Author Topic: The sterotypical cloud of death  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Monsignor

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Something Wicked
    • View Profile
Re: The sterotypical cloud of death
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »
You know what grinds my gears? People coming up with overly-descriptive, and often inaccurate, synonyms for animal anatomy. Overcompensating is the word.

Example: The morose, malevolent canine tossed his mahogany orbs (NO) in the direction of the light-fettered fae. His rubbery snout curled deviously as he lumbered towards her on his treetrunks.

Description is great in moderation. Please don't be this person.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 05:44:29 pm »
Personally the stereotype that tends to ruffle my feathers is the godmodding and powerplaying. Just because I run so many role plays at a given time. But I think my biggest peeve is the use of medical terms and words that don't even mean a body part. What FH has dubbed "Wolf speakers" I just rarely ever role play with them because of the fact some of them you just can't understand, or they're using the improper terms.

Otherwise I'm okay with other "stereotypes" on this game.

I must agree with Owlus. The only people that really bother me are the stereotypical wolfspeakers. Especially those that put themselves above others because of their "advanced vocabulary."

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 07:39:41 pm »
To be completely honest, all of them get on my nerves now and then.
I don't necessarily dislike one in particular, they all have their ups and downs.  One does not join this game, instantly knowing everything about it and how to roleplay perfectly.  Everyone has to start somewhere and gradually learn.  Noobs are normal, common people to come across in-game.  I'd gladly help one in or out of the game.  The same goes for 'orphans'.  Chances are, they are not the most experienced people in the game, I think they just need time to find out where they fit in amongst the different roleplay groups and people in the game.  Okay, trolls I will admit probably annoy me a little more than the rest.  They are just people who are bored/looking for attention and that's ok I suppose.  What I've learned by playing this game, is to know when to ignore or report someone.  Heck, even 'pros' act that way too sometimes.  I dislike it when people seem to think that everyone else is beneath them, while they dramatically stare down on everyone.
Now that I think about it, I think normal are annoying.  Who are they to be so regular?  They scare me.
xD

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 02:29:01 am »
One stereotype I don't really like is.... "If you roleplay as a mythical creature with magic powers, you're a powerplayer and a godmodder!" I sometimes see people say that they would not want to roleplay with a dragon, demon, or any other fantasy character because they think the fantasy character has infinite power, no flaws, and will insta-kill someone. That's not always true. I've seen experienced roleplayers have some very interesting fantasy characters that don't powerplay or godmod.
Inactive

Kipjen

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 01:16:20 pm »
One stereotype I don't really like is.... "If you roleplay as a mythical creature with magic powers, you're a powerplayer and a godmodder!" I sometimes see people say that they would not want to roleplay with a dragon, demon, or any other fantasy character because they think the fantasy character has infinite power, no flaws, and will insta-kill someone. That's not always true. I've seen experienced roleplayers have some very interesting fantasy characters that don't powerplay or godmod.
true

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 06:13:09 pm »
I really hate the thought that if you play as a TLK or Warriors character then you are automatically a terrible roleplayer. Same thing goes with characters with unrealistic colors for their species or even wings. Apparently everyone is a terrible roleplayer unless you are a dark colored wolf with a Latin or an edgy name and a pack-tag. I remember back in the day when wings were introduced, I was called a powerplayer because I used my own wings on my character to avoid people. I don't think a cat would call a bird a powerplayer when the bird flies away, now would they? :p

FeralHeart sure is an interesting place.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:43:40 pm by jengatower »

Kipjen

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 06:20:29 pm »
I agree, but do do perfer realistic markings, i just dont like making a big deal about it ^^

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 02:12:30 am »
Probably wolfspeaking. I cannot fathom why people would go through the trouble of essentially relearning English in the name of looking like a more "Advanced" roleplayer. Although, I guess it's a close tie with powerplaying...
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline WildPeace

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 04:39:46 am »
Sorry to come off topic but I swear that "Pro" lion might me my char xD It looks so much like him!

Kipjen

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 11:32:06 pm »
O_O im sorry i should have asked to upload it