Author Topic: Old Cringey Characters  (Read 16247 times)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Old Cringey Characters
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 07:33:57 pm »
I still make cringey characters to this day

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 09:30:34 pm »
I still make cringey characters to this day
Same tbh

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 02:21:44 pm »
Aaah. Those old cringey characters!

I have two that are so bad its scary.

1. Frost, a random blue wolf with wings and no mane.

2. Twilight sparkle. Yup. Pretty much a winged purple and pink wolf thats as big as possible.

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 03:45:07 pm »
Sacred was kind of cringey for me.
When I first created her, her design was very dark, and she was very tall and weirdly thin, yet somehow managed to pack quite a bit of strength??? She always seemed to somehow find a way to come out on top in fights, though in retrospect she should've lost quite a few of those.
She was just kind of ominous in a weird "i'm never happy because i'm too cool and dark" way.
It was bad.
She's changed quite a bit now. xD

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Okay
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:40 pm »
Before I put wings on EVERY character I have and
My cheetahs were neon yellow....
And they kinda had the shape of 404 ERROR (the hacker that has been on FH) 

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 06:57:21 pm »
[size=9] oh god no not the cringe characters //shudder//

I had way too many. A lot of them were really 'edgy', like all black with bright red scars named Shadow or Fang. Or even just bad colour schemes with generic names. And the proportions were terrible too.
I'm so glad I grew out of making those.

(also, totally no offence to people who may have characters similar to what I stated)

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 05:43:19 am »
I had a cringe character a long time ago, he was a blue wolf with green eyes and a black mane. He looked like a blueberry and some people called him a smurf. (Not a fan of smurfs xD) This character was important to me because it got me into my first big role play, which then set in action a series of....well I'll be blunt, dramatic events that eventually lead me to being a better role player and meeting my best friend. xD

Offline Cryocal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm Awesome
    • Corkgi
    • Cryocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 08:48:20 am »
I had Tornadoblood, she was evil like killed kittens, etc. She was such a horribly written character. Her looks were normal, but her personality and backstory was so badly underdeveloped haha. Killed everything because she was bullied and that's it.

I don't actually have anything against these types of characters, however.
"And all that I don't know, I'll make up in I love you so
And all you fear, I'll make up in this moment here"

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:24 pm »
I've almost no cringey characters in Feral Heart, those worthy enough to be mentioned are Telluris and Aclediptus, but I have totally redone them by now.

Telluris was my fist character, named after a Bionicle character by that time. I was thinking of something between a tribal deity of earth in the form of a canine and Pohatu (yet another Bionicle character.) He ended up looking like chocolate mint with the size slightly below the defaults, small enough to be considered a pup. I didn't know the legends and rules of roleplay back then, so whatever I said would've been quite hard to understand. Telluris is now bigger, grumpier, and more proper than he used to be, I still use him now.
Aclediptus came to mind as some sort of satire, probably a drug related joke. He had a rainbow tie and sunglasses, is in the biggest size possible, had bat wings, and is just a white skeleton with a nicotine problem. He's supposed to play the delusional jerk, but got too much attention from the FH 'demon' stereotypes and was viewed differently from his original plan. Now Aclediptus wears a blue tie and sunglasses, has a snake's tongue, and still suffers from the same addiction, only now he's a pink skull with no eyes. As my friend would describe him, he's a Pimped up drug demon.

Both aren't so cringey, but it's the cringiest I got. I wouldn't call myself lucky nor unlucky, I guess I made characters just in the right spot, between the weird and meh zones.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Kitsuma15

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
    • Spring Hills
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 01:11:52 pm »
Ah the cringe. How back you want to go? I've had many cringe worthy characters over the years. I still probably have some now. I write a lot. (Not professionally thank heavens) So, it is only natural that eventually I come up with cringey characters that may also eventually make their way onto Feralheart.

One of them. You ready for this? It was for a story I was planning on writing, but I never did, because when I eventually started writing it, I realized how bad it was. (Years later of course) So I pulled the plug. A character I have, Titania, is based off the main character of this story.

In the story, she was a girl bullied and eventually blinded by her rich bullies and forced to be their guinea pig. (That is all I am going to say. Sounds good now, but the rest of it shall never be said.)

The FH character, I also named Titania. I covered her in scars from the abuse, made her blind, and can fly?

Yeah. I made this character able to fly. At the time, I said she could fly because of use of air currents telling her where things were. Forget about having to know direction and the fact that echolocation would have been a much better idea.

She was so cringey. I've modified her up a lot. She has to fly with assistance, but she does use echolocation. Because I grew a brain.
"Only those willing to listen can hold that passionate flame called leadership."
-Said by a scout master at a scout camp.