Author Topic: Missing Map Textures  (Read 980 times)

Offline Cocopix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Missing Map Textures
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:57:12 am »
Alright so, I made a map for a group and I've had some complaints of missing textures, some things floating, and some things missing altogether.
It is a rather large map with a large amount of meshes, so could that be the problem? Is there any other suggestions?

I have a feeling I'll have to take out some meshes, butidontwanttosob

Plays as Cocopix / Crystal Feather
Signature by Anarchiae @ DA

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Missing Map Textures
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 04:00:18 am »
I am not an expert at all in map making, so the only thing I can think of to do is to make sure you haven't misplaced a file or deleted it by accident.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 04:02:01 am »
Sometimes missing textures can come from them not exporting properly or not exporting with the map at all. If you can have them let you know which objects are missing their textures, you could gather up the meshes' texture files yourself and send them over.

The same goes for some of the objects they can't see or are "missing". They may not have exported, so just package them up and send 'em over to your member.

As for the floating objects...I'm not entirely equipped with the knowledge to assist with that particular issue :c[/color

You are amazing <3

Offline Cocopix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 04:48:21 am »
Sometimes missing textures can come from them not exporting properly or not exporting with the map at all. If you can have them let you know which objects are missing their textures, you could gather up the meshes' texture files yourself and send them over.

The same goes for some of the objects they can't see or are "missing". They may not have exported, so just package them up and send 'em over to your member.

As for the floating objects...I'm not entirely equipped with the knowledge to assist with that particular issue :c[/color

I guess I'll give that a shot, thank you!

Plays as Cocopix / Crystal Feather
Signature by Anarchiae @ DA

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 02:34:02 pm »
As for floating objects, there are 2 reasons I could think of that may be the problem. If you had placed objects while making the map and then later on decided to change the size, either the length, width, or height, that would cause the already placed objects to either sink, float, or be slightly moved due to the change in size. If that was not the case, while you were placing objects in the map, if you placed them from like, a bird's eye view or in some view that was far away from the ground, your objects could have been placed "floating" without you noticing. Also, if objects are placed half on a hill or dip in the ground, half of them can sometimes appear to be floating.  If you go back into the map maker, you can zoom in close to your placed objects to see if they're slightly floating. If they are you can adjust the Z coordinate I believe to fix that. I hope that helped c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.