Author Topic: Game Not Installing Properly (Solved)  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Game Not Installing Properly
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 05:44:03 am »
It may not have damaged your computer, but you shouldn't use the Mac download on a Windows, because I think there would be subtle changes in the folder that can mess your whole game up. xD
Well I didn't use the Mac download, I just compared the files. I had it on my Mac at one point aha
Here's a quick question: Did your copy have grass.object in the object folder? Because mine didn't uhh
Oh and I tried installing mass markings. It didn't change anything.. So it's not in the config or images. At least, I'm pretty sure it isn't...

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 05:58:56 am »
[Mine has a Grass folder in the objects folder...but I didn't see grass.object...

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »
[Mine has a Grass folder in the objects folder...but I didn't see grass.object...
Sweet, thanks. I guess I'll go delete that now :P
I think I'm gonna try reinstalling again later..

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 10:47:52 pm »
Alrighty. Be sure to tell me how it goes then.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 12:31:28 am »
Alrighty. Be sure to tell me how it goes then.

Didn't work..

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 12:38:05 am »
Hmmm...well I'm all out of ideas then. I just can't figure out what the problem could be....

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 12:51:24 am »
Hmmm...well I'm all out of ideas then. I just can't figure out what the problem could be....
RIP - Me
I guess I'll do some more digging and stuff.. Maybe look through some logs or something.
I did get some of the body markings to show up for a little while by messing with the tails.. Huh

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 12:57:24 am »
Maybe it just needs some messing with. Feel free to post here with any news, and I'll keep checking.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 01:15:37 am »
Maybe it just needs some messing with. Feel free to post here with any news, and I'll keep checking.
I managed to get them to show up.. But I'm not sure if I want to have to mess with it all the time.. Just kinda annoying.
And I still can't connect. I'm pretty sure that it's my firewall/router's firewall.. But I don't really know how to mess with that.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Game Not Installing Properly (Save Me)
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 01:19:46 am »
Although it has been mentioned before, re-installing the game should reset any missing files. When you re-install the game, though, be sure to completely uninstall and delete the FH folder (back-up any files that you want to save, such as maps, presets, etc, in a separate folder outside of the FH folder) before re-installing. If for any reason when downloading the game it asks you to replace or skip something, always replace. From the way that the issue is being described, it seems to me like there still might be a misplaced file somewhere. Downloading mass markings will not fix your issue, unless you're referring to the white, textureless blobs for users' characters.

There is more than one way to change your rendering system, so if you would like a guide to the different ways to do this
, here is a helpful thread.

As for what was mentioned earlier about the missing file-- the files (not the FH ones) on your Mac are probably not identical to the files on a Windows. What may be necessary for a Mac computer to run does not necessarily need to be on your Windows computer. The Feral Heart files should all be placed in the same folders, though. Also, if you don't have the game installed in your C:/ drive, I would check to make sure that it's downloaded there.

It's possible that you're missing an essential file in order to run part of the program. If you're receiving an error or "missing __ file" message, this could be telling you that you're missing a file that allows the game to run properly.

Also, when you say that the markings don't work, could you perhaps elaborate on this?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.