Poll

Which Gender You Play the Most?

Female
17 (43.6%)
Male
22 (56.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Male Or Female?  (Read 9555 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Male Or Female?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2016, 10:05:28 pm »
I tend to like male characters more. I've got nothing against roleplaying as females but there is something more appealing to me about playing as a male character... I feel like it's more challenging and interesting to portray a character of a gender that I am not.

Offline CeramicSoul

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • One day M'love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2016, 04:45:01 pm »
I bend towards both. I have a friend who gave me her account because she got a new one so I used that account to play all my male chars and my original account to play my female chars.

Personalty  I think it is fun to play as my own gender but I like to have fun some time's as a gender I am not it's fun to act like a guy sometimes.
Your friendly neighborhood derp.

Offline LordoftheRedBull

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The life is too short to be normal. Stay weird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 06:16:58 pm »
Actually, I playing the both gender, but I use the more male characters than female. Idk why, just like it. However I said, all the time, when the rp is beginning, I'm a female irl soo...

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 03:03:21 am »
I don't think I currently have any female characters... I guess I tend to stick to males because it's more "acceptable" for males to be emotionally distant and on account of my autism I'm more that a little emotionally distant/stunted myself. I think that I may also enjoy portraying males as it allows me to engage in vicariously behavior that normally would be very difficult for me to express, for example your stereotypical male is confidant, strong and typically exhibits more "heroic" behaviors all of which are attributes far outside of my nature.

When it comes to gender and/or sexuality I myself am a physically female, gender fluid, asexual, panromantic. I guess that could also explain why I tend to play males, I mean since I do live most of my actual life as female but tend to lean towards a slightly more masculine gender identity most of the time  it would make sense that I play male characters as a method of expressing that part of who I am.
 My characters gender identity and/or sexuality tends to be affected by my own shifts though I generally keep their sexuality pretty ambiguous since even though it makes sense for them to have one I don't really and it's hard for me to write one.

I guess that's that then. Maybe I ought to develop some ladies, could be fun.

Offline pikachuzillaX

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 03:19:33 pm »
most of my characters are male and non-humans...
mostly because i can't draw humans and female names are hard to come up with.
my oh my~

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 08:10:50 pm »
I 90% of the time have male characters. I don't believe I've roleplay a single female.
I feel like it would be a fun change though. :)
WORK IN PROGRESS
Artwork (c) LynxBrush & Majorest

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 02:04:29 am »
I have no real preference, but I suppose male, since it just tends to have more options in terms of design.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 02:52:04 am »
I'm mostly evenly split, though I have to prefer roleplaying male characters despite my gender being female. I'm not sure why, exactly, but I just feel more comfortable with male characters.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 11:18:17 am »
My main character is a male. To be honest I think it's much more fun to play as a male, the gender I find more visually appealing (lol) and since I'm a tomboy, am in a way like.

In stories, I try to fit in females and stuff sometimes, although I usually write about males and make male characters more. I do have females, and have roleplayed them a couple of times - In fact, I roleplay my character's chicken too 8D But still, final answer is males.

Offline Angelaxax

• Curious Wanderer
  • Meep
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 01:50:54 pm »
I perver to play as a female Feiline, I am a female and i always have been and I tried to Rp as a male not a while ago to just try it out. But I were so horrible at it that everyone was begging me to change into female and they said that i were worse than bad.

But am I the only one who's thinking that it's weird to pretend you are a male or RP like one?
Meep