Author Topic: Mass Markings not Working for Mac?  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Porcelainsheep

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • Porcelainlamb
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Markings not Working for Mac?
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 04:57:21 pm »
Hakumi, I've recently stated that I have a mac so Im not sure what a C-Drive is, But I think Apple Computers have a D-Drive. S-H-A-Y, I did exactly as you said, I closed FeralHeart and Reopened it, logging in on here and keeping that page open while logging in on the actual game..Didn't work, It gave me the "Failed to Connect to Front Server Message" When it usually doesn't do that because I followed the new login instructions. Could anyone help?

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 06:47:51 pm »
Ok so here is my Mac help thread-- if your new problem is that you cannot connect to the server; a fellow member recently posted a tutorial on how to run feral heart with the latest update for IOSx and that is the link under "April update". I recommend reading through what I have written and see if any thing in here helps before you go to the link for he updated version as it requires you to redownload FH and download other programs to your computer. Hopefully something works, again good luck and let me know if you need anymore help.
If you have been able to connect to the server and the problem is still that you don't have the markings, I would suggest DELETING the ones you downloaded and redownload them, making sure you place them in the correct spaces-- at the bottom of this quote a member said that if you keep FH in the smaller window instead of putting it into full screen then it should reduce lag etc.. I know that's not the issue you have but I figured since you are downloading Mass Markinhs it would be good to know.
Hello! You have probably come here to figure out to run (and continuously run) Feral Heart on a MAC!
I will be very active on updating this with all the FAQ's and solutions that I have for you, so be sure to check for updates and edits.

****APRIL 2016 UPDATE: A fellow member has figured out how to run feral heart on the new updates for MAC- go here:http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=56011.msg764447#msg764447 so read what she has found and be sure to thank her!!
F.A.Q.'S

-  "I installed the game yesterday and ran it through wine, which worked without any kinks. I installed several mods (but not an excessive amount), and ran the game for about an hour with no lag or any indications of trouble. However, after that first hour, the game crashed and I restarted. It crashed again about 15 minutes later, and again, and again. Eventually it wouldn't even run, so I reinstalled it and kept the mods down to just one Mass Marking pack. It crashed even then, and again wouldn't reopen.
I've reinstalled the game once more and left out all mods, but haven't played much to know if that solved the issue or not. I'm playing the game on an iMac, so the thought that it can't handle the mods because the computer "can't handle it" doesn't really seem to fit. Do you know any route I could take to fix this issue? I really don't want to give up playing, and have my mods as well if they're not the problem."

I would recommend NOT downloading ANY mods/item packs/Markings packs on your MAC if you wish to have Feral Heart run VERY smoothly without any lag or crashes. However, most of you do have these things, so I would recommend keeping it to a MINIMUM of two to three of any of these (total). If you download many packs etc, your game will crash and it will cause problems to your computer.

[color=sky blue]Hi Shay, thanks so much!! i have trouble loading the game. when the world Fluorite is loading u the first time it says bad token. i've tried reloading the game and reinstalling but nothing has worked for me...

Flourite tends to be full, and even people with out MACs may have trouble getting into it because it tends to be pretty full. But if you are having trouble getting into a world such as cape, or even lonely cave, it means you are most likely missing something in your download. I you have not downloaded WINE, do so. This should help.

"My problem is simple, FeralHeart won't load. Like at all.
I'm on a mac, and I know about the whole restart redownload .etc..
I have tried EVERYTHING and it still won't work. I have redownloaded it about 6 times. I have restarted my computer, oh god knows how many times. I have tried absolutely every tip, trick, and guide out there. I got maps to make, things I gotta return to. Feralheart just won't load.
I click it on it, the icon comes up, then it closes itself. Hoping I'm not the only one with this problem!"

Your computer is blocking it
Go to your system preferences, security and privacy, general, at the bottom there should be options that say: "allow apps downloaded from:
- Mac App store
- Mac App store and identified
- Anywhere"
Make sure "anywhere" is pressed so your mac knows that you can use FH

VERY IMPORTANT:

VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL MAC USERS!
DO NOT place your Feral Heart folder or icon on your desktop or doc. Not sure why your mac will not allow you to play if it is visible, but you can't. Instead, create a folder on your desktop and place all feral heart related things in there as well as the main folder with the icon (actual game). Also, if you are constantly re-downloading the game, make sure that you are deleting the ones you have previously downloaded.
- PM for more questions and I will post them here-

Tips from other fellow members:

Daffy:
"if you want to play having mods, item packs, markings packs etc on your game then here's a little tip that I have found that works: keep the game in a small window, so the lag isn't as big. It hardly lags at all when I do that :)"

*all questions go to their respectful owners*
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:54:30 pm by S-H-A-Y »
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 06:50:42 pm »
Shay has provided a wonderful thread to look over. If, however, y'er still experiencing issues, here's what I've come up with:

Hmm, it may be the name of the FH folders that's causing this. The main folder should just be called "FeralHeart" and not 'ave any of what you mentioned after it.

Also, what folder did ye paste the .cfg file in that caused it to disappear? Was it "FeralHeart_mac_1.13_p8 2", the one that I assume should be named just "FeralHeart"? If so, try 'gain and see if anything pops up asking ye to r'place any files.

What is the .cfg's file name? It could be needing to be renamed. If I r'call, but I may stand incorrect, marking files should 'ave a .cgf file and not a .cfg, but I may be wrong on that.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Porcelainsheep

• Porcelainlamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 04:59:34 pm »
Enoki, I think what may have happened is that the names may have gotten switched up? The Markings Download folder is Called FeralHeart and the Actual Folder the Game runs on is "FeralHeart_mac_1.13_p8 2" The .cfg file is called "markings.cfg", also when I removed the markings.cfg file from the FeralHeart_mac_1.13_p8 2 folder I was able to login just fine. I did look over Shay's Mac Help Thread, FeralHeart does not crash or lag whenever I play it, even though I have not installed wine. I placed the markings.cfg folder where everyone on this thread told me to put it, but did not see a single one of the markings in the markings page on the create a character. I hope I'm not being a nuisance in any way, I really appreciate your help!

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 05:07:06 pm »
Not being a nuisance whatsoever and sorry for the Drive confusion on my other post ^^;
Anyways, did you remember to put the markings in your media>texture folder as well and not just replaced the .cfg file? c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 07:32:05 pm »
Oh, no worries, deary! 'Tis what we're here f'er. As Hakumi has mentioned, check to see that the markings are in their correct folder.

I'd try changing the name of the actual game folder to just "FeralHeart" and see if that actually does anything. It could fix the issue or it could do nothing at all.

Perhaps Wine may be r'quired to get the markings to work on a Mac computer? It could never hurt to try and download it.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Porcelainsheep

• Porcelainlamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 04:10:30 am »
Thank you for all of your help! It finally worked and I was able to get mass markings AND legendary items! I don't know what I did exactly, but It seemed to have worked which I am really Excited about! Thank you so much!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 04:31:47 am »
Locking this since the issue was resolved. Have fun with your new items and markings! :3
Farewell everyone<3