Author Topic: difference between a character and a fursona?  (Read 4585 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: difference between a character and a fursona?
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 04:04:28 am »
      Though it has been pretty well summed up by others already, a fursona is basically an animal persona (or alter ego) that people use to represent themself. This is a very popular term in the furry fandom especially. For those who do not wish to regard their floofs with this terminology, "Main characters" are simply characters that you use often and/or are best known by/for.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Berrymutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Huge Critical Role nerd
    • Berrymutt
    • berrymuttbb
    • Berrymutt
    • NickBerrymutt
    • View Profile
Re: difference between a character and a fursona?
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 01:29:36 pm »
To me the difference between a character and a fursona is the fact that a fursona is either a type of animal that represents you or an animal that is most like you. My fursona for example is my Kreptis character named BlackBerry. I created him back in 2011 where he first started out as any other OC/Character does. Then I added parts of my humor and behavior into him to make him more unique. Now if he was a real person and not just a make believe character that I have created,  we would both view things exactly the same and express opinions the same. I do have to disagree however, that everyone who has a fursona is a 'furry'. I'm not saying that I don't see the creativity and dedication being put into a fursuit, it's just not my cup of tea. I have no interest in dressing up as an animal or viewing any of my characters on two legs with clothing walking around in a human environment. My characters are just animal storybook characters that I created and have meaning to me. Think of it this way, my fursona is me but I am not my fursona. I know doesn't really make any since but I am a human. I don't see myself as an animal. BlackBerry is a personally detailed character to be like me. He's my mascot. I just have no desire to be him. But the character BlackBerry himself is me.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:31:16 pm by Berrymutt »

Avatar made by Ziboe. Signature Made By DOG-BOWL On DeviantArt.
Discord: Berrymutt#0225
Twitch: Berrymutt
Download My Presets