? No. Love has no color, love as no orientation. All is love.

Should gay couples be able to raise children? Of course! I know people that were raised by a lesbian couple. They raised them just as well, perhaps better, than any average straight couple.

Should people committing hate crimes towards gay people get harsher punishments? Wait, now that I read this question again, I'm a little confused on what it is asking xD

Should the U.S. military keep 'don't ask don't tell' ? Of course not. I'm glad they repealed it- it's a step in the right direction. If people want to fight for our country, it shouldn't matter gay straight or bi- that should not be a deciding factor if the person wants to fight for the US.

And should being homosexual be illegal? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Being gay is NOT a choice, so that's like saying its illegal to exist...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:45:56 am by Ringo »

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 03:16:24 am »
All for it. Seriously, I don't know why they shouldn't? It's no different from heterosexual marriage. -besides, they might be less agressive.

No. . Marriage is with two people, gay, lesbian or otherwise.

As long they don't pressure them to be gay/lesbian, its all good. Besides, the world have enough kids as it is now and some are WILLING to be adopted to a loving family. The ones in the hospital/foster home, that is.

That's like if hating one's race, you get punished more hard. Feelings' mutual.

Should the U.S. military keep 'don't ask don't tell' ?
In a nutshell, yeah.

Wtf- No? I have actually met a lesbian couple in my school. Even have a program about "Gay/Straight Alliance" 'bout equality. Everyone is cool with them.

Ayyy~