Author Topic: Help PLEASE  (Read 908 times)

Offline wolvesrule52

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Help PLEASE
« on: August 28, 2016, 02:47:13 pm »
I keep trying to play Feral Heart. exe
It will pop up a message saying FeralHeart.exe has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I just finished redownloading to make it work. Now it does this. AGAIN.
I also just restarted my computer to no success. Any suggestions? Or could someone help me out?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Help PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 02:55:28 pm »
Hmm. So it just pops up when you start the game, or when you choose a character?
If the previous is true, try checkin' yer antivirus, or changin' yer renderin' system upon launch. Also, this is a minor issue, but it can still cause trouble sometimes, but while the game's loadin', try not to click the screen or minimize the window.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline wolvesrule52

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 03:06:24 pm »
When I click on the game it will pop up the black screen then will pop up the launcher, when I click OK it will happen.

EDIT:
So how do I change the rendering system?

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 03:24:26 pm »
Ye can do it in-game using the options (which technically ye can't do at the moment,) or I believe ye can do it manually via editing the rendering system .cfg file. I'm not quite sure as to what exactly ye edit and I don't want to say something that's wrong and 'ave ye mess up y'er files, so I'll leave that to some coding guru who remembers such things. (Away from laptop with all m'coding at the moment.)

Also, be sure to check y'er particles folder f'er clones (ex: plants_0.fhp, sun_1.fhp, and so on) and delete them. This sounds like a particle crash more than anything else. Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 06:29:00 pm »
To change your rendering systems through coding, open up your main FH folder and then open a file called "orge.cfg"

The very top line will either say "Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem" OR "Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem"

If it says "Direct3D9", change that to "OpenGL"; if it says "OpenGL", change it to "Direct3D9", then save
Farewell everyone<3