Author Topic: Localization for FeralHeart!  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Localization for FeralHeart!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 02:49:58 am »
I really enjoy this idea,

The idea of allowing people who don't know any/much english would then be able to join in, it opens up the game to a wider audience which could be very beneficial. Good idea floof!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 11:38:55 am »
Thank you all for the amazing support! It's really appreciated. Nuzzles to everyone~
And Kiki, thank you for replying! I'm glad to hear that this idea will be taken into consideration.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:30:31 pm by Deucallion »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:31:45 pm »
I love this idea 100%. It's not often but I do see users wishing that there were a language translator for FH, having difficulties trying to navigate through the forums/game not knowing English as well as the most of us. I understand the difficulties this addition to the game/forums would require but in my eyes, it's worth it. That way everyone can enjoy the game, no matter what part of the world you live in. Great idea, Deuca!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »
I love this idea 100%. It's not often but I do see users wishing that there were a language translator for FH, having difficulties trying to navigate through the forums/game not knowing English as well as the most of us. I understand the difficulties this addition to the game/forums would require but in my eyes, it's worth it. That way everyone can enjoy the game, no matter what part of the world you live in. Great idea, Deuca!

Thank you for the support, Sigyn! +floof

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 02:44:34 pm »
Of course! +Floof as well

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 06:01:26 am »
This is an amazing idea! It would be a lot nicer for non-English speakers to navigate the game and understand what the buttons mean and everything. Makes for a much nicer user experience.

If we were to have more downloads for each language though, it might become an issue for people who want to download them using the torrent method as there would be less seeds to download from but I'm not positive on that. I'm sure we could create a workaround on Mediafire for people to download the game! 
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 05:24:27 pm »
This is an amazing idea! It would be a lot nicer for non-English speakers to navigate the game and understand what the buttons mean and everything. Makes for a much nicer user experience.

If we were to have more downloads for each language though, it might become an issue for people who want to download them using the torrent method as there would be less seeds to download from but I'm not positive on that. I'm sure we could create a workaround on Mediafire for people to download the game! 

Thank you for sharing your opinion, Morgra! It's really appreciated.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 12:02:20 pm »
Maybe a text changing mod should be implemented(If that's possible) to change the text that the buttons use, although it won't change the chat. Another option is to make a GUI that has the translated word next to the english words in the main menu.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 07:25:40 pm »
Maybe a text changing mod should be implemented(If that's possible) to change the text that the buttons use, although it won't change the chat. Another option is to make a GUI that has the translated word next to the english words in the main menu.

I've actually already suggested to the Staff an easier way to translate the words. I have also gathered up all the words that can be changed through the game files within a document. c:

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 09:43:44 pm »

I've made map objects with different textures depending on which mat file you put in the materials folder.  By logical extension all languages that appear as .jpg or .png could be packaged as a single download and you swap in a material file that suits the language you want to see.
Not sure how well that would work for the text generated outside of the loading screens and billboards though...
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"