Author Topic: Char Copiers  (Read 4766 times)

Offline kaczuszka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Char Copiers
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 06:22:40 pm »
Same as Avy said, there is no reason to flip out if you see a person with the same kind of colour scheme or markings. Since the whole community got a lot better at making characters and most of us use similar markings because we know they look good. There will be times when we will see similar character designs but that is all completaly normal. Also if I see a chat with a similar marking n' colour scheme I Usally start chatting to that person and we get on really well. We compliment each others looks and new friendships Start ^-^

Also I never really dealt with copiers. But if I see one then I'll just CALMLY warn them not to copy me or I'll report them to a Admin or a Mod.

^-^
hi hello

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 07:13:29 pm »
I've never dealt with copiers in Feralheart myself, but if it did happen I would most likely shrug it off and think it was a coincidence. (Unless it shared like, every single feature of the character including the name or something)

In your case, no, you shouldn't be able to copy someones character directly like that. Inspiration isn't the same thing as copying. Being inspired by characters and making your own, new thing is great! Asking if you can completely copy someone else's character is, well, not great. Even if you like someone's character, that doesn't mean you copy them. It just makes you look like you have no creativity of your own. I'm sorry that you had to deal with somebody having to ask that, just remember to politely tell the user no, or to even offer some tips on creating characters theirselves.

On the topic of copying characters, I thought I should bring this up. You can't really get upset if someone has a character similar to yours, though. I've seen a video where someone has been reporting and putting out screenshots of Feralheart characters and their usernames because they have a resemblance to their character which 1. has a very common look and color scheme and 2. uses the default markings, which EVERYONE who plays Feralheart can use. If anybody sees a character that maybe has a similar color scheme to your character, or has the same markings, remember that you do not own the markings. They probably aren't even aware of your existence, so never jump on somebody and yell at them for 'stealing your character'. I've been called a copier before, the day I joined Deviantart since somebody happened to have a character with a scar and dots under their eyes just like I did, and they accused me of stealing their character. Even though I had never seen the character before, it made me feel bad, and that I had done something wrong. Don't make people feel like this! If someone has a character like yours, just ignore it.

Sorry for the huge paragraph at the end, but I just had to say that. There's my opinion on copying.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »
I honestly do not mind if people copy my character(s), because I know I will do better ones in the future. :) I see a lot of people put interest into my characters. My wolves (I usually prefer creating characters with wolves), are very big with bright colors, so it attracts a lot of attention, especially people with opposite gender. In another side, where I get serious about it, is when people start to copy who you are and stalk you around with the same looks. One time is acceptable, but many goes out of control. People have limits, so they cannot cross the line. Privacy is important for everyone, because if we don't have it, life is a living nightmare.

Offline Hanging Dog

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • #Herbs // Toppsi Twirlly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 06:26:20 am »

I don't really mind it, in fact there was this moment in-game when I made a white wolf with grey details called Cloud, soon another character a feline came up to me who was also named cloud and was also white with grey accents.
A couple more people thought it was cool and also made Cloud characters. We decided to call ourselves The Cloud Army.
--
Here's the thing. I don't think it's possible for another person to copy you, even down to the last detail because no matter what, behind those characters you are who you are and only you can perform your own unique style of conversing and Role Playing.
Though at times, people can be immature about it, I think it's better to just stick to who you are and who your character is, after all no one can copy your user name.
 That is yours and yours alone, at least that is how I feel about the situation. <3
--
Sincerely, Nidhogel

Sig und Avvie von Moi
In-game User(s): Hanging Dog & Bleached
--
I'm Always Here If Ever You Need Halp

Offline .Dispute.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Credit (Remarin @ DeviantArt)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 12:20:04 pm »
It's understandable if you like a design, and you are inspired to make a somewhat similar character, but if you flat out copy the character, that's just really... Wow. I mean, people are really not creative. Why do you think there are so many cliche fan characters, or that people just play as canon characters? Sometimes it's because you would rather just play as canon character so you could play it through their eyes, but it seems a lot of the time, it's because they aren't creative. With the whole overused dark character thing, it makes it really hard to join a roleplay when you are a baby blue fox, because everyone's roleplays are so dark. I mean, I really don't want to hop the bandwagon though. Anyway that is beside the point. Some people are just not creative at all.

I have to note something mentioned here, that bandwagon of cliche dark demeanor characters, is why it's so easy to unintentionally copy characters. Oh my god, the amount of biographies I read explaining how "my pack died in a tragic fire"
Anyway yes, plagiarized characters are bothersome. Especially when you have ONE character and they take that from you.

Offline LittleBlackMoon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 07:37:19 am »
In my opinion, a char copier is someone with no imagination. They need help to get a good looking char, when they can't do it themselves.

Offline BarkinBiscuit

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • ? (???)?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 07:40:32 am »
This is why I have a preset for my character.. psh
It's a shame that some people just aren't creative enough to make their own characters, but it's different when you're inspired by someone else's character and make something just a little similar.

Maybe if people gathered up suggestions and name ideas they could come up with their own rather than completely copying someone else's character.

Offline xmapleleafx

• Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 04:33:55 pm »
Ughh, yes, It's super frustrating when  people copy your characters. But at least you know you inspired them in some way, and they loved your character enough to make it for themselves! But also, some people must remember that you could make a char that looks deeply alike someone else's - it doesn't always mean you copied or they copied! There are 'popular' colours on feralheart, many people make black and white wolves or cats for example.

If you do love someone's char and decide to copy it, keep in mind they would have took time to make that char and would not appreciate you copying them! But it is okay, I guess, to take a bit of inspiration from that person and put it into your own char. ^^
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline XxCheyPawsxX

• Curious Wanderer
  • I'll beat you with my twig.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 04:39:28 pm »
Yeah, My fursona is a white wolf with black leg stripes and a striped face. I kind of find it rude if I see a character look somewhat alike but I cannot blame them because they probably didnt copy me.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 02:00:49 am »
I don't really come across many people who wish to copy my characters, but I must admit...I never really get mad about it. I mean I have had friends point out characters that look almost exactly like mine or are my kind of character designing style, and I usually shrug. For me it's a compliment when someone wishes to have a character similar to mine. I meant they liked my charrie that much. Usually I have a different design than what the FH markings have to offer so I don't really worry about them copying. I know I have ran into people who claim I copied others, but I honestly never copy anyone. I go with what I see in my head and draw it then make a character of it on FH. It does get rather annoying when people do that.

Though I do understand your guy's points, but there is not many things we can really do for our characters unless we make presets to make them different.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble