Author Topic: Cannibalistic Groups  (Read 6209 times)

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibalistic Groups
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 11:00:05 pm »
Things that are okay: "Hi! I created a pack with an original culture that contains unorthodox or unique customs because I like to be creative.

Things that are not okay: "Welcome to my pack we EAT EACH OTHER because we are EDGY and DARK please only EVIL characters join BLACK wolves only color code must be 0 0 0!!!"

The difference: one cares about creativity and expanding the limits of roleplay. The other only cares about superficialities and not about the actual substance of a roleplay.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 05:55:22 pm »
even the ones that are of the old stereotype along the lines of 'we're all black and red and we eat people rawr ecks dee' i don't have an issue with

cannibalism is something that happens
basing a group around it is a little weird but it's definitely not the worst thing to ever happen.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 09:32:09 pm »
I never understood why people have this sick fetish with this kind of stuff. I always hated it and I only prayed these people would get help if they where interested in this kind of controversial and quite mental stuff. Most tell me it is because it is taboo that people like it, others don't explain them self and just be immature jerks about it when you tell them it is not allowed in a roleplay you are doing and they act like 10 year olds who got their game taken away from them. I find it rather sick, disturbing, and quite concerning for people to like this stuff, I only hope this crap will die down one day, it is not doing anything positive to communities by existing.

It concerns me most when they argue it like there is nothing wrong with it when you tell them it is not allowed in your rp.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:46:15 pm by ShadowMT13 »

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 09:40:59 pm »
Things that are okay: "Hi! I created a pack with an original culture that contains unorthodox or unique customs because I like to be creative.

Things that are not okay: "Welcome to my pack we EAT EACH OTHER because we are EDGY and DARK please only EVIL characters join BLACK wolves only color code must be 0 0 0!!!"

The difference: one cares about creativity and expanding the limits of roleplay. The other only cares about superficialities and not about the actual substance of a roleplay.

Listen there is having edgy characters and then there is just being straight up demented asylum material, know the difference. Cannibalism is not edgy or dark, it is just sick and demented. I know edgy because I have lived edgy XD This is not what I would call edgy...

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 11:31:54 pm »
I think she means the reason why people make cannibalistic groups is because they want to be edgy and original, not that being a cannibal is edgy. Not everyone who plays as one is crazy, probably just someone who's going through a phase.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 12:06:31 am »
I think she means the reason why people make cannibalistic groups is because they want to be edgy and original, not that being a cannibal is edgy. Not everyone who plays as one is crazy, probably just someone who's going through a phase.
If cannibalism is a phase then hell people better stop hating on Emos, because sometimes it is not a phase, but other times it is. Being an emo makes you look like a god/goddess if you compare it to cannibalistic stuff being just a phase.

Lucius

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 12:23:06 am »
I don't mind them. Cannibalism is prevalent in certain animal species, including chickens, rabbits, hamsters and chimpanzees, to name a few.

Honestly, I never quite understood the negativity surrounding the idea of people roleplaying as cannibals. I think it might be because people don't make a distinction between fantasy and reality. A character isn't the person behind the screen; just because a character is a cannibal doesn't mean that the person roleplaying that character has cannibalistic tendencies and whatnot.

Listen there is having edgy characters and then there is just being straight up demented asylum material, know the difference.

I can understand why some folks wouldn't want cannibals in their group. However, saying that someone must be mentally ill just because they have an interest in cannibalistic characters is a stretch. There's many different kinds of roleplay; cannibalistic groups just happen to be one of them.

And that's my opinion on this.

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 01:42:41 am »
I think it's okay. People can roleplay whatever they want, yet, if you're doing a cannibal group just 'cos "edgeeh!! XDXD and bl0Od!! and deerrrk LOL LOOK AT ME MOM I AM SO COOL -bawwwws to the moon as i eat a corpse-" is so.. ugh.
Then again, cannibalism in the plot could be very interesting because it would mean there's an extreme lack of prey/meat (most rp groups that go cannibal are conformed of primarily meat-eating animals) and an incapability of moving to other territories, causing the group to have to sacrifice their own or eat loners/rogues/other groups of the same species. I think it adds more action to it all, because one moment you could be safe and sound and the next what you thought was a friend could be triying to dismantle you. It really depends on the environment, though. If your group /doesnt NEED/ cannibalism (aka they can feed themselves in a balanced manner based on their normal diet and not on their own species for survival) it's stupid to do a cannibalism group.
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 03:25:59 pm »
Honestly, cannibalism, as strange as it seems, happens in the real world, and if you joined an entirely realistic roleplay; the group leaders could set that up as a standard. Wolves for example, are commonly cannibalistic. They will not miss a chance for a meal, so that being said, every opportunity they have even if it means eating one of their own kind, they will take it. Reason for this is because they usually live in the most merciless wilderness in the world. They will eat sick or injured members of their pack, or eat any wolf that has already died. Even alphas of their own pack could become eaten by their pack members if their power over the pack dwindles.

Lions also eat one another. Same goes with bears. Same goes with hyenas. Practically many carnivorous or omnivorous animals will take the chance in eating their own kind if it means their chance of survival.

It's sad to say, Nature can leave a bittersweet taste. It's either beautiful or downright relentless.

However people who do this in roleplay; you'll never know whats in their head. They could have a sick fetish or they just want to be realistic or want a good plot to keep their roleplay going. You'll never know.
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 08:26:49 pm »
I see nothing wrong with cannibalism roleplays as long as the plot and characters are well-written and not edgy for the sake of being edgy. Think of the cannibal Koga Clan dogs from the anime Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, for example.

Cannibalism happens in nature and I've personally witnessed it in starving feral cats. Some species are especially prone to cannibalistic tendencies- I  believe it's quite common in chimpanzees. It's even happened many times in human history during famines or other difficult circumstances.

It's a dark topic, but a fun one to explore, and certainly not unrealistic. Nothing wrong with enjoying disturbing topics like this- why do you think the horror genre exists?

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n