Author Topic: Source Code?  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Source Code?
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 04:38:25 pm »
Aye. As others have already stated, the source code belongs to Kovu, so even if it was obtainable, it wouldn't be theirs to use.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Dawnstorm

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • wow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 08:10:30 pm »
Hmm. This seems odd.
Has anyone ever asked Kovu for permission to use the source code? Or does he not want it to be touched at all?
Even if he did leave, does he still care about what happens to the game?

Woah-oh-oh
Heaven let your light shine down
Characters
Meeikou - Wildcat/Demon Beast - Loner
Kuvahsiin - Spirit God/Reaper - Rogue
Aetherstar - Lynx - Leader of CryptClan
Eddie - Housecat/Ghoul - Loner

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 09:43:02 pm »
Hmm. This seems odd.
Has anyone ever asked Kovu for permission to use the source code? Or does he not want it to be touched at all?
Even if he did leave, does he still care about what happens to the game?

This is where things always start getting complicated, and the debate of morals come into play.

No one (to my knowledge) in the FH staff have been able to contact Kovu in any way since he disappeared from the game. I believe that his means he has completely abandoned the game and has no interest in it whatsoever, concerning progress or any other aspect.

A few people have debated that this means he has no rights to the source code, but regardless of whether he cares about the game or not, the source code still, unfortunately, belongs to him and we are not aloud to change it.

Which is a great pity, but nothing we can change.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:56 pm »
Guys, the source code RedEye was using is said to be a copy of the original. The only way to get the actual full FH source code is through KovuLKD, and you ether have to get it from him yourself or hack his hard drive to get it. Like what SkullFrost said, RedEye ether got the source code from KovuLKD privately or it's a full remake. I doubt it that Red hacked anybody or got the source code from a distrusted source. In any way, Red does have a right to create a copy as far as I know. Besides, I don't think he would ever use it again because of the hacker incident, but if he actually releases a FH copy client in the future it's pointless to harass him about it.

As for the hackers, It's highly unlikely they received the full source code, or even any important code at all. It's nothing to worry about anyways because they are unable to do anything with the original FeralHeart. They can't do much with what they may have got (or not, perhaps).

To be clear, don't take anything I say for granted. I have no idea what's behind close doors and I understand it's not really my place to say anything. If what I'm saying is false or foolish then I'm sorry. I'm just clearing up some confusion by restating what I had observed. I wouldn't like to see more drama happening in this community.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:29:17 pm by WolfQueen »