Author Topic: Im done.  (Read 8514 times)

Offline MustangCharm

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Drew it myself =)
    • View Profile
Re: Im done.
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 10:08:08 pm »
Yeah, I agree... I used to be an avid WQ user when the only words they blocked out were 'swear words'. Now I hear they are going to block out every single word, and came up with (a rather short) list of words... including "howdy, hi, bye, hello, hola" and all of that random stuff, just because some people wanted to rp with having mates... because they have mates in single player, I don't get why the team had to block so many words that are in the game itself already... it's not inappropriate.

I think it's funny how if you spell something wrong, you have to retype the whole rp paragraph you so detailed wrote out... haha -.- no, not funny at all. They had to block out  mate, mates, mat, and mit, since the users came up with different words for mate like the mat. Rediculous. The team has gone a bit haywire and too baby friendly. Nobody cares if an 8 year old sees the word: idiot or something. Get of the internet.

Anyways, back on topic. Exactly what Sly basically said, and use block, and turn off any chat you don't like with spam... or just IGNORE IT. I'm sure nobody will notice lol. =S

i hate long posts... srsly, sorry lol. PS did I mention you can't even say lol anymore, most likely? yarr
Lions, Wolves, Feral Heart, oh my!
I love ponies and cats and especially wolves! Also a Chicken Smoothie, WQ, AK, FH, TEF, and HS (HorseStar) fan!

Pet's name: Celtic Chic

Wudiin

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 11:33:25 pm »
Yeah, I got sick of the wolfaboos and baby friendly forum/game and left.

FirestarLuva

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 08:21:59 am »
I think you should report those who are annoying you, even though I don't think it would help much. You can't tell people what to do, the best thing you can do is just ignore them, like I do. :)

Offline Magpie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • "Nobody's perfect", Yay I'm a nobody..I'M PERFECT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 01:05:05 pm »
-coughimtotalysickofwolfquestbasherscough-

Anywaayyss. Urr, maybe we could have a thing that we type in the words and block what we wish? -shrug-

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 01:41:10 pm »
Rofl, nah. Mate isn't really that bad of a word either. I don't know about you guys, but I knew what it was about far before I was 13 because of watching nature documentaries and similar things. I believe other people find out about it even earlier nowadays.

Sorry to say this, but it will always be there and you would have to get used to it. If it's driving you so crazy I'd really suggest you going into a private map or try another game.

Censor the words would be taking it to the extreme, but if there somehow was a setting that would let you censor whatever words you'd like everyone would probably be happy. But I personally would be more annoyed at seeing sentences without structure or **** all the time instead.

If you mean general spamming overall I can agree, it does get annoying, but the worst spamming is usually spotted by mods I believe, but just because they exist doesn't mean they can be at every corner of a map.

And I personally think that no dimension is the best way. Been through this before, and the only valid reason why people should have dims would be because of lag, cause sometimes people experience it like unplayable. But reasons like, spam, annoying people, and no privacy as a reason, doesn't cut it in my eyes.

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 01:54:08 pm »
me too i watch documetries all the time matings gotten old for me
and besides if theyre older choldren its time they know (if you know what i mean)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 05:45:36 pm »
I understand what you mean Suave dog.

The best thing to do about spammers, trolls and perverts is to take a screenshot of the offender(s) (using "Print Screen") and send it to one of the moderators.

The thing about filters is that people get frustrated when they can't say something. Games like WolfQuest have been ruined due to chat filters. Granted, people shouldn't swear or talk about mates/mating so often, because it causes trouble. But just as Teal Skeletore has said, no way is putting a chat filter in going to help the game as much as it's gonna' hurt it.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 12:01:17 am »
The word "mate" isn't used just for mate searching. You can be introducing yourselves to a group, and be like, "This is my mate, (whoever)" Also, the Admins and Mods that work hard on this game, added a block button for your convenience. Use it. Or just learn to ignore them.

*sigh* The IT community was better...

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:04 am »
i dunno why every thread ends up in bashing WQ...
anyway...
yes, mate beggers are stubborn lil fellas... had been experiencing it. the word "mate" doesnt need filtering though.. not here.
this is a game where you can curse your lungs out at them to leave you alone.
another thing: blocking/reporting isnt as easy. and its pretty annoying to do, considering that you have to find that lil point on the char where you can open up their bio, and actually report them... (the glitch where you-click-on-the-names-and-a-completely-different-bio-comes-up is still there..)

Liekos

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:40 am »
Wow. Chill.. it's just a game owo
as for the mates beggers and blergh
i don't really care.. just ignore it
unless they like.. approach me lols.