Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Raising awareness of 'Bullying'  (Read 1832 times)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Raising awareness of 'Bullying'
« on: November 08, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »
Bullying and its effects on health

I decided to bring this topic up because it's a recurring issue which is not being 'alerted' of as much anymore and even if people are continuously talking about it, it comes to my conclusion that still many people don't care but since you're all lovely members, I just wanted to share this to you so you can pass it on and take it as a note in your head and raise awareness. Let me begin by saying that maybe the majority of you have been bullied probably from your weaknesses or how you are in general but I will give you a little motivation for the future. When you come across people who start saying things that don't deserved to be passed on, you have to stop them. Don't be afraid to go up to them and give them a warning or a piece of your mind because that shows you're brave.

I have had so many experiences in my life and most of it comes from depression, lonliness and hugely bullying. From them, I noticed that the number one myth or thing that people tell me is: 'Ignore them because if you complain they'll hate you or pick on you even more." Believe me, that is a fake line. I haven't followed this advice and so what I did is just stopped the bully with my own voice. The reason why the bully doesn't deal with your business after doing that is because they see you're tough and don't want to be touched. Your voice is a powerful element, so use it as your shield. Keeping all what they said inside you will hurt you and come to a moment where you start to think about death and isolation. Those two key things are dangerous but let's just pray to lord that it will never happen and that we'll always be happy and healthy!

I hope everyone understands so far and just remember that if you have any questions or seek for advice, i'll always be open so feel free to PM me or splat your comment right under this. Don't feel shy because I am an excellent advice giver and motivator.
Anyways, back to the main point, this is basically the most important thing I recommend you to be aware of when it comes to bullying and every time situations as bad as this will come and you follow my words, you become stronger inside slowly. That's why I tell everybody out there who has the most problems are blessed, because you're braver people who have the most experience with problems like this.

Different dimensions of health

There are 4 dimensions of health:
  • Social
  • Physical
  • Spiritual
  • Mental

If any of these get effected, all of them will and why? Because they're all connected to each other. Let me give you an example:
If a person has an unhealthy physical health, they start to feel depressed and low which passes it on to mental health. If a person feels depressed, they don't have interest to sit around people as much and feel inactive and it passes on to social health. It's very important to keep them balanced because if one goes out of control, the rest fall with it as mentioned. You can now see how this links with bullying as well if you think about it. Social stigma is also involved and when it comes to bullying it has 3 aspects:

• Stereotypes: A group of judgements about a person or group.
  • Prejudice: Giving emotional reactions to a person who has been stereotyped.
  • Discrimination: This includes behaviors which are linked with prejudice, such as avoidance and ignorance.

Stigma means..."...the extreme disapproval of (or discontent with) a person or group on socially characteristic grounds that are perceived, and serve to distinguish them, from other members of a society. Stigma may then be affixed to such a person, by the greater society, who differs from their cultural norms."

Please spread the word and stop bullying where every you go and stay safe. <3

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
Re: Raising awareness of 'Bullying'
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:01:05 pm »

I'm really happy you made this post! Definitely brightened my day a bit. As someone who's been a victim to major bullying in Kindergarten through middle school, I know the effects of bullying, and they're not fun. Something I never did was stand up for myself, which was my first mistake. I hung my head low walking through the walls, not making eye contact with a single other student, and when someone came up and started bullying me, I just took it without trying to fight back. I was too shy, I think, too weak. I ended up being ran out of public school for being mentally bullied to the point where I was too scared to go to school, and I was in a cyber school system for the next 3 years. I'm going back to public school for the very first time on Monday, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm really, really nervous. Nervous that people are gonna remember me and continue where they left off with their bullying. Though I know one thing; I have the strength now to fight back. My friends gave me the strength the fight back, and I know I'll be able to enjoy my last two years of school and make many new friends.

in-game: hooli

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 08:04:17 pm »
This is a lovely topic you've created. I'll go ahead and move this over to the Off-topic Discussion board.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 04:05:14 am »

I'm really happy you made this post! Definitely brightened my day a bit. As someone who's been a victim to major bullying in Kindergarten through middle school, I know the effects of bullying, and they're not fun. Something I never did was stand up for myself, which was my first mistake. I hung my head low walking through the walls, not making eye contact with a single other student, and when someone came up and started bullying me, I just took it without trying to fight back. I was too shy, I think, too weak. I ended up being ran out of public school for being mentally bullied to the point where I was too scared to go to school, and I was in a cyber school system for the next 3 years. I'm going back to public school for the very first time on Monday, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm really, really nervous. Nervous that people are gonna remember me and continue where they left off with their bullying. Though I know one thing; I have the strength now to fight back. My friends gave me the strength the fight back, and I know I'll be able to enjoy my last two years of school and make many new friends.

Wow, thanks for sharing your background on bullying! <3 I really appreciate you sharing and I completely understand. Just remember to always be strong in your inner strength, not always physically. :3

+Nuzzle. It does feel heartbreaking to say your story and if you want to ask any questions feel free to come pass by in game to see me or PM me.

This is a lovely topic you've created. I'll go ahead and move this over to the Off-topic Discussion board.

Thank you for moving it! <3

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 08:49:43 am »
I've had my own share of bullying sometimes, usually cyber-bullying or simply an adult that didn't know I was a child and extremely sensitive at that. (The last one was sadly the worst case I've experienced related to this subject at all, if it is.)

Since I've always been, as I just said, extremely sensitive it often stuck to me and damaged me, perhaps more than I may have thought sometimes...? Maybe a good side-effect is getting stronger, though, if you think about it. Now, although I'm still very emotional and sensitive, there are some things I wouldn't have taken as lightly as I do now, if you catch my meaning? But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm saying bullying is good, either.

Although sometimes there's the trolls I want to respond to with "Yep, true. Now move along. |D" 'Cause really, there ARE some bullies, like the one I may have talked to recently whom pointlessly argued with my best friend, who don't listen. So do you think that, if they don't listen, you may have to ignore them? Just curious. Personally I think if you stand up to yourself then maybe that proves you're not weak, and after that they'll leave you alone, y'know?

...And another thing on my mind when it comes to thinking about this subject you've brought up is the  motivation for bullying. It's kind of sad, really, so I want to know what you might think about it as well? :{o

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 05:01:51 pm »

...And another thing on my mind when it comes to thinking about this subject you've brought up is the  motivation for bullying. It's kind of sad, really, so I want to know what you might think about it as well? :{o

Oh, thanks for asking Hugrf and sharing your experience (don't worry, I've read it all xD). In my own opinion I think that bullying is a negative habit once you do it and people who act it out make them feel satisfied. It's a very inappropriate and disrespectful way to act around people and I think that the biggest consequences come in the end. I am the kind of person who does not like seeing anyone get hurt, that is why I'm against it and the fact that it changes their image in a bad way. :3 That's the lines I go through.

+Nuzzle. Why not, I guess I'm in a good mood to give some kindness. xD

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 12:58:08 am »

...And another thing on my mind when it comes to thinking about this subject you've brought up is the  motivation for bullying. It's kind of sad, really, so I want to know what you might think about it as well? :{o

Oh, thanks for asking Hugrf and sharing your experience (don't worry, I've read it all xD). In my own opinion I think that bullying is a negative habit once you do it and people who act it out make them feel satisfied. It's a very inappropriate and disrespectful way to act around people and I think that the biggest consequences come in the end. I am the kind of person who does not like seeing anyone get hurt, that is why I'm against it and the fact that it changes their image in a bad way. :3 That's the lines I go through.

Thanks for the nuzzle! x3 Appreciate your response.

But I meant the /bully's/ side when I said that... What do you think of their possible motivations and stuff for bullying?

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 02:54:13 pm »

Thanks for the nuzzle! x3 Appreciate your response.

But I meant the /bully's/ side when I said that... What do you think of their possible motivations and stuff for bullying?

It's usually said that the bully might of been affected in their past and doing the same thing that hurt them to other people make them happy, but without realizing they're doing the wrong thing. :3 Or maybe the bully feels jealous.

And you're welcome! <3 #Spreadthelove