Author Topic: Hey all! Gotta question  (Read 4365 times)

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Hey all! Gotta question
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 02:23:26 am »
After many years of joining several roleplays, even creating them myself, I can say that a good pack or group in general depends on a number of things.

1. Consistency and determination from the leaders of the roleplay;
Depending on how active the leaders are and willing to give up their time to provide for their group and just spending time online in game is a big thing in my eyes. If the leaders aren't in it for the long run, then it's no use joining a roleplay that will last 2 weeks at most, unfortunately, this has happened a lot. The leaders tend to get side tracked and forget to focus on their group, which is fun for no one. Though, it is great to see groups with determined and hard working leaders, because dedication is the key.

2. A good and well-written plotline;
Everyone loves a good and dramatic plot, though it's hard to say whether or not a roleplay has a good plotline because half the time, they don't explain that side of the story, unless it's on a forum that the leader has created. The leader/plot-author will need to work on keeping the plotline exciting for everyone, and never leave out anyone wishing to be involved. Keeping on top of changes in the roleplay and always looking to improve the story for the future is always good, and letting everyone have an important role to play, unless they choose otherwise, is also good.

3. Behaviour of the members, including the higher ranks;
No one likes rude or dirty players, so that's why it's always good to keep on track of the players that enter the group. If you notice that most of the members have a dirty mouth or are generally rude to others, it's most likely they 1. put on a sweet face for the leader/puts on a sweet face whenever the leader is around, or 2. the leader does not care about who they let into the group. It's good to feel comfortable and to be able to enjoy your time in the group.

4. The rules;
 This is an important one as the rules laid out by the leader show whether they care about everybody and their group enough. You'd find groups with limited rules tend to be less strict and more "care-free", unlike groups who have well balanced rules to keep each member in their place. Although some roleplays can be way too strict, and often tend to be the "fun police".

5. How the group deals with competition in the recruiting side of things;
 If the group is rather hostile and way too competitive, that leaves a bad stain on their reputation. Handling the competing recruiters of other groups with maturity and respect is what catches my eye, and teaching the joining members to act the same is a bonus.

6. Organization;
Another important one, being organized is one of the best advantages you could have with the group, as things are clean and nothing is messy. Members tend to get very frustrated when things aren't planned out properly, and following what has been organized is very important.

7. Lastly, the whole feel of the group;
 If the atmosphere of the group doesn't feel right, or something is off, it'd be best to seek out one that makes you feel more at home and at ease. Though, trying to adjust may seem hard, it would be worth it in the long run IF you eventually get comfortable.

Putting aside the group stuff, my favourite memory of FH would be all the friends I've made, and the memories I've made with them over the past years. Fortunately, since 2012, I'm still friends with people I knew back then, which is amazing to me. My most cherished moment was when I joined FH, because no matter what, I'll never regret my decision to become a part of this wonderful and unique community.

Offline Fantasia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Imagination is more important than knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 12:31:38 pm »
Those are two fascinating questions you've dragged out of your imaginative mind here, floof. Though, since I've decided to do nothing today, I am going to make two short and simple answers.

Ideal FH group?
I've discovered multiple kinds of groups in the great past time; Realistic, Fantasy, Silly, Old, Specified Species, and more, hence I enjoy almost all kinds if groups. But if I have to decide which one I favor the most, I'll have the "Silly" as my choice.
Why?
One of the best groups I'm still a member of, is Blue Powers group, based on absolutely nothing, but fun and pranks. There used to be over 200 members in Blue Powers, and everyone looked the exact same; In color, size, markings, everything. We were all small fun-sized blue dogs. It may sound borring through text, but when you get to experience Blue Powers ingame, you will lie and probably cry on the floor of laughter. You can't handle the fun of hundreds of mini blue dogs pranking the mate centers. You just can't! :)
And that is also what defines a "Silly" group aswell.

Favorite time in FH?
I have countless of good memories here, but I'll give out this one:
I used to roleplay as Suragaha's mom, using a Lioness character that I still use to this day :)
It happened back in 2014, in lagfire where everybody were being full derp-heads, including Sura who made herself mini-sized. God she was so CUTE! xD
I even have a screenshot of it if you'd like to see:
Ah... Good old times...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:20:11 am by Fantasia »
Hello there, Obi Wan Kenobi.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 09:49:26 am »
I'm more likely to join a pack if there's roleplaying in it.

As for favorite memories, it's a long time ago when I roleplayed as a hyena at the time I started staying around The Grounds more often.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline druid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • pestilence ridden
    • heliobite
    • heliobite
    • View Profile
    • God's Not Listening
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 06:01:38 pm »
I have always been more inclined to joining role-plays if they have a nice looking website; it shows that the staff have put a lot of time and effort into the group. It's also nice if the plot is not too standard, for example, a "good vs. evil" type story.

I do best in role-plays when the members are open-minded and don't stick to the cliques they've already established, but include all of their members. Also, it's quite a pain when you go through all the trouble of sending a RPS and the group never role-plays.

I don't necessarily have a favorite RP memory, but one thing that comes to mind was back in the role-play Project Psychosis, where an old character of mine Valkean would sit on a table in the middle of a foggy forest and have strange, edgy interactions with anyone who happened to wander through his part of the woods. Ah, those were the days..

discord: heliobite#4265
sig by phuckerrs@dA
slightly inactive due to school

Offline Rogue

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • i'm the treasure baby, i'm the prize
    • ylwoe
    • View Profile
    • Limitless
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 12:53:12 pm »
I usually go for more casual roleplays without strict literacy and detailed plots because I get really anxious about them... Like if all their members have Latin first names, middle names, surnames, and lineage while roleplaying with a thesaurus in hand I usually panic and leave quietly afterwards because everyone's too intimidating ^^'
There's also the problem of timezones and school, so I can't get online as much as most RPs would prefer their members to be.

Honestly if it's simple and friendly-looking I'll try it out.

As for favourite memories... It was probably Unchained a couple years ago. It was one of the only RPs I was consistently active on, and everyone was really friendly and inviting too. I really enjoyed hunting parties and watching the brawlers fight; they were really lovely times.
//wuff