Author Topic: Your Thoughts On Plastic $urgery?  (Read 3309 times)

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
Re: Your Thoughts On Plastic $urgery?
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 08:34:58 pm »
I hate the thought of plastic surgery. God made everyone perfect. Modifying your body in unnatural ways should be heavily frowned upon. If you don't like your body, maybe try taking care of it!
I don't believe in the whole god-thing. If someone has something quite small they've always hated about themselves for a long time and have the money to fix it,
then I say go ahead.
Small modifications shouldn't be frowned upon especially when they could benefit the person with their health.
I think everyone should be able to keep working on themselves however they please in order to maintain their confidence.  
However, personally, i'm not a big fan of entire-face plastic surgery.
 In my opinion it does make them look quite fake-ish.  But if it makes them happy - I don't think anyone should stand in their way
-- not even a book of morals.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:44:25 pm by Queen- »

Master_callos

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 09:25:36 pm »
I think that if someone doesn't like something about themselves and has the money to change it then I say go ahead, all the power to 'em. Ultimately it's their choice whether they do it or not, if it makes them happier then let them be, it doesn't affect your life at all.

I'm not a huge fan of plastic surgery as a whole but if it makes them feel happier about themselves then leave them to it.

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 09:02:26 pm »
The only time plastic surgery should be performed is if it's due to severe injury or to fix a deformation, like a severe dog bite, or a damaging wound. If you're using plastic surgery as a way to look "beautiful," you're pretty much in the category of self mutilation. Oh, and also, consider the greater surgical risks, as this lady found out.

If you want to look beautiful, just be yourself.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:04:35 pm by aerotechway1 »

"Deep in contemplation."

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 10:22:26 pm »
Well, here's my bitcoin. I'm not against plastic surgery, but I'm not for it either. I think as long as it's what you want, you can go ahead and do it. Whatever floats your goat. Really, the only times when I don't like it is when it goes bad. Look at Micheal Jackson for an example. -shakes head in disgust- It just saddens me when people take it to such an extreme level that they ruin themselves. It's your body though, so do as you wish. Personally, I would rather not, but hey, if you have the money and it's what you want, go ahead and get some surgery to make your butt bigger, or your nose smaller, or whatever it is you wish.

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 01:44:01 am »
Okay so lets get into this, from what I can tell based off of what others have said the problem here is not with reconstructive surgery but rather cosmetic surgery. The question this leaves me with is why? Why does the general populace seem so opposed to cosmetic surgery? From where I'm standing it's the same vein of logic that causes a person to wear makeup, buy high end clothing or get a tattoo. Can we in good conscious condemn people who's  only goal is to achieve their own standard of beauty and have the means to do so? I don't think so, I don't believe to do so would be fair. All of us (and I do mean all of use) have  some sort of issue with some aspect of our appearance and if you have the money and access to a surgeon capable of "repairing" those flaws whose to say you can't or shouldn't resolve it?

I would also like to argue the idea that a person is most beautiful the way they were born or that in order to be beautiful one just has to be them selves. To be blunt, that is among the most pointlessly sentimental garbage I've heard, frankly humans are visual creatures and if you're not aesthetically pleasing to them you don't stand a chance. I know that it makes us all feel better to hear things like "it's inner beauty that counts" but seriously? Is there actually anyone beyond the age of ten who believes that? It's those of us who are average (or dare I say? Ugly) that are attached to the idea of inner beauty, because we know that  we're not really all that and we don't wanna deal with the knowledge that when it comes down to it some of us just aren't lucky enough to have the genetics to be beautiful and therefore are less desirable in almost every regard. In the end whats inner beauty gonna get you? "yeah Kristie's nice and all... But have you seen Lauren's figure? Hot Damn!", "thanks for auditioning you really have passion for the role, but don't expect a call back, this is suppose to be a romance not a comedy.", What I'm trying to say here is the only way to make it big in this ****ed-up world of ours is to be beautiful, no one really gives a damn about you're precious "Inner beauty"

Further more we live in a era where there is more pressure than ever to look good. Think about it, recent studies have shown that high school aged girls value looks over intelligence and if I recall my factoids about 50% of grade six girls in Ontario have at some point dieted.  What I'm trying to say here is that everyone is trying to be beautiful, if you're not trying you're in denial and if you can afford the surgery and are willing to take the risk then by all means do so!

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 03:40:00 am »
Okay so lets get into this, from what I can tell based off of what others have said the problem here is not with reconstructive surgery but rather cosmetic surgery. The question this leaves me with is why? Why does the general populace seem so opposed to cosmetic surgery? From where I'm standing it's the same vein of logic that causes a person to wear makeup, buy high end clothing or get a tattoo. Can we in good conscious condemn people who's  only goal is to achieve their own standard of beauty and have the means to do so? I don't think so, I don't believe to do so would be fair. All of us (and I do mean all of use) have  some sort of issue with some aspect of our appearance and if you have the money and access to a surgeon capable of "repairing" those flaws whose to say you can't or shouldn't resolve it?

I would also like to argue the idea that a person is most beautiful the way they were born or that in order to be beautiful one just has to be them selves. To be blunt, that is among the most pointlessly sentimental garbage I've heard, frankly humans are visual creatures and if you're not aesthetically pleasing to them you don't stand a chance. I know that it makes us all feel better to hear things like "it's inner beauty that counts" but seriously? Is there actually anyone beyond the age of ten who believes that? It's those of us who are average (or dare I say? Ugly) that are attached to the idea of inner beauty, because we know that  we're not really all that and we don't wanna deal with the knowledge that when it comes down to it some of us just aren't lucky enough to have the genetics to be beautiful and therefore are less desirable in almost every regard. In the end whats inner beauty gonna get you? "yeah Kristie's nice and all... But have you seen Lauren's figure? Hot Damn!", "thanks for auditioning you really have passion for the role, but don't expect a call back, this is suppose to be a romance not a comedy.", What I'm trying to say here is the only way to make it big in this ****ed-up world of ours is to be beautiful, no one really gives a damn about you're precious "Inner beauty"

Further more we live in a era where there is more pressure than ever to look good. Think about it, recent studies have shown that high school aged girls value looks over intelligence and if I recall my factoids about 50% of grade six girls in Ontario have at some point dieted.  What I'm trying to say here is that everyone is trying to be beautiful, if you're not trying you're in denial and if you can afford the surgery and are willing to take the risk then by all means do so!

I have to agree. I know I'm not the prettiest girl there is, but I know what you are saying is true. Maybe when you are in a relationship, being a good person is what counts, but that's beside the point here. In this world we live in now, being beautiful is the "it". Really though, humans have always been vain. Even back to Egypt, they styled their hair, and wore jewelry even after they died. They made sure that their hair stayed the same style even when mummified. In many civilizations, to be wealthy, you must be beautiful. It's the sad truth, but it's true. Like I said, I'm not against it, I'm not for it, but I don't care if people do it, because it's what they want.

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 05:11:07 am »
I think it just your choice if you want to modify your body. You shouldn't let other people really back down your choices.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 07:02:36 am »
It's anyone choice if they want to change up their own face/breasts/butt/etc, but I personally think it's unnecessary, unless for serious medical reasons. It makes your body appearance fake and unnatural, and that's like cheating your beauty status. But if someone really wants body modifications like that, it's their money, not mine, no matter how much side effects it can cause.

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 10:00:29 pm »
Okay so lets get into this, from what I can tell based off of what others have said the problem here is not with reconstructive surgery but rather cosmetic surgery. The question this leaves me with is why? Why does the general populace seem so opposed to cosmetic surgery? From where I'm standing it's the same vein of logic that causes a person to wear makeup, buy high end clothing or get a tattoo. Can we in good conscious condemn people who's  only goal is to achieve their own standard of beauty and have the means to do so? I don't think so, I don't believe to do so would be fair. All of us (and I do mean all of use) have  some sort of issue with some aspect of our appearance and if you have the money and access to a surgeon capable of "repairing" those flaws whose to say you can't or shouldn't resolve it?

I would also like to argue the idea that a person is most beautiful the way they were born or that in order to be beautiful one just has to be them selves. To be blunt, that is among the most pointlessly sentimental garbage I've heard, frankly humans are visual creatures and if you're not aesthetically pleasing to them you don't stand a chance. I know that it makes us all feel better to hear things like "it's inner beauty that counts" but seriously? Is there actually anyone beyond the age of ten who believes that? It's those of us who are average (or dare I say? Ugly) that are attached to the idea of inner beauty, because we know that  we're not really all that and we don't wanna deal with the knowledge that when it comes down to it some of us just aren't lucky enough to have the genetics to be beautiful and therefore are less desirable in almost every regard. In the end whats inner beauty gonna get you? "yeah Kristie's nice and all... But have you seen Lauren's figure? Hot Damn!", "thanks for auditioning you really have passion for the role, but don't expect a call back, this is suppose to be a romance not a comedy.", What I'm trying to say here is the only way to make it big in this ****ed-up world of ours is to be beautiful, no one really gives a damn about you're precious "Inner beauty"

Further more we live in a era where there is more pressure than ever to look good. Think about it, recent studies have shown that high school aged girls value looks over intelligence and if I recall my factoids about 50% of grade six girls in Ontario have at some point dieted.  What I'm trying to say here is that everyone is trying to be beautiful, if you're not trying you're in denial and if you can afford the surgery and are willing to take the risk then by all means do so!

I have to agree. I know I'm not the prettiest girl there is, but I know what you are saying is true. Maybe when you are in a relationship, being a good person is what counts, but that's beside the point here. In this world we live in now, being beautiful is the "it". Really though, humans have always been vain. Even back to Egypt, they styled their hair, and wore jewelry even after they died. They made sure that their hair stayed the same style even when mummified. In many civilizations, to be wealthy, you must be beautiful. It's the sad truth, but it's true. Like I said, I'm not against it, I'm not for it, but I don't care if people do it, because it's what they want.

Yeah I'm gonna admit I may have gotten more than a little intense with this. However I do not regret anything I've said, this is directly related to a major social justice issue and in my experience if you want to make the average person deal with social justice you have to be ready to possibly attack them personally. Well.... That and I'm heavily influenced by kantianism and nihilism...

Echoing harmony

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 11:17:49 pm »
Plastic Surgery, interesting topic, something I don't worry or hear too much about now'a days. Personally, I'd avoid it, since there is a risk for your life. I wouldn't support it, but that's really up to the person. :-\